Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Favourite game franchise Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 10:32 am
I was talking with churrlo in the crew forums and it got me to wondering. I know we've got a lot of gamers in this guild, but what is everyone's favourite franchise? What game developer do you continuously feed the cash cow for?

For me, it's the Tales series by Namco. As I was telling churrlo, I'm a little Tales fangirl. I play the games, read the manga, pray for more anime to come out... I can't even hate Legendia, regardless of how far from the best it is. Started with Tales of Phantasia many, many years ago and it's still one of my favourite games.

I'm not sure if it's the wacky sense of humor that all the games share, or the very grey morality of the bad guys/main characters, but I'll buy the milk from that cash cow gladly. xd

What about you guys? Any favourite franchises?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:52 am
Final Fantasy! XD

followed very closely by MOST of the Legacy of Kain series (Completely awesome!) decluding Blood Omen 2 which made me want to cry. Well worth playing.

But yus, my very fave is Final Fantasy.  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

churrlo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 12:41 pm
I looooooooove the Tales series xd The gameplay is just sooo awesome >.< I personally can't wait for Tales of Symphonia II biggrin Is the anime good?! O: I've never seen it razz

I also like the Legend of Zelda a lot ^^; Some of my favorite games from when I was a kid hehe.

And of course Final Fantasy but I haven't played that many of them honestly hehe. I just like em ^^;  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:43 am
I personally never get into all the video stuff, but my daughter is a Final Fantasy lover, and then there's the Fatal Frame games- she loves them but they scare the heck out of her.. I snuck into the room when she and some friends were playing- with the lights off, of course, and said "What's that?" and everyone in the room jumped and screamed- that's how scary the game can make you! That was a lot of fun..Same thing happens when they play Silent Hill... They all banned me from coming into the room when they are playing those 2 games because I usually sneak up behind someone and then say "BOO!"  

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

churrlo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:55 am
LOL mamarita I would totally do that haha! I love to scare people hehe  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:56 am
LOL mamarita I would totally do that! xd I love to scare people haha  

churrlo

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:38 am
Scaring people is fun! XD

The Breath of Fire series is uber cool too!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 9:12 pm
OH I ALMOST FORGOT!! Resident Evil!!! >_< RE4 ftw!! heart Leon *growls*  

churrlo

pheonix20222

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:17 am
I would have to agree with Pilotslover and say Final Fantasy. That
is some trippy stuff right there.

And then I would have to go with Zelda, but I dont know why, I just
like em...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:55 am
@churrlo: The anime is fun, but the one for ToP was better than the Symphonia one.

Lot's of FF fans here, it seems like. I'm a big fan too, but surprisingly the FF games never made it up to my top list of all time games. Other square games did though...  

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

churrlo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:07 am
I want to watch the animes now gonk Can you link me memory O:  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:57 am
I love the Final Fantasy Series.

I'm indifferent about Zelda.

PL  

Pilotslover

Seeker

12,050 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Elocutionist 200

churrlo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:34 pm
How do not like Zelda D:  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 11:49 pm
The only reason I can see someone not liking zelda is if they dont
like the color green (cause if Link's main cloths)... lol

pheonix20222

MemoryDragon

Witty Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:20 am
Zelda is fun too. xd

churrlo... you know how to use bittorrent? Cause that's the only way I know of to get the anime now that Geneon's gone. I'm not sure if FUNi picked up the Tales titles along with the other ones they got from Geneon's demise. Well, there's also youtube, but I refuse to watch anime from there. sweatdrop Low quality... hurts eyes...  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff