Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply RP or die!!!
A Fantasy/Action Quest Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you play in a Quest with Messenger 51 as your GM?
  Yes
  No
  Maybe
View Results

Messenger 51

7,400 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:27 pm
I'm kinda new and was curious to what children of this generation respond better to.

But no not really.

I'm interested in making a Quest RP.

Role Play format:

Its sorta like D&D, you have a GM or Game Master that controls the results of your actions, like Cause and Effect.

If you dont know what a D&D or any table top RPG's are let me explain.

Like all RP's these Quests have to have a location, each player starts off with a NEW character- you can bring a old RP character out to play with but for the most part, these characters will be given stats, new weapons, weaknesses etc.

When playing the GM controls the events, NPC's and geography. They do this by random chance really, rolling dice.
All the player has to do is react to the storyline and level up. Its not as boring as that in most cases cause your adventuring hopefully with a party after gold, a elusive item or to kill something. The outcomes of your actions are also determined by the dice you roll as well! The GM is not God but still has a firm handle on the story.

This type of genera is not for the god-moding type or those who cannot follow others rules. You are also only allowed 1 character per person maybe a pet and the pet's actions are determined by the Game master.

You can rp in whatever format you want- I dont care if its in the * * or < > but the only thing I ask is that people use full words- when rping.

OOC chat or questions can be put in (( ))
So I dont get confused.
Sound interested?
Need more info?

If your interested PM me so we can make up your character's stats and info.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:40 pm
This is a bit lengthy, so take your time and read carefully.

Making a character

Although I do love creativity, I’d like to leave the creativity not just to your race but to how you Role Play.

Suggested races:
Human,
Halfling,
Gnome,
Half-Orc,
Dwarf,
Half-Elf,
Elf.

These are the basic races I suggest a player to pick, if there is something not in that list, you want to try a animal like being, mention it; their character stats vary and have different add-ons. Once you pick your Race, please specify your height, weight and gender.

Why do I mention stats? The characters you make for this specific Role Play aren’t your normal characters. These characters will level up, attain skills, feats, evolve- The stats for each character are unique, made by you rolling dice automated in this forum.
After picking a race- Which needs to be checked by the GM, Messenger 51, Please pick one of the following offered classes.

Classes offered:
Barbarian,
Fighter,
Wizard,
Ranger,
Bard

Eventually over time your class can change, every time you level up, use a certain skill or feat often enough, the GM gives you options, during a level up you can elect to change classes- Being a multiclass character, also leads to unknown classes. Please think over carefully your class, each class has its own benefits and down falls, if you are unsure of what you would like to be- you can make that choice after you have rolled for your stats.

Once you have picked your Race and Class, You will need to roll 4 d 6 / four six-sided dice - You will need to roll them 6 times separately. This is to make up your stats of Strength, Dexterity, Constitution, Intelligence, Wisdom and Charisma. The following numbers you roll- if high enough or low enough the pluses and minuses will be added or subtracted when you have to do a dice roll. If you are unlucky enough to roll below a 8 or 9, please re-roll that roll. Once the GM has verified your new stats, she will report to you your luck rating, HP and AC (Hit points and armor class). Luck affects game play greatly, reflexes/will saves and fortitude depend on your luck and what you roll. For those you just have to roll 1 d 20.

Now that we have your basic stats, let me explain dice rolling.

To attack a creature, you use 1 d 20 to see if it hits.

Then depending on the weapon, that dice's weapon, PLUS or MINUS your strength’s bonus to see how much damage you do.

If you are to fight with fists you only you would use your strength’s PLUS or MINUS.
So thats 1 d 20 to see if you hit, and 1 d 4 your strength bonus for the amount dealed.

So to repeat, to attack anything the 1 d 20 is used. If you are running away from a creature to using magic or skills a d 20 is also used in the same manner.

If this is too complicated, I can simply roll the dice for you.

Skills? Magic? Feats?

An explanation on skills:

Skills goes by rank or better yet how Kayla sees fit. You get a certain amount judging by your class+ intelegence x a random multiplier. Also depending on your race and size picked you will get automatic pluses or minuses.
At 1st level, which everyone starts off as- you can only use 3 skill points per skill.

What can I do with these skills?

You can do anything with them- Imagination is good. Depending on the situation, you might want to listen at a door, a haggle using your diplomacy or intimidate, jump across a pit of man eating children..check for traps.

Characters accomplish tasks by making skill checks-ability checks (If you have no ranks in a skill its called a ability check) and attack rolls.

Skill checks require you to roll a d 20 add your characters skill points- judging by the difficulty you either pass or dont pass- even if you magically roll a 20 then plus your skill points, you might not always succeed.

Now for skills out of the list you can pick whatever you want

Appraise
balance
bluff
climb
concentration
decipher script:
diplomacy
disable device
disguise
escape artist
forgery
gather information
handle animal
heal
hide
intimidate
jump
listen
move silently
open lock
ride
search
sense motive
slight of hand
spot
survival
swim
tumble
use magical device
use rope

Feats?
I want one!
Feats are either learned or given depending on situations.
You do not get them judging on race or class.

Magic?
So you picked being a wizard? In the system I’m using, modified slightly off of D&D- Wizards are weak with their strength usually and have limited spells. Rangers and Bards can also use magic- but this all depends on your intelligence, constitution, dexterity and charisma skills. A Bard with low charisma but high dexterity can efficiently ‘Inspire courage’ in her teammates with a ballad- but because of her low charisma the spells duration might not last long enough or even give her companions the full purpose of the spell.

A list of spells?

A list of spells is created specifically for each player based on their luck and stats. A list of your specific spells will be posted when you make your character.

A explanation of leveling up and getting exp.

Everyone starts at level one.
Judging by how well you roll on luck and your stats you are granted either items or feats.

((I have my own sets of dice at home to roll - its not always just random))

To level up there are two ways, killing things or using your skills to get you exp.
You can also combine skills with attacks.

Example: Your battling a beholder, basically a creature with a giant eye. Using concentration to aim for the eye you also attack.

What would you have to roll?
It would seem complicated but its not you'd just roll 2 d20 to see if you achieve it ((to hit and concentrate)) and then the dice needed for your weapon's damage.

But if thats all I need to do, that means I can heal myself and battle at once!

Not exactly- depending again on your stats if you have a high dexterity its possible, also when rolling your 2 d 20’s if you roll a 10 to hit but a 18 to heal, your only healing yourself- your attack fails.

In the background Kayla is also rolling dice. She has her own dice that isn't built in the forums.

But thats not fair you say, I could be cheating.
You have my 100% attention when it comes to rping with me as your GM- Why would I cheat? If you want to overturn one of my rolls though, this is where your luck comes in again.

You would generate a number of 1 to 100. If its above your luck score you get your way, If its below your luck score you dont- and not only that it drops a point!
When luck reaches 0, the chances of things going your way...its not too good...

But Luck is also the key factor in leveling up- besides occupation and race.

Exp chart:

lv 1= 0-200
lv 2= 200-500
lv 3= 500 - 1200
lv 4= 1200 -3000

If you manage to get to lv 4, I'd be really suprised at your dedication to playing.
I will also update the info needed. Just remember EXP isn’t just granted when attacking, its granted when you use a skill/feat/magic creatively.

What about those special items and can I level up my weapons or armor?

Special items and special weapons are found in quests or if your luck is that high awarded.

You can upgrade the level of your weapons/armor with a special blacksmith, you can even add magic to it.

GOLD!

Your gold is generated at the end of creating your character along with the items granted. The GM will ask you to generate a number depending on the luck rating assigned.

After your gold is assigned and weapons (If lucky granted) you can buy other items to start off with. The price of these items is not negotiable outside of RP.

Regular rope: 10 gp (50 feet)
Silk rope: 30 GP
Grappling hook: 1 GP
Grappling hook of steel: 50 GP
Shovel: 100 GP
pick: 100 GP
Traveling clothing: 5 GP
Disguise kit: 80 gp
Master disguise kit: 600gp
pick lock set: 50 gp
Master pick lock set: 2000GP
10 days worth of rations: 100 GP
1 days worth of rations: 10 GP
Torch: 1 copper piece
Flamable liquid: 80 GP
flint and steel: 1 gp
back pack 2 gp
bed roll 1 silver piece
blanket 5 silver pieces
fishing - block and tackle 5 gp
bottle of wine with glass 2 gp
candle 1 silver piece
chain (10 ft) 30 gp
pen and ink; 30 silver pieces
ink; 5 silver pieces
pencil; 2 silver pieces
chalk; 1 silver piece
paper: 20 silver pieces
hammer: 5 sp
jug (clay): 10 copper pieces
Ladder: 1 sp
lantern: 12 sp
Unknown lantern: 1 gp
simple lock: 20 gp
Good lock: 40 gp
amazing lock: 60 gp
Manacles: 15 gp
mug: 2 copper pieces
pot (iron): 5 silver pieces
10 ft pole: 10 gp
soap: 5 silver pieces
amazing soap of cleanliness: 1 gp
water skin: 1 gp
whetstone: 2 cp

Other weapons/armor purchasable now:

light armor
padded: 5 gp +1 to ac
leather: 10 gp +2 to ac

Medium armor
hide: 15 gp +3 to ac but failure to do spells is 20%
scale male: 50 gp +4 to AC but failure to do spells is 22%

dagger: 2 gp, weapon roll 1 d4
gauntlet 2 gp weapon roll 1 d 6 +1
club free weapon roll 1 d6

That’s all you need to worry about now for creating your character.
If you have any questions feel free to PM Messenger 51 or if in RP in OOC brackets (( ))  

Messenger 51

7,400 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

Edibleshoes

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:05 pm
Wow I cant believe no one has replied to this...I'll play then- thanks for sending the invite!  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:08 pm
That reminds me, can I use my old character then? Or do I have to make up a new one?

I can easily make a new one but you know its gonna be a gnome.  

Edibleshoes

Messenger 51

7,400 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:59 am
Edibleshoes
That reminds me, can I use my old character then? Or do I have to make up a new one?

You have to make a new one, I dont mind you being a Gnome-But Doe can't play cause she is already lv 4.  
Edibleshoes rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:01 am
Messenger 51
Edibleshoes

You have to make a new one, I dont mind you being a Gnome-But Doe can't play cause she is already lv 4.

Aww...I liked Doe too.

Let me roll for stats first then.  

Edibleshoes

Edibleshoes rolled 6 20-sided dice: 3, 4, 19, 7, 3, 18 Total: 54 (6-120)

Edibleshoes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:02 am
...A 5 you better let me re-roll that  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:02 am
Edibleshoes
Messenger 51
Edibleshoes

Aww...I liked Doe too.

Let me roll for stats first then.

It would be funny to let you have that 5 but I wont keep anything but 9's.  

Messenger 51

7,400 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Messenger 51 generated a random number between 1 and 100 ... 45!

Messenger 51

7,400 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:03 am
Edibleshoes

Re-roll the 3-4-7and 3.

Normally people just roll them all at once.

Let me generate your Luck.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:04 am
Edibleshoes

UGH! That was horrible!

But I did get a 18, almost better than my RL rolls.  

Edibleshoes

Messenger 51

7,400 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:05 am
Wait...Those weren't 4d6!

And your luck is a 45, thats what you get for trying to fool me!

BAD EDIBLE!
*tosses a shoe at you*  
Edibleshoes rolled 4 6-sided dice: 1, 2, 6, 2 Total: 11 (4-24)
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:07 am
Messenger 51

BAD EDIBLE!
*tosses a shoe at you*

4laugh

I was waiting for you to catch on!

Not god GMing/DMing skills in this one.

*Catches shoe and craidles it* She was mean to you wasnt she shoe?
*shoe nods*  

Edibleshoes

Edibleshoes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:08 am
Do I get to arrange these how I want?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:09 am
Edibleshoes
Messenger 51

BAD EDIBLE!
*tosses a shoe at you*

4laugh

I was waiting for you to catch on!

Not god GMing/DMing skills in this one.

*Catches shoe and craidles it* She was mean to you wasnt she shoe?
*shoe nods*

*Shoots shoe with saved stomach acid*
No more animate shoes!

And yea you can choose where you want the stats.  

Messenger 51

7,400 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
Edibleshoes rolled 4 6-sided dice: 5, 5, 6, 3 Total: 19 (4-24)

Edibleshoes

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:10 am
Sweet!  
RP or die!!!

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out