Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)
Astral projection/OBEs Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does lucid dreaming also belong in this thread?
  yes
  no
View Results

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:48 am
Share experiences or ask for help here. Eventually I'll put up some techniques I've heard of. Also, because they can be relevent, feel free to discuss brain entrainment, like the brainwave gerator.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:49 am
*Please note that I can not remember a time I left my body so I cannot go into much detail yet. I'm realy close, and have even been so far as a part projection and starting to roll out.
Technique 1:
Lay or sit down in a comfortable position. Close your eyes and don't move for a while. Try and remain consious while your body falls asleep. After a while you'll fall into the "vibrations" and eventually, if you're lucky, you'll leave your body. As you leave, it kinda feels like a whoosh sometimes. Sometimes it just feels as though you're rolling over in bed.

Technique 2:
This is from the lucid dream state, and pretty straightforeward. Basically you make yourslef travel to the Astral Plane when dreaming. It is a very easy way to get OB, but only if you can lucid dream well.  

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:49 am
What Astral projection is:
Astral projection is your soul temporarily leaving your body to go to the Astral Plane. It generally starts off as an OBE and the projector has to "teleport" in a sense to the Astral. It can be used for many things, from gaining knowledge to meeting friends.

Astral projection is sometimes called ap.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What an OBE (Out of body Experience) is:
It is similar to ap, but your soul stays on Earth. (also called the real time zone, or rtz)

OBE is sometimes typed as OOBE, because they add in the "of" part of "Out of Body Experience"
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ways a person can OBE/ap

1. Purposefully at a point of relaxation-This is very hard to do, because you literaly have to have your body asleep but your mind awake. It can take many years to even achieve one of these, but once you get it, it gets progressively easier.

2.When mind and body are asleep-Ever since you were little, you have been OBEing. You sometimes OBE when you're asleep and don't know it. It is hard to achieve and remember an OBE in this state, because if you remember it at all, it might just seem like an especially vivid dream.

3.In a lucid dream-This is how most people purposefully OBE. Lucid dreaming is when you are dreaming and know it. For some people, this comes naturally, for others it rarely happens. This is a very common method that is somewhat across between point of relaxation and Mind and body asleep methods.

4. Spontaneous (tripping out)-some people are lucky and accidentally "trip" out of their bodies during their ordinary lives. Your body will continue whatever its doing, it usually doesn't just fall over or anything. This is the rarest type, and tends to be the most overlooked, since it is so much like Spontaneous on purpose.

5.Spontaneous(on purpose)- There are only a few people who can do this, and most have been able to do it all their lives. They cannot usually even try to explain, because it would be like explaining how to breathe.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:50 am
Quote:
Special OBE journal.
Comment here or in pms.here it is

put in quotes for link. Entry six might have been an obe, I don't know  

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:54 am
Techniques that are starting to work for me:
-Brain entrainment (I can get a partial OBE with this, like yesterday was the first time my legs left my body. It felt like they went through my blanket and got pulled back in.) I have the most luck getting my head out, but it only stays out for a fraction of a second.
Another experience with brain entrainment. Last night, I made a preset and listnened to it right before bed. About 5 times within the next hour the whole area around my heart chakra "jumped" out, but only stayed out for a small moment, as always.

-Trying to obe when I first wake up.(I felt myself "rolling" out but got excited so it stopped. It was like 3am.)

More to come soon  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:57 am
The chat is open!  

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 8:23 am
Great topic, Eieiovt! I've been astral travelling before but didn't realize it until I slammed back into my bed. I think I was in another body somewhere white-water rafting and was about to get killed when I came back to MY body. Weird. A lady I work with who doesn't believe in Time says that she believes that when we astral travel into another body, what we're experiencing is actually another US that is alive and well in the world and our soul is drawn to it. What do you think?  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:36 pm
EladrinStarmist
Great topic, Eieiovt! I've been astral travelling before but didn't realize it until I slammed back into my bed. I think I was in another body somewhere white-water rafting and was about to get killed when I came back to MY body. Weird. A lady I work with who doesn't believe in Time says that she believes that when we astral travel into another body, what we're experiencing is actually another US that is alive and well in the world and our soul is drawn to it. What do you think?

I've heard those kind of theorys before. They are very interesting. Like that astral projection has to do with parrallels....  

Dust.And.Echoes.

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:31 pm
Dust.And.Echoes.
EladrinStarmist

I've heard those kind of theorys before. They are very interesting. Like that astral projection has to do with parrallels....

Interesting concept, it's possible I suppose. I don't particularly believe in linear(sp?) time either. I'll try and find out more about it and respond better.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:20 pm
I was listening to CoasttoCoastAm one night, and one of the callers said that when she left her body she was attacked by some sort of entity. So I was just wondering if Astral Projection is dangerous. Sorry, but I'm kind of a Noob when it comes to this topic. redface Thanks for making the topic, BTW. smile  

Dark Seeker

LadyEladrin

Friendly Werewolf

7,600 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:19 pm
Hrm, I'm not sure about that either. I've heard from a girl I work with that regularly Astral Travels that when she goes, her spirit guide is always by her side and wont let anything happen to her. If you're there and realize it, call your guides and angels to you and they'll protect you and help educate you as to what's going on. It can be really confusing.

I'm not a big fan of linear time either. I see time more like a tree's branches. Where you are is where all the branches start on a tree. The trunk is the past, all of the different branches are your future path possibilities. The future isn't set in stone, its' based on the choices you'll make down the road.

I think I had another OBE two nights ago. I went to sleep, dreamed, (I think) and then JOLTED awake. I think I was about to die and woke up. It was the night I had every single one of my bad dreams all at once. I usually am just about to die in a very realistic way and setting and then POOF! i'm back in bed, awake. XP

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:14 pm
Dark Seeker
I was listening to CoasttoCoastAm one night, and one of the callers said that when she left her body she was attacked by some sort of entity. So I was just wondering if Astral Projection is dangerous. Sorry, but I'm kind of a Noob when it comes to this topic. redface Thanks for making the topic, BTW. smile

I've heard of many people with similar concerns. From what I've heard, as long as you're positive enough, there's no need to worry. I've heard that being positive can actually help you by attracting positive entities. And they can't kill you or anything, because of the silver cord. All in all, it's pretty safe.  

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

Dark Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 1:20 pm
eieiovt682
Dark Seeker

I've heard of many people with similar concerns. From what I've heard, as long as you're positive enough, there's no need to worry. I've heard that being positive can actually help you by attracting positive entities. And they can't kill you or anything, because of the silver cord. All in all, it's pretty safe.

So there's no chance an entity could just come along and possess your body while you are having an OBE?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:34 pm
Dark Seeker
eieiovt682
Dark Seeker

So there's no chance an entity could just come along and possess your body while you are having an OBE?

Unless you openly invite them, they cannot do anything of the sort. From everything I've heard (I've done somewhere around half a year of research) you are perfectly safe, don't worry^-^  

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

Dark Seeker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:09 pm
eieiovt682
Dark Seeker
eieiovt682
Dark Seeker

Unless you openly invite them, they cannot do anything of the sort. From everything I've heard (I've done somewhere around half a year of research) you are perfectly safe, don't worry^-^

Great. Thanks for all your help. smile  
The Round Table (Discussion and Debates)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games