Reply Anime and Novel RP's
Can You Count The Stars? (Eragon rp) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever read the series?
  yes
  no, but I saw the movie (me: read the series... much better)
  no, not yet (me: it's great, I highly recommend it)
View Results

3differentsides

Kindly Sage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:12 am
Overview of the Series
Eragon was an average farmboy until he found the egg in the Spine. As it turns out, it is the first dragon egg in nearly a hundred years. He ran away from home to protect him and his dragon, Saphira, with Brom. Learning from Brom, Eragon learned the basics of what a Dragon Rider is.
After about a year or two learning from the elves, Eragon goes off to fight the empire, and soon discovers his traveling companion, Murtagh, is really his brother. And he too now has a dragon but is fighting for Galbatorix, king of the Empire.

Story of the Plot
It has been over 385 years since that battle and the third egg has been hatched. It was a male and a good rider was chosen for it. Dragon eggs have been lain and many new dragons are now roaming the lands, with their riders. Eragon died a few years ago and took Saphira along with him. Murtagh and his dragon, Thorn had died in battle years ago and the thrid egg and it's rider have dissapeared all together.
Shades and the Ra'zac are still in the land, but they do not torment anyone without the Riders killing them.
Galbatorix died by Eragon's hand a few months before Murtagh's death, and a new better ruler is now on the throne.
Now new dragons are flying around the lands with their Riders. Some are elves, and some are humans. They serve whomever they wish to serve, themselves, the new ruler, or the Elf Queen.

Plot
A band of Riders and their dragon's are threatening to overtake Alagaësia. The new emperor, Zorba, has asked for any Rider under his word to fight against the group. He has even asked the elves for help, but Queen Islanzadí Dröttning doesn't want to force her riders into battle. Although, she is allowing those who wish to help to. Those of their own servatude can do as they wish, help or stand on the side.
Now it is time for you to choose.

(Sorry, I had to fix the end of the Overview. Galbatorix is not their father, and they don't even share the same father, only the same mother -- Lanfaer)  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:29 am
Character Outline
Okay, you can pick to be a Rider, elf, dwarf, or human. It's simple.

Riders
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b] (Dwarfs can not be Riders, I'm sorry)
[b]Age [looks and really]:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b] (a picture or discrpition)
[b]Dragon:[/b] (a picture is better here)
[b]Dragon's name:[/b]
[b]Personality of Dragon:[/b]
[b]What life was like before you found the egg:[/b]
[b]How you found the egg:[/b]
[b]Weapons:[/b] (please keep in mind that although it is 385 years after the book, there are no guns. Swords, bows, axes and hammers are fine)

Elf, Human, or Dwarf
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age [looks and really]:[/b]
[b]Race:[/b]
[b]Background:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Where you live:[/b]
[b]Weapon:[/b] (please keep in mind that although it is 385 years after the book, there are no guns. Swords, bows axes and hammers are fine)
[b]Apperance:[/b]

The Trick
Elves
Elves are usually tall and graceful, pointed ears and long limbs. They don't eat meat and only eat fuits and vegetables. They make their own weapons and are strong fighters. They have more strength than a human, even the youngest elf. There are little to none child elves because they live so long. Some can be over a hundred years old and still seem like a young adult in human years.

Dwarves
Dwarves are short and stocky. They use short swords and some use axes or hammers. Dwarves can tunnel for miles on a good day and their greatest cities are located in the mountains. They make their own armor and are experts in that field. Dwarves have a stronger arm than humans, even though they are shorter.  

3differentsides

Kindly Sage

3differentsides

Kindly Sage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:57 am
Accepted Profiles

Username: 3differentsides
Name: Miri
Race: Elf
Personality: She's playful and serious. Miri knows when it's time to make jokes and when it is time to fight. She likes music and fools around with the animals sometimes. She's a bit too careful sometimes and can stand up on her own.
Appearance: User Image
Dragon: User Image
Dragon's name: Rift
Personality of Dragon: Wise and careful, Rift is always looking out for Miri. He makes sure that she is doing the correct thing and tells her otherwise. Rift tends to make jokes about others, but that's another story.
What life was like before you found the egg: Miri had been training for combat for a while. She was great in the tornaments they sometimes held and wandered around the forest a lot.
How you found the egg: It was brought to Kirtan when Miri was 178, hoping to find the Rider that belonged to it. And Rift chose Miri.
Weapons: Bow and Arrows, a sword, and dagger.

-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-

Username: xXSilentxWhisperXx
Name: Amy
Race: human
Age [looks and really]: 18
Personality: Gentle, nice, but brave
Appearance: User Image
Dragon:User Image
Dragon's name: Ciroth
Personality of Dragon: brave and friendly
What life was like before you found the egg: Amy's family ran a farm a few miles from carvahall. Amy plays the flute and sometimes plays in town for fun and to earn some money for her family.
How you found the egg:Amy was practicing the flute in the spine when she spotted the egg
Weapons: bow and arrow  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:23 am
Magic
Magic can only be performed in the acient language. There are two ways to learn it. From a more experianced Rider or the Elves. Certain words are needed to cast the charm or spell. The farther you are away from what you are casting it on, the more energy it takes. Once a spell is cast, you can not take it back, you must go through with it, even if it kills you. Casting a spell does take energy away from you. A more experianced Rider or elf can cast many spells, but it still wears them out. Riders can use their link with their Dragon for more energy, but it does wear out them both.
Elves and Riders can cast magic, unless you are a witch or wizard. Dwarfs and humans, can not.

Mental Links
Between the Dragon and Rider, there is a mental link that allows them to communicate with eachother. The Dragon can help protect the Rider and the Rider can tell the Dragon his or her ideas. This allows the two to become one and to help out the other. Elves are able to talk to any Dragon because of they know how through the mental link. If a human Rider is in a place with elves, there will be no private converstaion.
The link between the two can stretch for about a mile, depending on how long the two have been bonding. The mental link can allow a Rider to be the Dragon for an amount of time if they wished and if their minds are strong enough.
Any Rider can intrude into the mind of an animal or another person. If a human has been train, he or she can put up a defense around their mind and keep anyone out. A Rider should know how to do this, this allows their secrets to be kept.  

3differentsides

Kindly Sage

3differentsides

Kindly Sage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:30 pm
Map of the World
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Where They Live
Dwarves are found mainly in the Beor Mountains. The cities shown are their main upper cities.

Elves live in Du Weldenvarden. Their capital city is Ellesmera, that is where the Queen is.

Humans can live anywhere else pretty much. Uru'baen is their capital.

Key Landmarks
Spine: Everyone is afraid of the Spine. Not many people surivive there and it is feared by many. It's a forest and mountain in one.
Surda: It is another land and the Empire does not control it.
Beor Mountains: Confusing and large. This is where the Varden was located until they were foced to move.
Hadarac Desert: It is a large and dificult place to be in. Full of sand and sun, no shelter from the heat and no water.
Du Weldenvarden: It is a giant forest that a person can easily get lost in. Except for the Elves.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:37 pm
Rules

1. Follow the ToS, please.
2. Keep this at a Pg-13 level.
3. No killing off other people or their dragons without their okay. Please tell me this so I can update the status.
4. Romance is allowed, but not in the middle of a battle please.
5. If the Rider dies, the Dragon dies, no questions asked. But if the Dragon dies, the Rider can live for a few more years.
6. PM me your profiles and put Stars as the subject.
7. Have fun.
8. Dragon's don't talk, they growl and breath fire. When the Rider is talking to their dragon through the mental link, please put it in italics so that no one is confused. Thank you.
9. You can have up to three charaters, dragons are not one character. But please don't have all three as Riders.

More will come if they are needed.  

3differentsides

Kindly Sage

3differentsides

Kindly Sage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:49 pm
Reserved, in case I remember something important.....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:52 pm
Reserved... just in case....

3differentsides

Kindly Sage

3differentsides

Kindly Sage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:49 pm

Open  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:52 am
Miri felt the rush of air press her down into the sadle as Rift pushed up into the air. Once at the proper hieght, Rift started to head south, towards the desert to find something to eat. Miri wanted to come along for the hunt. "I still don't understand how you elves can eat only fruits..." Rift told her as he angled to the left. "Of course you wouldn't, your a dragon." Miri teased back earning a sudden drop and then rise from Rift. "That's not funny!" the elf said back through the chuckles of her dragon.  

3differentsides

Kindly Sage

xXSilentxWhisperXx
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:55 am
*is playing a melody on the flute in spine, leaning against Ciroth*
Ciroth:*is sitting, nodding his head once in a while to the music* thats a nice song, where did you learn it?
Amy: *stops playing* honestly , i don't... it sort of just ...came to me i guess
Ciroth: well, it's a good song..don't stop playing!
Amy: haha ok! *continues playing*  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:02 am
"Do you hear that?" Rift asked looking west. Miri listened and then shook her head. "Try again..." her dragon encouraged gently. Miri tried again, but this time she breathed something in the acient lanuage and listened once more. A song drifted to her ears, it was pleasant and nice. "Where's it comming from?" she asked turning with Rift towards the music, the forest ended below them. "This way."  

3differentsides

Kindly Sage

xXSilentxWhisperXx
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:41 am
Ciroth: *nods his head to the music then stops once he didn't hear any music* why'd you stop playing again??
Amy: cause thats the end of the song ciroth...you didn't expect it to go on forever ?
Ciroth: i wish it did
Amy: *laughs* thats ok... i'll play another tune, no worries *begins to play another tune*  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 7:36 pm
Rift banked to the left and glided on a current. The tune's changed. he said. Miri nodded and the looked to the left and right on the ground below her. Moutians rolled under them and the tune was louder. "It should be around here..." she mumbled to herself. Rift suddenly started to decend. Miri looked over to see where he was aiming for, a white dragon was sitting to the right of them.  

3differentsides

Kindly Sage

xXSilentxWhisperXx
Crew

Fashionable Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:40 am
Ciroth: *Stops nodding and looks around*
Amy: *stops playing again* what is it ,Ciroth?
Ciroth : something is coming
Amy: *looks around * is it those bad riders
Ciroth : i don't know doesn't hurt, to be ready for them*stands up*  
Anime and Novel RP's

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out