Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
oooo PM of glory Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:39 pm
Oh my! I forgot to post this! I got a random PM about the guild a while ago and thought you all might find it amusing...

BlackKingX
Something I've been wondering for a while.

Why do Athiests need to get together to talk??? What do they possibly talk about? How God sucks, and how other religions are wrong? Why can't they just get together with anyone at all - without discriminating against belief?

Please don't say Athiests need to comfort each other because of their lack of belief. I just see no reason in that. Being an Athiest isn't a belief it's lack of a belief. Thus I don't see why they'd have to get together like a religion or a cult and discuss things. Please enlighten me. neutral

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:18 am
[_caustic_]
Oh my! I forgot to post this! I got a random PM about the guild a while ago and thought you all might find it amusing...

BlackKingX
Something I've been wondering for a while.

Why do Athiests need to get together to talk??? What do they possibly talk about? How God sucks, and how other religions are wrong? Why can't they just get together with anyone at all - without discriminating against belief?

Please don't say Athiests need to comfort each other because of their lack of belief. I just see no reason in that. Being an Athiest isn't a belief it's lack of a belief. Thus I don't see why they'd have to get together like a religion or a cult and discuss things. Please enlighten me. neutral

My god he's right. I've wasted my life.

Seriously though, I think I answered this when that girl picked a fight (or post argument) with me and then we made a thread about it.

This one...here.

Dathu

Newbie Noob

MightyHikaru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:47 am
This just shows how we're still being stereotyped to most theists out there.

Quote:
What do they possibly talk about? How God sucks, and how other religions are wrong?

Of course, if we're in a atheism related guild, we couldn't possibly talk about ANYTHING other than the fact that this what our beliefs (or lack thereof) are. And EVEN if that was all we do here, I'll be damned if christian guilds talk open-mindedly about atheism, or any other religions that contradict theirs.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:42 pm
xd

Did you respond?  

puresilver

Merciless Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:25 pm
puresilver
xd

Did you respond?

*points* OMG!! You're here!!

ninja So, yeah... Did you respond?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:28 pm
Yeah. And I was nice to him of course.
I such a saint rofl  

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

Merciless Darkness

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:36 pm
What'd you say?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:43 pm
My response:

Atheism is the belief that no higher powers/Gods exist.
Do you look at the religious guilds as discriminatory too? Their purpose is the same as ours- to have a place to talk with others who have similar views. It's an environment where you don't have to constantly explain your views or have any one flame you for them. If someone does want to debate their views, then that's what the Morality and Religion subforum is for. (I will say however, that we did have a Christian request to come in and have a thread to find out why we were atheists. He was allowed to come in and be part of our guild provided he didn't try to actively convert anyone.) Our guild is just a community for people who happen to share a common belief. A lot of members are interested in hearing other atheists points of views on issues, since many don't know any other atheists. The rest of our lives, online and offline, are spent with others of different beliefs.
Why would we comfort eachother? It's not something to be ashamed of or hurt because of. The only instance of comfort would be for a personal situation someone brings up in the guild.
What do we possibly talk about? Anything and everything. Mainly sex. And trolls. FOMG ROFL>>> It's not limited to atheism/religion. Why shouldn't we get together and chat and discuss on a forum for chat and discussion? Having an atheist guild is like having an anime guild. You get a group of people together to form a community based on a shared interest or common trait.

Can you find the new part I just added? you get cookie ninja  

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

[Satan]

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 3:08 pm
I think that PM is just plain ignorant. It even says on the front page that bashing christianity is against the rules. Plus, we can't talk about how God sucks, because we don't believe in him. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 5:03 pm
[Satan]
I think that PM is just plain ignorant. It even says on the front page that bashing christianity is against the rules. Plus, we can't talk about how God sucks, because we don't believe in him. rolleyes

Yeah, that Santa Claus is such a b*****d... I wonder, is that post one among many?

Have there been other such PMs?

Yami no Moonlight
puresilver
xd

Did you respond?

eek Is that I'm here important? *points at self*  

puresilver

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:09 pm
puresilver
[Satan]

Yeah, that Santa Claus is such a b*****d... I wonder, is that post one among many?

That's the only one, but it doesn't mean he's the only one to think it so far xP  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 2:18 pm
puresilver
[Satan]

Yami no Moonlight
puresilver
xd

Did you respond?

eek Is that I'm here important? *points at self*

*thinks for a moment* Santa is cool and completely non-exsistant... unless you're like 4... or just really, really-- Well, you get the point. My basic thought is that to think of such things is cool. Hmm... that may not have to do with anything.

Oh, and you are from the YER Guild... So, yeah that's why I pointed at you. XD

Merciless Darkness

The Amazing Mr. Tommyos!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:45 pm
Posts regarding Atheism have become scarce, if that.
It's more of an "You're an atheist? I'm an athiest! Lets hangout-z0rs" guild.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:37 am
The sad thing is, we still get PMs like that. crying  

G_A_U
Captain

Artto

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 8:34 am
I wish I got those kind of PM's. I think it'd be fun biggrin  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash