Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
Signs that you're a little too into H2G2 Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you say yes to any of these?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Panic!At The Square Dance

O.G. Gaian

9,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 7:25 pm
Yay!We are all so warped.Feel free to add to the list!

*You bought the Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide
*You talk to you mattress-and it talks back
*'42'is the answer to every question on your math test(Never,never do this.Belive me)
*You use the word "frood" in polite conversation
*You found Earth's serial number
*You carry a towel everywhere
*You have managed to fit said towel in your handbag,along with all of your other stuff
*You demand to meet your food at the resturant(and you suceeded)
wingnut the improbable

Here's some more: (guilty of all)
You get nervous on Thursdays.
You painted "DON'T PANIC" on your calculator in big, friendly letters.
You get in arguments with people about whose towel is better.
You get offended when people talk about Belg***.
You say "z***" or "Belg***" when you get frustrated.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2005 11:06 pm
HA HA HA that is great! and so true!!

kelchris77

wingnut the improbable generated a random number between 42 and 42 ... 42!

wingnut the improbable

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:14 pm
ILoveZelos
*You bought the Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide Yup.
*You talk to you mattress-and it talks back My mattress doesn't talk back. It's too shy.
*'42'is the answer to every question on your math test(Never,never do this.Belive me) Once, I couldn't figure out the answer to a question so I put 42 down. It was wrong.
*You use the word "frood" in polite conversation Yes. And hoopy. And Belgium (though that's stretching the word 'polite')
*You found Earth's serial number OK, now I have to look that up!
*You carry a towel everywhere It's on my head at the moment.
*You have managed to fit said towel in your handbag,along with all of your other stuff I refuse to buy a purse if I can't fit a smallish hand towel in there.
*You demand to meet your food at the resturant(and you suceeded) Not yet.

Here's some more: (guilty of all)
You get nervous on Thursdays. (by the way, happy Thursday, everyone!)
You painted "DON'T PANIC" on your calculator in big, friendly letters.
You get in arguments with people about whose towel is better.
You get offended when people talk about Belg***.
You say "z***" or "Belg***" when you get frustrated.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 4:29 pm
AA! IT'S THURSDAY!!
xp
anywho,
if you notice whenever anyone or anything involves the number 42.  

Jupiter-X

wingnut the improbable

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 5:11 pm
Jupiter-X
AA! IT'S THURSDAY!!
xp
anywho,
if you notice whenever anyone or anything involves the number 42.

That one was so normal for me that I forgot it completely. But, yes, guilty as charged.

eek HOLYZARQUONJUPITER-X'SPOSTHAD42INIT!!!!! xd

A sign of obcessionism, but not general enough to really count: Every Thursday, I wear a shirt that says "Don't Panic" on it in smallish friendly letters. Also, every Wednesday, I ask my friends in a rather excited tone "Do you know what tomorrow is!?". They usually make up some humourous guesses, before being disappointed that it was 'only' Thursday. You'd think they have caught on by now. stare  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:42 pm
'zarquon' 'belgium' and 'zarking' have all slipped into my vocabulary after having watched the movie three or four times in two days.  

mcm

wingnut the improbable

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:54 am
mcm
'zarquon' 'belgium' and 'zarking' have all slipped into my vocabulary after having watched the movie three or four times in two days.
Watch your language, you! xd

Same here. People always look at me strangely when something bad happens and I say "Oh Belgium".  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:23 pm
xd xd xd
Quote:
*'42'is the answer to every question on your math test(Never,never do this.Belive me) Once, I couldn't figure out the answer to a question so I put 42 down. It was wrong.

I've been doing practice math tests for the PSAT, and on one of them, the correct answer was 42 THREE TIMES. *twilight zone music*
And, yes, I will pick 42 if I can't figure the problem out, unless I know it has to be wrong. One time I had a problem that involved 6 x 9 and I practically had to gnaw my knuckles off to not put 42 down.

(random thought) This morning, I was driving to school (I've got a permit, but no liscence) and got stuck in the middle of an intersection with SUVs the side of Rhode Island on all sides, so I was doing the twitching/sweating/muttering 'ohmygodohmygodwhatdoido' under my breath thing, and my mom and brother both yelled, at almost the same time, "DON'T PANIC!" And it shocked me enough (and made me smile) that I quit freaking outa and made it out alive.

So...

*People start telling you not to panic, not because they understand but because they know it will always, somehow, make you feel better. xd  

Lupe_Oceana

phantasmic kacaphony rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

phantasmic kacaphony

Cosmic Camper

14,125 Points
  • Planetary Technician 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:42 pm
There is 42 on all my binders, and the back of my IDS binder says Don't Panic. It takes up the entire back of the binder.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:50 am
Well, there's this.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=1327759

and I sort of spaz out when I see the number forty two.

And I ahve the words DON'T PANIC written in large friendly letters on the cover of my binder.

Animeistro

Lupe_Oceana

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:15 am
Raelwyn
There is 42 on all my binders, and the back of my IDS binder says Don't Panic. It takes up the entire back of the binder.

I've got 4 H2G2 binders:
"Don't Panic" for chemistry class (because the tests are evil)
A picture of a babelfish for Spanish class
A picture of Marvin for logic class
A picture of Ford and Arthur for English class... not because it has anything to do with English, but because I needed a picture of Ford. blaugh  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:32 pm
Well, I have been guilty of saying "zark" from time to time, but mostly when I'm looking for something and can't find it so I start cursing under my breath. Nobody's noticed, which is good. I've been accused of being obsessed with too many things over the years. And I have got the Ultimate Guide. Oh, here's a strange one: sometimes when I'm getting ready for school but realize I've got time left I just start randomly flipping through the Ultimate Guide to try and find something funny to wake me up. I've got whole passages memorized now... Oh, and my sister and I have this running joke about when stuff gets inexplicably dinged up, it has "random dents" in it.  

Lullabee

Timid Elocutionist

wingnut the improbable

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:07 am
Lupe_Oceana
*People start telling you not to panic, not because they understand but because they know it will always, somehow, make you feel better. xd
And you say "Don't panic!" to others instead of "Don't worry" and other, less adequate phrases.

Once, we had to read an awful poem in English and then do an equally awful response to it. One of the questions was "How did the poem make you feel?". Then, I realized to my pleasant surprise, I had memorized the majority of the scene where Arthur and Ford are describing the Vogon Captain's poetry, so I wrote what I remembered from the scene. Thankfully, I have a very patient English teacher.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:09 am
wingnut the improbable
Lupe_Oceana
And you say "Don't panic!" to others instead of "Don't worry" and other, less adequate phrases.

Once, we had to read an awful poem in English and then do an equally awful response to it. One of the questions was "How did the poem make you feel?". Then, I realized to my pleasant surprise, I had memorized the majority of the scene where Arthur and Ford are describing the Vogon Captain's poetry, so I wrote what I remembered from the scene. Thankfully, I have a very patient English teacher.
I quote H2G2 quite often.I slipped in a quote as a response to my mom when we were at a resturant.Only my uncle got it because he's a dork like me!^^ Then he promised to take me to Dragon Con next year.I'll be going as a mattress.  

Panic!At The Square Dance

O.G. Gaian

9,700 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Window Shopper 100

layzy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:25 am
wingnut the improbable
Lupe_Oceana

hehe ^_^ i likes that  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games