Welcome to Gaia! ::

[MADG] Hangout

Back to Guilds

Formerly the Mil-a-Day Giveaway, this guild is now a just great place to hangout and meet some new friends. 

Tags: [MADG], Hangout, friends, relax, bunnies 

Reply [MADG]
Age gaps? How big is too big? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rabid Keese

Vampiric Demon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:47 am
The deal is that my youngest brother has a girlfriend he's been seeing for a while now and it's gotten quite serious. He's moved out of my mom's place and is staying with her a lot. She has a kid of her own who likes to say that my brother is her "daddy". I don't know his girlfriend too well but I'm not too crazy about their relationship mostly because she is 24 and he is 16. Call me an overprotective sibling if you will.

Not like I haven't tried accepting and dealing with it. I try to tell myself that age is only a number and things like that but... but... This chick is older than me and going out with my young teenage baby brother?! xp

Anyone else have similar experiences? emo  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:09 am

These kind of relationships never last. >.> repeatedly.

My baby sister's gonna be 18 in a couple months and she's in this long-distance relationship with this 32-year old she's met only once in real life and came across on Everquest. rolleyes Since then she's probably broken up with him over 150 times. -sigh-

I don't give a damn either way, since we've agreed we both hate each other, but considering our eldest sister is old enough to be our mother, and is only 4 years older than this guy she loves..it's just ridiculous.
Mom is all for it, but her dad [ and I, because I'm a b***h ] are telling her no because he's essentially a *****. :/

I think a reasonable age gap is like a few years, not 10-20.

Simplistic-Tyranny

Vice Captain

Dangerous Nerd

SuperCock

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:56 am
._____.

Haha.

I thought I was bad for liking a girl that's still going to be 16 when I turn 18..

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:06 pm
My opinion generally only applies to people in the "teenager" age group, but if the other person is 20+, and your 17-, then sex is illegal for you two and a relation ship is a bad idea.  

Philosophical Waterfowl

kinky-case

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 1:33 pm
Hmm lots of experiences O.< well friend who is 17 is getting married to a 28 year old..in 3 months.., my other friend who was 18 at the time dated a 29 year old, and my cousin who is like >.> 2 months older then me (but was 16 at the time) dated a 34 year old who was married and had a 13 year old kid but who hated his wife but was too poor to divorce her LOL! >.> (my uncle said if he ever wandered down a dark alley at night he would be there to kick his a** XD) and they all started dating around the same time, so I just thought everyone was mental XD but I think -.- if you are below 20 naa -.- don't date older then a few years D: thats just blegh.....  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:24 am
I think it depends on what the age of the youngest is.
I think it's wrong for a 15 year old to go out with a 25 year old say.
But no so for a 40 year old to be with a 50 year old.
It all depends on the maturity of those in the relationship. :3

The biggest age gap I had was 4 years. I was 14, he was 18. It didn't last at all. But sometimes they do work.

Duchess Dill

Angelic Gaian

12,500 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Advent Attendee 50
  • Grunny Harvester 150

J a w i i s a

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:14 am
Uh can you say "illegal".
That's ridiculous.
If your brother was 18, you couldn't really say anything.
But the fact that he is a minor, you have every right to butt in and take charge.
I'd take her to the police if I were you.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:23 pm

If you're over 18, there's no such thing as too much of an age gap, but that's just ridiculous.

Alluminn
Vice Captain

Rabid Keese

Vampiric Demon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:52 am
The age of consent is 16 'round here. And my mom has no problem with it so... Yuh. Not illegal.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:05 pm
Hah...um, yeah.
I think that 9 years might be a bit much, but eh.

I mean, 5 years might be a little much, but it's not as if we're going out on dates until I'm 18...*coughs and hides*  

Myra Mire

`Tahirah
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:20 pm
Either he's really mature for his age or she's really immature. I don't see it being a lasting relationship... Eep.

I'm going to have to agree with the age gap being about 10 years (give or take a few), but only if you're 18+.

I shouldn't talk... I'm involved with a guy that's 7 years older than I am. *Shrug* Though I just turned 22, so it's not a huge issue. Gawd, I'm old. ><

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:23 pm
She's immature. Recently I found a video on youtube of her fighting with this other girl when she's drunk. stare  

Rabid Keese

Vampiric Demon

Alluminn
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:47 pm
Malevolent Teaparty
She's immature. Recently I found a video on youtube of her fighting with this other girl when she's drunk. stare

It would make my day if you'd link that video for us.

Then again, with the stupid amounts of homework I had, suicide might just make my day...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:02 pm
Magadei
Malevolent Teaparty

It would make my day if you'd link that video for us.

Then again, with the stupid amounts of homework I had, suicide might just make my day...

Mmmm homework. I don't miss you.

Seeing that video would be classy. How did your brother even meet this woman?

`Tahirah
Vice Captain

Rabid Keese

Vampiric Demon

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 3:20 am
I'd link it but it looks like it's been renamed or something. I'll have to find it later when someone is awake.

Anyway, how they met? My little brother is a party boy and she's a party girl. I'm guessing they met at a party.  
[MADG]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff