Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's official Graphic Design Guild for all things profiles, logos, graphics and much much more! 

Tags: Graphic, Design, Digital art, Photoshop, Profiles 

Reply The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild
Altered Books and Art Journals

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you join in the discussion?
  Yes!
  No!
View Results

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:17 pm
I recently became interested in art journals and altered books. Since that doesn't REALLY relate to graphic design, I started a thread in the Crafts forum. If you're interested, please help me get a discussion started over there!! Thanks! biggrin

Here's the thread.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 6:47 pm
No interest? Sad!

There are also Artist Trading Cards, which are trading card sized works of art that you send to other people in exchange for theirs! What a neat idea! I'm going to be doing some digital cards. That might be a good contest idea.  

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

SilverVixen
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 7:06 pm
There's discussion going on at the thread in the art forum! Some people have actually heard of this! biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 3:30 am
I'll join in the discussion. I'm interested in looking at other peoples journals. I tried to decorate mine in collage but I decided I didn't like it because it looked really messy due to the fact I kept running out of material and had to substitute etc. And my writing would get progressively worse throughout the book sweatdrop  

Ayva Dee

Dee Doo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 11:31 am
I saw this topic in the Craft's Forum and it sounds pretty interesting. I might start with an alter0book/art journal!!!!!  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 8:30 pm
Eh...could I be filled in as to what this stuff is?  

Koiyuki

Mind-boggling Codger

1,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50

rogue_designer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 7:13 pm
Koiyuki
Eh...could I be filled in as to what this stuff is?

The first post in the linked thread has examples and desicriptions - but basically taking an old book, and altering it - using it as your canvas to draw/paint/write in.  
The Gaian Graphic Designers Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games