Submit

Jesus is Lord!
  Amen!
View Results

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:09 pm
Bible Questions

Everyone has questions, and having questions fosters growth and spiritual maturity. This is a place where you can put questions you have about your faith, God, and the Bible.

This is a Christian guild, after all, so why not have a thread where we can post our questions and hopefully get answers? I got this idea from the Ideas thread, though I had been thinking about it for some time.

So post away! 3nodding

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:40 pm
Proverbs 13:24
"He who spares his rod hates his
son,
But he who loves him
disciplines him promptly."

My father isn't around to discipline me or any of his other children.
So, he hates me, no?
He occasionally tells us he loves us. But I disagree.
Because he doesn't show it in action.
So is this scripture meant to be taken literally?
I personally think it's meant to be taken literally,
but I could be mistaken.

Granted I have a Father. And He loves me dearly.
I know this.
Proverbs 3:11-12
"My son, do not despise the
chastening of the Lord,
Nor detest His correction;
For whom the Lord loves He
corrects,
Just as a father the son in
whom he delights."  

reuben alexander

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:06 am
-reuben alexander-
Proverbs 13:24
"He who spares his rod hates his
son,
But he who loves him
disciplines him promptly."

My father isn't around to discipline me or any of his other children.
So, he hates me, no?
He occasionally tells us he loves us. But I disagree.
Because he doesn't show it in action.
So is this scripture meant to be taken literally?
I personally think it's meant to be taken literally,
but I could be mistaken.

In my version, it is written: "those who love their children care enough to discipline them".

I would agree. A parent that truly loves their children will discipline them. Why? Because they care enough to do so. There is evidence for this in studies of Sociology and Psychology.

-reuben alexander-

Granted I have a Father. And He loves me dearly.
I know this.
Proverbs 3:11-12
"My son, do not despise the
chastening of the Lord,
Nor detest His correction;
For whom the Lord loves He
corrects,
Just as a father the son in
whom he delights."

This is something a lot of people have a hard time understanding. I think it's funny that I've been saying that the whole time and I never really pay much attention to proverbs. rofl mrgreen

Yay for God's Wisdom!
Amen.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2008 3:10 pm
Glory to God!!
Thank you Scarlet.
mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen  

reuben alexander

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:50 am

Okay, so I've noticed several Christians these days coming out and saying "Evolution doesn't go against the Bible". I don't understand if they're trying to win over people who are Atheists and such or what. All I know is that I have to disagree. Reason:

"Then the Lord God formed the man from the dust of the ground." Genesis 2:7

Bang. There are no monkeys or anything like that. In fact, Adam wasn't even child. He was a man, a grown adult.

Also, how He created Eve:

"While the man slept, the Lord God took out one of the man's ribs and closed up the opening. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib, and he brought her to the man." Genesis 2:21-22

The Big Bang theory doesn't work for the Bible either, because God had first created the earth and had put vegetation on it when He decided that the sun and moon would be created.

If anyone can tell me how these do not contradict Evolution and the "Accident", please do.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:03 pm
Scarlet_Teardrops

Okay, so I've noticed several Christians these days coming out and saying "Evolution doesn't go against the Bible". I don't understand if they're trying to win over people who are Atheists and such or what. All I know is that I have to disagree. Reason:

Bang. There are no monkeys or anything like that. In fact, Adam wasn't even child. He was a man, a grown adult.

"While the man slept, the Lord God took out one of the man's ribs and closed up the opening. Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib, and he brought her to the man." Genesis 2:21-22

The Big Bang theory doesn't work for the Bible either, because God had first created the earth and had put vegetation on it when He decided that the sun and moon would be created.

If anyone can tell me how these do not contradict Evolution and the "Accident", please do.

No - we are not evolved from monkeys - I do not support that "Theory of Evolution." But what I do believe is that evolving goes with the bible.

It is a scientific fact that genes do change, species evolve and adapt. We see that with species which are known to be found only on one island and nowhere else on the planet. God wants all creatures (especially humans) to be able to survive in their given environment. And I think that's what happened between when God made the earth (slamming it together - "bang") and when He created Adam. To Him it was the blink of an eye, for us it is millenniums. There are dinosaur bones. How do we know that God didn't have them inhabiting the planet prior to Adam. I believe that He cleaned up with a big flip on the axis, wiped it all out (except cockroaches, unfortunately), and created Adam in a new Eden.

I always remember this: Man wrote the Bible. There are pages missing and passages yet unfound (or incorrectly translated and/or transcribed). For me, it's all possible because that's what God intended.  

Sue Phoenix

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:11 am

Well of course we change and adapt. If we did not, we would have a very hard time surviving in new environments. That just shows how much of a genius God really is.

I believe that the dinosaurs were all killed off in the flood. Most of their remains are found under layers of sediment and sandstone and limestone, both of which involve water. And they've found evidence that humans and dinosaurs may have walked the earth together. Mind you, the layers could have just as easily been from the many, many years.

Of course, they've also discovered that dinosaurs were probably warm blooded and, quite possibly, had fur.

And of course I'm aware that humans wrote the Bible, but I believe that they were inspired by the Spirit of God to do so.

I'm going to assume that the answer is yes, the Bible does contradict the "Theory of Evolution".

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:26 pm
Lonely Sue
Scarlet_Teardrops

No - we are not evolved from monkeys - I do not support that "Theory of Evolution." But what I do believe is that evolving goes with the bible.

It is a scientific fact that genes do change, species evolve and adapt. We see that with species which are known to be found only on one island and nowhere else on the planet. God wants all creatures (especially humans) to be able to survive in their given environment. And I think that's what happened between when God made the earth (slamming it together - "bang") and when He created Adam. To Him it was the blink of an eye, for us it is millenniums. There are dinosaur bones. How do we know that God didn't have them inhabiting the planet prior to Adam. I believe that He cleaned up with a big flip on the axis, wiped it all out (except cockroaches, unfortunately), and created Adam in a new Eden.

I always remember this: Man wrote the Bible. There are pages missing and passages yet unfound (or incorrectly translated and/or transcribed). For me, it's all possible because that's what God intended.

ok you wish to use dino bones to promote your thery 1 dinos where here with job have you not read of liviothon or behemoth (legs the size of tree trunks and a tail that swings like a ceder ) id say sounds like what youde call a brontasourus
2 when it say to him a day is a thousand years AND A THOUSAD YEARS A DAY it is saying that god exests outside the boundrys of time to him time dosent move he's not saying time moves fast it just dosent move and if we adapt why have we not become immune to poisens weve been co-exesting with for years
and three the bible as it is may be missing a page or two but you realize of the 3000 copys of original script we have eavary word is copyed the exactly alike in 98% of over 500 years of the "original" manuscripits and did you realize that one of the "most relyable scripts we have" the illiad has a 20% error rate in a little over 120 years and if ther where a full book of scripture missing ther would have been referanse to it in the other books of scripture  

ellnor7

ellnor7

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:31 pm
Scarlet_Teardrops

Well of course we change and adapt. If we did not, we would have a very hard time surviving in new environments. That just shows how much of a genius God really is.

I believe that the dinosaurs were all killed off in the flood. Most of their remains are found under layers of sediment and sandstone and limestone, both of which involve water. And they've found evidence that humans and dinosaurs may have walked the earth together. Mind you, the layers could have just as easily been from the many, many years.

Of course, they've also discovered that dinosaurs were probably warm blooded and, quite possibly, had fur.

And of course I'm aware that humans wrote the Bible, but I believe that they were inspired by the Spirit of God to do so.

I'm going to assume that the answer is yes, the Bible does contradict the "Theory of Evolution".

if i may add to what you sayed have you ever notised that the "LAYERS" go from most dense to least dense and that sientest are all the time diging up bons from the rong time zone and what do thay always blame it on " well a flood must have disturbed it " i belive a flood created the "layer "setteling fom most dense to least dence as it setteled and evary know and then it seteld croked.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:04 pm

Nice comments and ideas.

It is said that the Bible is missing some books because of church conspiracies and stuff. But this isn't completely true. The books we have in the Bible were chosen specifically because:

1. We're able to authenticate the authors
2. The manuscripts we found for those books date back closest to the original

These are the things hidden under the lies of society and culture.

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:31 am

This is for you when you're dealing with Questions on Sin.

Q: Sin doesn't exist. You only learn what is right and wrong because you're told. You aren't programmed to know what is right and wrong. So why should I believe that sin exists?

A: Answers to sin can be found in the Bible. This person is right. You learn what is right and wrong through being told. That is why the Bible is such an enlightening book. Because we are born of sin nature, we don't know any better. But when we receive the light of Christ we come to know what is sin and what is not.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:22 am
Scarlet_Teardrops

Please tell me when any explosion has ever made anything other than a mess. biggrin  

littlelead

Bible Questions and Debating

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces