Reply Classical Musicians Guild
Chopin Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I Cosmo I

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:21 pm
In my opinion, Chopin is the greatest prelude and valse composer.
Prelude in E minor is a good song to play if you are sad and Valse Op.62 no.4 is very nice on the Piu mosso part especially when you don't rush during it, only get a little faster.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:24 pm
I personally think that Chopin was one of the greatest composers ever. His nocturnes are amazing. I actually have the Nocturne in B flat minor tattooed onto my leg.  

Aureleid

I Cosmo I

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:29 pm
Aureleid
I personally think that Chopin was one of the greatest composers ever. His nocturnes are amazing. I actually have the Nocturne in B flat minor tattooed onto my leg.

His nocturnes are out of this world, Nocturne in E-flat is simply astounding  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:18 am
iCosmo29
Prelude in E minor is a good song to play if you are sad and Valse Op.62 no.4 is very nice on the Piu mosso part especially when you don't rush during it, only get a little faster.

Lol you called it a song XD I know people who would hang you for that.

Anyways, I think he's the best Nocturne composer, but I think Rachmaninoff is the best prelude composer.  

Septomor

Le Aristocrat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:11 am
iCosmo29
Aureleid

His nocturnes are out of this world, Nocturne in E-flat is simply astounding

Which one? The Op. 9 no. 2 is the famous E flat Nocturne, but the Op. 55 no. 2 is one of my favourites. Both are stunning, but unfortunately one is overplayed.

Septomor

Lol you called it a song XD I know people who would hang you for that.

Anyways, I think he's the best Nocturne composer, but I think Rachmaninoff is the best prelude composer.

Ah, that would be me...

Ah, Chopin Nocturnes are sublime, but I do think that Faure deserves some recognition in the genre.

So, how about some discussion on the larger works? Ballades, Scherzi, Barcarolle? Or how about the incredible Polonaise-Fantasie?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:16 am
I love the ballades, all of them. My personal favorites are the 2nd and 4th.

Also his sonatas. I think the first is overlooked and the 3rd is underheard. I also think the better movements of the 2nd is underplayed.

I don't care too much for the Scherzi ><

The Barcarolle is alright...but really I lvoe his impromptus more.

I'm not much into the Polonaises, but I do love his Fantasy in F minor. Quite amazing work.  

Septomor

Le Aristocrat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:23 am
Septomor
I love the ballades, all of them. My personal favorites are the 2nd and 4th.

Also his sonatas. I think the first is overlooked and the 3rd is underheard. I also think the better movements of the 2nd is underplayed.

I don't care too much for the Scherzi ><

The Barcarolle is alright...but really I lvoe his impromptus more.

I'm not much into the Polonaises, but I do love his Fantasy in F minor. Quite amazing work.

Ah, yes, the ballades are incredible works. I don't think I can pick favourites though...maybe the first.

Yes, the third sonata is very under-appreciated. What, in your opinion, are the better movements of the B-flat minor?

You don't care for the Scherzi? I'm shocked.

I've never been a huge fan of the impromptus. I don't know why, but they don't grip me...

Um, the Fantasy is lovely, I agree.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 11:40 am
The first and second mvnt.s of the sonata of course. I do love the third and the fourth is just........you know..........  

Septomor

Le Aristocrat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 12:43 pm
Septomor
The first and second mvnt.s of the sonata of course. I do love the third and the fourth is just........you know..........

The fourth movement is perhaps one of the most forward looking pieces of music Chopin ever created. It's a stunning end. And the third shouldn't be overlooked just because it's popular.

I personally think that the work is best when it's performed completely. The use of thematic material is remarkable. When I saw Simon Trpceski perform it at Wigmore I was completely blown away.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 1:30 pm
I really like his piano concerto No 1 (especially performed by Martha Argerich!) ... I have to confess though, I haven't listened to that much Chopin besides a couple of pieces, so my opinion's a little skewed.  

waterstream

nechuroo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 3:48 pm
Chopin is generally great. At first I was like "what is the man thinking" but now I think most of it's deeply beautiful. I must admit my favorite is still the "Heroic" Polonaise in A flat major, Op. 53  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 10:49 am
I Cosmo I

agreed surprised 3nodding  

Aria Ravenwood

3,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Kazikli Voyvoda

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 10:29 pm
I've listened to a lot of Chopin. I really can't get enough of the opening theme in his Nocturne in F sharp minor, Op. 48, No. 2. I also love the impromptus, most notably No. 4, "fantasie-impromptu" and of course Valse in C sharp minor, Op. 64, No. 2. Too often though there's too much attention focused on his Nocturnes, which tends to overshadow many of his other pieces, at least in my experience.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 1:46 am
Aureleid

wow! excellent choice =D photos, please?

Chopin is definitely by far my favourite composer ... in my last year of training, pretty much all I played was Chopin.

my favourites are the Fantaisie-Impromptu, Waltz in E, Nocturne in B Flat, Etude op.25 no.2, Etude no.25 no.12 "Ocean etude" ...

agreed that the Nocturne in E flat op.9 no.2 is waaaaay overplayed ..  

Regis Filia

Eleanore-Harte

4,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 11:11 pm
Ah everyone loves Chopin's Nocturnes! ^_^
The B-flat minor is one of my favourites, so to the person with it tatooed on thier leg... I applaud you! The ballades are also very beautiful.

I've never been a fan of Faure, but it's a case of personal taste.  
Classical Musicians Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff