Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
Palin Power!<3 Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[Ish-Kabibble]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 6:38 pm
So I nearly threw my TV out the window because all these biased morons have been relentlessly attacking Palin.
Seriously people, she's just a woman.
But maybe that's what the Dems are so afraid of.
I mean they're the ones who are supposed to be 'all inclusive' and 'all for womens rights' and so forth and all that noise. Maybe it's embarassing that a woman from THEIR ticket doesn't have a chance in this election to run. Sure they have Obama, a minority-mooching black man, but the only thing Obama has that Palin doesn't is a job in the Senate[in which the majority of votes he cast were PRESENT because he can't make a decision to save his life]. But even then, her track record is longer.
She's not a DC Suit which is what the Democrats were planning for.
They were ready for Romney as VP nominee, but were taken offgaurd by Palin.
I think all this diving into her personal life is just because they don't have anything truely bad to go off of. Haha. Pathetic, media, truely pathetic.

She seems like a cool person. I'd love to play basketball with her anyday, though she could probably own me at it.
I don't think Barry Obama did anything like that in Highschool. Haha.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 9:30 pm
the medias liberal... all of it...

i think the best part is how they complain that if mccain kicks the bucket and palin becomes president, shes not "prepared" to even be the president...

and obama is only a first year senator?

i believe palin wins in the category of "most experience"...

didnt hear this b***h'n when hillary was still in the running...

hypocrites...  

Lexille

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:19 am
Quote:
(UPDATE SEPT 22) It has been pointed out on the comments section of this blog that this list is the list of books banned at one point or another in the U.S. (very distrubing in it’s own right). Sarah Palin did not ask that all these books be banned - but, if you listen to interviews with the librarian from Wisilla you would get the impression that she was no PRO library either….

Below is a list of the books Sarah Palin tried to have banned from the Wasilla, Alaska Library. When I was in Anchorage two years ago, residents of Wasilla I met described the place as a growing, more-and-more suburban community north of Anchorage. In her speech, Palin called the area “the valley.” Mayor Palin would seem to be a strong force in the suburbanization of the village of Wasilla. When the Wasilla librarian refused to trash these books, Mayor Palin tried to have her fired. This caused a stir in Wasilla which then turned into a drive to protect the librarian. Some of my favorite examples of American literature are on this list. This is the act of a patriotic American? No, this is the act of a religious fundamentalist trying to squeeze herself into the role of a mythic frontier American. The attempt to ban American literary masterpieces like Catcher In The Rye, Grapes Of Wrath, To Kill A Mockingbird, Death Of A Salesman, Leaves Of Grass, As I Lay Dying, Huckleberry Finn, Catch 22 and Tarzan indicates, flags and Bible citations aside, her ascendance to national power would be downright un-American. In the realm of Rovian political marketing and the unfolding effort to win the Presidency not with ideas but with a cult of personality, McCain is the humiliated warrior ready to “go to the gates of hell” to preserve American exceptionalism and Sarah Palin is his fascist “bride,” a mythic frontier mom able to shoot, gut and cook a moose while nurturing her family who has said publicly our war in Iraq is supported by God and people should pray to God to get the Alaska gas pipeline approved.

This is a pivotal moment in American history, and we all need to expose this cult of personality for what it is, a cynical sham. Please pass this on far and wide.

John Grant

This list is taken from the official minutes of the Wasilla Library Board.

A Clockwork Orange by Anthony Burgess
A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle
Annie on My Mind by Nancy Garden
As I Lay Dying by William Faulkner
Blubber by Judy Blume
Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
Canterbury Tales by Geoffrey Chaucer
Carrie by Stephen King
Catch-22 by Joseph Heller
Christine by Stephen King
Confessions by Jean-Jacques Rousseau
Cujo by Stephen King
Curses, Hexes, and Spells by Daniel Cohen
Daddy’s Roommate by Michael Willhoite
Day No Pigs Would Die by Robert Peck
Death of a Salesman by Arthur Miller
Decameron by Boccaccio
East of Eden by John Steinbeck
Fallen Angels by Walter Myers
Fanny Hill (Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure) by John Cleland
Flowers For Algernon by Daniel Keyes
Forever by Judy Blume
Grendel by John Champlin Gardner
Halloween ABC by Eve Merriam
Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Prizoner of Azkaban by J.K. Rowling
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
Have to Go by Robert Munsch
Heather Has Two Mommies by Leslea Newman
How to Eat Fried Worms by Thomas Rockwell
Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou
Impressions edited by Jack Booth
In the Night Kitchen by Maurice Sendak
It’s Okay if You Don’t Love Me by Norma Klein
James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl
Lady Chatterley’s Lover by D.H. Lawrence
Leaves of Grass by Walt Whitman
Little Red Riding Hood by Jacob and Wilhelm Grimm
Lord of the Flies by William Golding
Love is One of the Choices by Norma Kl ein
Lysistrata by Aristophanes
More Scary Stories in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz
My Brother Sam Is Dead by James Lincoln Collier and Christopher Collier
My House by Nikki Giovanni
My Friend Flicka by Mary O’Hara
Night Chills by Dean Koontz
Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck
On My Honor by Marion Dane Bauer
One Day in The Life of Ivan Denisovich by Alexander Solzhenitsyn
One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kesey
One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
Ordinary People by Judith Guest
Our Bodies, Ourselves by Boston Women’s Health Collective
Prince of Tides by Pat Conroy
Revolting Rhymes by Roald Dahl
Scary Stories 3: More Tales to Chill Your Bones by Alvin Schwartz
Scary Stories in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz
Separate Peace by John Knowles
Silas Marner by George Eliot
Slaughterhouse-Five by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
Tarzan of the Apes by Edgar Rice Burroughs
The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain
The b*****d by John Jakes
The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier
The Color Purple by Alice Walker
The Devil’s Alternative by Frederick Forsyth
The Figure in the Shadows by John Bellairs
The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck
The Great Gilly Hopkins by Katherine Paterson
The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood
The Headless Cupid by Zilpha Snyder
The Learning Tree by Gordon Parks
The Living Bible by William C. Bower
The Merchant of Venice by William Shakespeare
The New Teenage Body Book by Kathy McCoy and Charles Wibbelsman
The Pigman by Paul Zindel
The Seduction of Peter S. by Lawrence Sanders
The Shining by Stephen King
The Witches by Roald Dahl
The Witches of Worm by Zilpha Snyder
Then Again, Maybe I Won’t by Judy Blume
To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee
Twelfth Night by William Shakespeare
Webster’s Ninth New Collegiate Dictionary by the Merriam-Webster Editorial Staff
Witches, Pumpkin s, and Grinning Ghosts: The Story of the Halloween
Symbols by Edna Barth

This my friends is why I dislike Palin/McCain, one is pro-choice, the other is for restricting our First Amendment and most of these books have their readers think about issues with America... what kind of person bans our culture? If McCain dies, or a tie is placed in congress I do not want a control freak in office!!!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:58 pm
This has been proven false. Sarah Palin did not try to have these books banned. All those news outlets saying this is true are just trying to smear Palin. It's called the drive by media for a reason. They drive by, excited to smear Palin, not realizing they are spreading a lie.

Here's some proof:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/157986
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/08/mccain-palin-fires-back-over-book-ban-rumor/  

SilverOwl11260

Illuminated Specter

4,425 Points
  • The Plague of Kokeshi 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Task Accomplished 100

Kingthor2282

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:04 pm
The Media was Pro-Hilary if I remember correctly.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 12:20 pm
mystic_jade2003
This has been proven false. Sarah Palin did not try to have these books banned. All those news outlets saying this is true are just trying to smear Palin. It's called the drive by media for a reason. They drive by, excited to smear Palin, not realizing they are spreading a lie.

Here's some proof:

http://www.newsweek.com/id/157986
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2008/09/08/mccain-palin-fires-back-over-book-ban-rumor/

That clears a lot of it up x.X
I still don't like McCain though the reason being is just something about him, along with Palin, although Palin has great charisma!  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

[Ish-Kabibble]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:31 pm
Kingthor2282
The Media was Pro-Hilary if I remember correctly.

They were only until they decided Obama was the one they were going to root for.

Many Hillary supporters are voting for Palin because they feel Hillary was mistreated by the media.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:05 pm
I'm against Palin. I think she'd make a horrible vice president. She was a good choice as a campaign running mate simply because she was able to rally conservative support to McCain's side, but in office she'll be a disaster. As a Fascist, I oppose her whole mindset.

- P.S I apologize for not being so active lately, I'm back for now.  

Garrett31212

Moonlight_Maiden123

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:24 pm
I completely agree, Palin is a true American that is very good for this country. Not only were the Democrates scared of her, but the Media was terrified of her. Thats why they brought her pregnant daughter into it. How low! Not only did she know what she was talking about, but she connected with the people. The best part in the election was when she totally owned Biden in the vice president debates. I was laughing so hard!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:03 pm
Yeah, but observing Biden's performance as Vice President, that's like beating a one-legged sprinter.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Moonlight_Maiden123

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:11 am
true, but just to see Palin own him on national teleivison made me laugh anyway.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 5:56 pm
*sigh*
I just hate the ******** media.-_-  

Ringwiln

Pumona

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 1:42 am
Sara Palin would not only be great for our country, she is a very strong conservative. We need this back in our party. Sara had more experience than Obama and the only reason she did not have a chance is because of the liberal media. The media is still going after her family. As for McCain he was just the best between him and Obama.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:50 am
It's funny how people are so quickly dismissive of McCain and in love with Sarah Palin, yet they seem to overlook the fact that if it weren't for McCain, she would have just been some backwater governor.  

Lord Bitememan
Captain

Pumona

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:59 pm
Lord Bitememan
It's funny how people are so quickly dismissive of McCain and in love with Sarah Palin, yet they seem to overlook the fact that if it weren't for McCain, she would have just been some backwater governor.

Actually I'm proud of him for taking the chance with Sara and bringing her forward in her career. I have always been supportive of McCain on most issues but, like I was saying he is a little towards the left side on certain issues. I was wearing a McCain button everyday.  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff