Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Official Resident Evil/Biohazard Guild::

Back to Guilds

The only guild on Gaia where hardcore Resident Evil fans can come and experience complete safe haven. Welcome! 

Tags: Resident Evil, Biohazard, Raccoon City, T-Virus, Umbrella 

Reply ::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)
RE movie 'Last Boss' discussion. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who was your favorite final monster?
  Transformed Licker
  Nemesis (Matt Edison)
  Tyrant (Dr. Isaacs)
View Results

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:21 pm
Pretty self explanatory. It's to discuss the bosses of the RE movies.

Personally, I think Isaacs Tyrant was the best. He was just made really well. Not only did he look AMAZING for a guy in a costume, but it was actually Iain Glenn in it. I mean, I realize that for Nemesis, they had to get a bigger actor than Eric Mabius, but I still admire the fact that Iaing Glenn played his own monster.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:44 pm
I too enjoyed the Tyrant. He was all... tentacle-y. xd And he was seriously screwed up in the head from the get-go, and this only gave him more tools of destruction. What a scary thought. D:  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:20 pm
It was funny, cause I remember before the movie came out, you had your usual people bitching about the movies and someone said, "In the games, the tyrant didn't have tentacles!"

And I just showed him this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Rest assured, he didn't respond.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:29 pm
*hands Bio a slice of cake on a plate* Here, have some tasty win cake. It's made of cake and win. xd  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:59 pm
Muahahaha, thanks. I... Am the future!  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:53 pm
No. You're just... another a*****e...

I kid! biggrin  

Canas Renvall
Vice Captain

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:21 pm
Saw that one coming.
Isaacs was cool though.

The licker wasn't bad too. I just didn't like the inconsistency, that it transformed in RE1, but not in Apocalypse. But I guess they could be a different breed. Afterall, there were some physical differences, like the lickers in Apocalypse actually had lips.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:57 am
I didn't really like the Isaac Tyrant, he was just too-meh. The CG tentacles didn't help, they were inconsistent with how the virus mutation works. As far as I can tell, Capcom does the same thing with their RE monsters in their new RE games. His shape-shifting right hand from small clawed hand to tentacle writhing fingers to massive, but not as massive in the games, Tyrant claws. As far as I could tell, the Licker, up until its mutations was the only one portrayed with any taste as far as I know. Nemesis was just unloaded unceremoniously into the streets with his whacked compact mini gun and rocket launcher.  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:25 am
Well, hold on a second... What do you mean inconsistent with how the mutation works? We don't really know how it works. Isaacs was bitten by one of the mutated zombies, so it wasn't pure T-Virus, and plus the antivirus that didn't work. And according to the book, he also injected another T-Virus variation into himself, one that he was working on before Umbrella even implemented the Nemesis program.
So his mutation could've been anything.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:05 am
So you are saying a T-virus zombie injected with a serum that made it simply smarter and able to climb and implement basic motor skills, with no other side effects, caused an affect on a living subject that made it mutate beyond anything that direct injection and controlled mutation created (meaning both Alice and the Licker)? Is the book canon? Now that I bring that up... Nemesis was far fetched in his creation, but I'll let it slide under the idea of further controlled experimentation from Umbrella after he was infected by the rampantly mutated Licker's claw.  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:36 am
Wow... What a run on sentence... Let me try and understand that...

Okay... What I'm saying is that the serum didn't get rid of the T-Virus, obviously. But it did change the zombies... So it either changed the T-Virus itself, or it combined with the T-Virus, creating something new altogether. Which, combined with the T-Antivirus could've created something else, entirely new.

And aside from a couple of minor facts like in the book LJ got bit on the arm, the book is pretty much a direct adaptation of the movie, only with more stuff added. The book talks about the death of Angie and the whereabouts of Jill.
And so far, movie 2 didn't contradict book 1, and movie 3 didn't contradict books 1 or 2, so I don't see why the books aren't canon.
I mean, there's no official report on how the books are written, but for all we know, the author actually sits down with Anderson to talk about it.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:02 am
Meh, I'm still skeptical. If the serum and T-virus combined, then wouldn't the zombies exhibit physical mutations besides just enhanced mobility?  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:14 am
Well, they do, they're also physcally stronger, which is why one was able to wrestle down an Alice Clone, or break out of the chains, and they are more intelligent, like the early experiments showed. As well as more aggressive.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:55 pm
Alright then... none of them shot tentacles...  

Vinessa_Valentine

Biohazard EXTREME

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:51 am
But none of them have been treated with the T-Antivirus.
Plus like I said, Isaacs had a whole bunch of vials laying around, he could've injected himself with something else, like the book said.  
::Raccoon Cinema:: (Movies, Music, Etc.)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games