Reply Tattoos
Your tattoo's meaning Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mysheli

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:53 am
I'll be the first to admit that I got my first tattoo because it was pretty. Plain and simple. I got it for it's aesthetic value. It does go a little deeper than that, but it doesn't represent my mom or my life's struggle or a nickname. Flat out: I just like ducks.

And there's nothing wrong with that.

To a certain extent.

It gets to me when somebody says "OMG I want that Chinese symbol because it's like so cliche!" Okay, if you've got some type of Chinese ancestry that's cool. An example of being an idiot and getting something because it's the "in thing": Britney Spears got a tattoo that was supposed to be the Chinese representation for the word "mysterious." Too bad that it really meant "weird."

That kinda s**t. It's your body, decorate it as you please, but I think that everybody should have a tattoo that means something to them. Something important. At least one.

Which brings me to my point.

I will hopefully be getting inked again on Friday or Saturday. I haven't worked out every minute detail, but I know what it will be:

Che non me uccide me fa pie forte.

<>

For those of you too lazy to use freetranslation.com, that means "what doesn't kill me makes me stronger" in Italian.

I plan on getting it on the top of my back or my shoulder. I can't decide exact details so I need to go look around at a few places. If you have any suggestions, please do PM me or post them here!

Sure, the saying is a little over-done, but I think it really represents me and my life's struggles. How you ask?

Without going into details, I survived a lifetime of physical, emotional, and sexual abuse. I made it through. I'm alive, I'm kicking, and I'm doing a helluva lot better than my shitty parents and every other person who hurt me. It's really true. My childhood was horrible and unimaginable, but it didn't kill me. Now I'm one strong b***h because of it.

But now I'm sure you're pondering why it's in Italian. My ancestors were Italian. My great-grandparents are from Italy. In fact, my great-grandfather was best friends with Al Capone. Just a random fact for ya!

I always wanted to find a way to be proud of our Italian heritage but couldn't think of a good way of doing so besides getting my last name on my body, which is a bit too cliche. And one day, it just popped into my head at work.

I wanted something to represent my journey from being a weak, battered child to a strong, willful woman.

This is it.

Now if you've made it this far, I commend you. This is where you come in.

Share your tattoos and what they mean. Tell us if they have an obvious meaning that any random person could understand or a meaning that only you comprehend.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:26 am
I don't have any tattoos, but if i ever got one, it would be something that actualy means something to me, and not just some random image. Like my mom got one on her ankle, it's a sun, and it has no meaning behind it wich kind of bothers me because whats the point of permanently stamping something on your body if it bears no significance to you or your life. It's kind of dumb neutral

I think the only thing i can think of for mom's tat is that it was some kind of mid-life crisis or something sweatdrop  

[NUTs]

mazyist

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:41 pm
I don't have any tattoos ... but I was going to get a tattoo of a stitch on my thigh ... and it would represent all the scars I have and how proud I am of them.

Then I was going to get a heart (just a simple one) with a simple X running through it. And that would represent the love of my family ... and the pain as well.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 8:12 pm
for how spur-of-the-moment and irresponsibly done it was, mine actually has a rediculous amount of meaning (it's a cross between my family crest and my coat of arms, from my mom and dad's sign).

but most people i see with ink have the chinese symbol or dragon (having no lineage of asia apparent or present) or latin. everyone seems to dig latin phrases lately.

i've rather gotten over the cliche' of said ink and figured if the artist can make it unique enough, go for it.

but i tend to get obsessive when it comes to choosing what i want on my body.  

Muddud

5ki7713z

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:21 pm
Tats and meanings:
Dude (penguin) - He represents a time when I partied a lot. He's there for rememberance of the good times no matter how much I change.

NailBunny - If anyone here has read JTHM, he's the bunny. He represents Nny's conscience. Unlike most people, I connect with that lil comic, so in turn I connect with NailBunny.

Peace sign - I need that to remind me to be peaceful with the world

DSA logo - The band's music helped me through a lot.

Beagan (dragon) - She's like partially crouched down curled around her eggs. She is a young dragon, protecting what's important to her.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:37 am
5ki7713z
NailBunny - If anyone here has read JTHM, he's the bunny. He represents Nny's conscience. Unlike most people, I connect with that lil comic, so in turn I connect with NailBunny.

Peace sign - I need that to remind me to be peaceful with the world

long live nailbunny! that's pretty cool that you have him in ink.
i wanted frank (from DD) for the longest time, but realized how much less i connected with the movie as time went by. but i still like to think about it.

as for the peace sign, it's a dman good reminder to anyone who sees it.  

Muddud

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 2:53 pm
SantaBanger
My grampa died and the day i heard and he was still in the hospital and everything i went to the shop and got a cross on my leg with a scroll on it with his name.. he was someone i loved and will always remember him and sometimes i dont think about him till i see it and sit and remember the good times. so please dont say tattoos dont have meanings. Josh

uhg, thats not at all what we've been saying.

we were talkign about how some have meanings and some don't  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:45 pm
[NUTs]
SantaBanger
My grampa died and the day i heard and he was still in the hospital and everything i went to the shop and got a cross on my leg with a scroll on it with his name.. he was someone i loved and will always remember him and sometimes i dont think about him till i see it and sit and remember the good times. so please dont say tattoos dont have meanings. Josh

uhg, thats not at all what we've been saying.

we were talkign about how some have meanings and some don't
Thank you for clearing that up for me NUTS.

People have a tendency to always confuse what I'm saying...no matter where it is.

Especially in ED.  

mysheli

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:15 pm
iunno i thikn i read your post clearly. SKILLZ lol

ED scares me... ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:43 pm
[NUTs]

ED scares me... ninja
No need to be scared.

Unfortunately, there's alot of idiots there.

But we EDers aren't bad people...except for the extremely a**l people who think they are Mods or something.

I wanna smack them!  

mysheli

[NUTs]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:54 pm
mysheli
[NUTs]

ED scares me... ninja
No need to be scared.

Unfortunately, there's alot of idiots there.

But we EDers aren't bad people...except for the extremely a**l people who think they are Mods or something.

I wanna smack them!

it not so much scares me, just... deosn't really appeal to me because it's like i can't be so serious about topics or i'd get broed. I'm a GDer xp i like the GD cuz u can be both mature and immature there rofl

grawr enough straying off topic XD  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:36 pm
SantaBanger
sorry to say it this way but SCREW YOU GUYS!! MAYBE IF U POST THINGS THE RIGHT WAY PEOPLE WILL UNDERSTAND BETTER!!

i honestly have no idea what the crap your talking about. so far nobody else seems to of had a problem understanding the concept of this thread, so i'm lead to believe maybe your not too good at reading stare  

[NUTs]

Tattoos

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces