Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:00 pm
A small village outside Caemlyn, it isn't much to look at. Farms scatter the area, some abandoned by their owners for various reasons.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 11:01 pm
Ranuu
"Anyone who arrives after dawn in our chosen city will die by my blade." This separate message would get around soon enough but, for now, Djevik disappeared into the shadows, making his way quickly and silently to the abandoned farm outside of Baerlorn.

(Are we starting a new thread? I'll post here for now, and we can just copy if necessary.)

Sielle had enjoyed the ride, pleasently surprised to find no obstacles in her way. Relaxing enough to channel into the suspicious item, she frowned when it glowed and abuptly ended her weave.

"No point in blowing myself to hell before everything's done," she sighed, and Anditdan snorted fitfully. Looking around, she realized time had passed sooner than she had wished and the dilapidated barn loomed before her vision like a corpse.

Shivering, Sielle pulled her cloak around herself and continued past it, averting her gaze and searching for the house all at once. It soon came into sight further down the road, in better condition than its counterpart. Sensing her companions' fitfullness, she knew Djevik was already there, and cringed. His moods were hard for her to anticipate, and she didn't know if he had wanted her to arrive before them or not.

Sliding off her mount, she fastened his reins firmly to a post and headed up the steps to the door, Ryok settling on her shoulder for comfort. Stroking him briefly, she opened the door and was relieved to find it was lacking fresh corpses.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

CR Kyrie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:12 pm
Myrddraal never slept. Though this was quite the legend among the humans of every continent, it was actually true. The truth was, a Myrddraal was a being from a different plane of existence. While there were many fun facts that were connected to that, two were the lack of movement in the cape, and the lack of a need to sleep.

Sitting on top of a building at the edge of town, Djevik watched Sielle enter the township and go into one of the buildings. He wasn’t surprised that she was the first human back; her horse saw to that fact. She was not, however, the first back. After seeing the state of the small farm town, he had sent a Myrddraal back to drive a fist of Trollocs up. Since they arrived, he had set them all to clearing the corpses out of the homes in the village. This would be a good base, until they were caught.

Yes, he would wait until the exact moment of dawn, and he would be true to his word. To rule by fear was to be a good ruler.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 3:16 pm
Sielle inspected the ground floor of the home herself, while Ryok flew upstairs to ensure there were no traps waiting for her. She may be second-in-command, but that didn't stop her from making sure Djevik wasn't going to rid himself of her.

Besides, power attracted enemies. It was a known fact. "Just like old homes attract mold," she added to herself, wrinkling her nose at the smell. It was welcome after the scent of death that had haunted her from the city, however, and she forced herself to take a deep breath. Releasing it after a second, she shook her head.

"I suppose, since I'm the only one here, I may as well try this out again," she muttered, having seen from Ryok the Trollocs wandering around outside. She wove a shield to guard from any attacks while she was concentrating, and focused on the staff. Extending it, she narrowed her eyes in concentration. She had tried weaving Fire into it while riding, and wasn't keen on trying that again.

"What can its purpose be? A staff is the symbol of magic, so maybe it's supposed to boost a weave?" she wondered, not wanting to blow the house to bits. She knew the Myrddraal wouldn't be pleased about that. Sighing, she rubbed her temple and formed a small weave of Spirit around the staff.

No reaction.

"Damn," she growled. "Could it be made for the male strengths?" she wondered, the idea striking her suddenly. Smiling, she decided to try Fire again, and the staff indeed began to glow. A burst of flame appeared in the center of the top, before it glowed. A stream of flame escaped, and Sielle quickly broke the weave and channeled Water to douse the smoking chair. "Oops," she managed, before laughing. She had discovered one purpose of it, at least - Light knew what else it may be capable of.

Debating on whether to stay inside or not, she looked up as a Trolloc suddenly ambled up the hill towards the house, eyeing Antidan. Narrowing her eyes, she watched as the ugly thing headed toward her mount and gasped when she realized it was actually going to try to eat him.

"Bloody hell," she hissed, and smiled as the Trolloc dropped into several pieces of meat on the ground, her blades of Air doing their job perfectly. She imagined Djevik wanted her inside, but she'd be damned if a Trolloc at her horse. Muttering to herself, she stalked outside and positioned herself on the steps, her cloak making her an obvious but uncaring target.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

CR Kyrie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 5:43 pm
Djevik watched with detached amusement as the hungry Trolloc fell in pieces to the ground. Should have known better, stupid creature, than to eat a horse belonging to a user of the One Power. In fact, Antidan was one of the few horses that didn’t cause a blood-lust in the Myrddraal. Maybe it was because the horse wasn’t innocent.

The other Trollocs would soon find the pieces of their deceased brother, and consume them. It was a terribly disturbing process, but Djevik would make sure to watch the act. After all, he was entertained by such things.

So Sielle was playing with fire… the Myrddraal had seen the flare in the window before the witch had come out. He could also sense the Power, in a way. It was more of a “something’s going on around me” sense than an actual radar, but it was useful. Getting that feeling, then seeing a flash of flame through one of the windows in a home nearby was usually enough to come to a conclusion that Fire was being weaved inside.

As Sielle walked, Djevik stepped through the shadows to come out in front of her. “Nice to see that you did not forget your way, Sielle,” he said to her, falling into step beside her. “Do you know the purpose of the ter’angrael?”  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:56 pm
Sielle did her best to remain calm as Djevik appeared, and was pleased that she only started a little bit. She would never become accustomed to the way he made his presence known, but it was better than gasping like some twit.

"I could not forget my way here, if I want to retain my position," she replied with a small, cold smile. Pondering on how she was going to answer the Myddraal's question without making herself sound useless, she remained silent for a moment.

I'm not sure," she admitted wryly, inclining her head as a respectful greeting. "I think it may actually be made for men - it didn't respond to Spirit at all. But when I wove Fire...it seemed to absorb it, then release it in a much more powerful form." Pausing, she chose her words carefully. "Not for saidin, though. I can't be sure, since I can't weave that half, but I've never heard of a ter'angrael being made for saidin. The more time I have with this, the more I can understand it. I don't want to blow the house to bits," she added.

She glanced at the Myrddraal, and wondered what his fascination with her was. She knew it was that - Djevik didn't keep anything alive that didn't fascinate him in some way - but wish she knew what the core curiousity of her was. All she had was guesses - and that was a poor way to prolong one's existance.

(And for a note, she's not Aes Sedai. biggrin )  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:24 pm
((It's decided. After I kill this guy off, I'm gonna roll someone who's more likeable. Er... Can I do that, actually?))
Dorian spotted the message while wandering the village, toying with his new weave. He managed to form one that dominated the user, but was absolutely useless for anything other than the simplest of tasks. He sighed, realizing he had quite the walk ahead of him.

Later, he found his way into the new hideout, a darkfriend trailing behind him carrying his mail and lute. Giving his new weave a rest, he had simply bullied the man into doing as he wished. Spotting Sielle's horse near the barn, he strolled over to the her and Djevik, seeing them in conversation. Not wanting to interrupt, he simply dipped a short, collective bow to the both of them and said nothing.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:43 pm
(Ranuu said he'll kill Dorian off if you make him arrive after dawn, since that's when everyone's supposed to be there.)  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

CR Kyrie

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 8:08 pm
((Though, if you wanted, I could have Djevik randomly kill you anyway razz just say it if you wish, because I’ll edit it into the post, haha.

And here you go, pumpkin =D that nickname‘s totally gonna stick.))

Though Sielle had no way of knowing for sure, she had pegged not only Djevik, but every Myrddraal. Curiosity was central to all Shadowspawn. Trollocs would often play with a human corpse before devouring it, as would the Darkhounds. Then again, the Darkhounds couldn’t play very much, considering that they often melted their corpses.

Despite all of these interesting Shadowspawn and their ways with curiosity, Myrddraal were the worst. Whether or not they actually liked their followers, they would keep learn the darkest, deepest fears of every one of the followers so that they could later employ them in their deaths. He already had everyone else pegged… the only one left was Sielle. That was his constant curiosity in her. He would play with her until he found something that truly scared her.

“If this truly can be used as a weapon to enhance the Power,” he said to her, approaching her in a manner of intimidation, “you are removed from your position as an officer until you have truly learned how to properly harness its capabilities. You and your unit are assigned to Dorian until you learn what you’re holding, and what it can truly do.”

The false pre-dawn was upon them. Soon, dawn would be breaking. Djevik thought for a moment, then turned again to Sielle. “You will show me its capabilities by killing the first person to arrive at dawn. With the weapon. You have approximately 25 minutes. Good luck.”

And then he was gone.

((Interesting way to kill Dorian, perhaps? ))  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 7:01 am
(I hate you.)

"D-Dorian?" she stammered, unable to contain her disgust. Her jaw dropped, but she realized she was alone before she could utter any further protest. "That...that...animal?" she groaned, and glared at the staff.
"This is all your fault," she growled, now determined to figure the damn thing out before it was decided she was incompetant.

"Light be bloody blasted if I ever bow down to that creature," she hissed to herself, and jumped when the staff in her hand suddenly glowed. A stream of fire flew from it, incinerating a nearby tree. "Did...that...just..." Sielle managed, and then grinned a bit wickedly.

"Does this retain a copy of the weave inside it?" she thought in excitement. Who cared if she discovered it by mistake, as long as she discovered it? "And is it reacting to my emotions through a weave? Interesting...it should be no problem ridding myself of Dorian, if that is the case."

Sielle laughed to herself in delight, fingering the staff as if it was now a beloved child's toy. Ryok hopped on her shoulder, and she stroked his feathers absently. She created a weave of Earth into the staff, hiding her emotions.

Nothing.

"All right," she mumbled to herself. This time, she let her emotions flow into the staff through the weave - sure enough, it glowed just as it had with Fire. The earth shook, and she stumbled for a moment before rocks pulled themselves out of the ground and flew towards the nearest target, which happened to be another Trolloc guard.

"Lovely," Sielle said with a smile.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:53 pm
"I'm right here. I thought you were a smart one, eh?" Dorian sighed, not bothering to unfold his arms or step away from the doorway he was leaning on.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:56 pm
"And I thought you were the ambitious one," Sielle replied smoothly. Realizing she couldn't kill him for being late, her mind instantly latched onto another plan.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:00 pm
"And that's supposed to mean?" He asked, trailing off with an eyebrow quirked. He sighed to himself again. He had the feeling he would never get a moment's peace with Sielle under him.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:07 pm
"Why, a golden opportunity presents itself. Oh, you don't know about it?" she asked innocently, strolling over closer to him.
"A Yellow Aes Sedai that's been causing quite a bit of trouble is across the country, completely undefended except for a measly Warder," the woman continued smoothly. "It would be the perfect way to gain more favor with Djevik."  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Heavy-Metal-Hippie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:11 pm
Dorian snorted. "You know I don't care anything for his favor, or anyone else's." He pondered the idea nevertheless. "I do love to kill, though..." He trialed off thoughtfully. "Do you know where she is, then?" He asked suddenly.  
-RP- Andor

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff