Reply Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild
Meine Liebe Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sabarian

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:29 pm
I noticed that there wasn't any topic about this manga. I know the character designs were done by Kaori Yuki but I am not sure about the story. So far I've read the first two chapters and watched 12 of the 13 anime.

Has anyone else seen or heard of it? (I've also heard there was a game too.)  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:01 pm
I dont remember where the thread is that we kinda chatted about this.
Meine Liebe was originally a dating simulator for the game boy advance (released...I wanna say 2000-2001 by Konami...).
Character designs were indeed done by Kaori Yuki.
The story is kinda secondary in the original game since it was about getting to know the pretty boys, but the game was so popular among female fans that a manga was created (written/drawn by Rei Izawa).
And later, an anime from the manga storyline.

I havent really been following the manga or the anime, so you probably know better than I do.
But this is what I do know. The main female lead is looking for a childhood friend of hers that she has lost track of.
Orpheus and Ludwig are rivals of sorts. Camus is the all purpose uke/rose bride empath. Naoji is on Ludwig's side. Red haired guy whose name I dont remember is friends with Orpheus and has a DeepDarkPast.
Orpheus is the token angsty lonewolf bishie voiced by all purpose bishie seiyuu, Sakurai Takahiro.
Main female lead gets embroiled in their business.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Amerei

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:49 am
I've played the game in gameboy advance & can't really tell what's going on bec. it's in japanese ^^;;

Anyway, I'm reading the first 3 chapters of the manga & watching the anime too.

I think there's a PS 2 game too.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 7:19 pm
It sounds like a really interesting anime though. Anyone know where I can find some episodes of it?  

Moonlit Masquerade

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:15 am
Moonlit Masquerade
It sounds like a really interesting anime though. Anyone know where I can find some episodes of it?

Animesuki.com. Then search for Meine Liebe under series (theyre alphabetical) and it should lead you to what groups are subbing it :3  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 6:34 pm
Woot! Yet another series to get hooked on...  

MizerableAngel

Moonlit Masquerade

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:24 am
Sai-kun
Moonlit Masquerade

Animesuki.com. Then search for Meine Liebe under series (theyre alphabetical) and it should lead you to what groups are subbing it :3

Thanks very much Sai-kun!  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 12:26 pm
I haven't read Meine Liebe yet, but I've seen up to episode 11 of the second season, Meine Liebe Weider. It's really awesome!!! xd Orphe is my favourite character.  

Hane no Kori

4,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Full closet 200

Sonoshi
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 1:37 am
I've just read a little bit in the manga... I didn't think it was Yuki who'd made it, the style is so different.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 10:16 am
I've seen every single anime episode 1-13 because of fan sub I must say, the characters are pretty, but the story is sort of loosely based off of Machiavelli's The Prince except really watered down and never really answers the question of "what are the qualities of a good ruler?"

In my opinion, there is not enough research and planning to back up this anime. But I think its pretty?!  

ashleyohtori

uriel-chan

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:02 am
Have heardn of it XD  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 5:06 pm
::Crawls into thread:: argh. Hi guys. I'm playing a little catch up.
3 tankoubon of the Japanese manga are out.
I have to catch up on the story, ne.

And no, as a reply to previous queries, its not written by Kaori Yuki. It's written and drawn by Izawa Rei.
Its based off of a GBA game that Kaori Yuki did character designs for.
There is also a PS2 game now as well based on the same series.  

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0

Hane no Kori

4,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:45 am
Well, I just watched the last episode of the second season on Saturday. It was sooooooo cool. Orphe was being pretty at the end. heart  
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:09 am
I don't really know what to make of this series.

I love the character designs but the story seems. . lacking? There's not much emotional drive to it. The animation, too, seems to be static with not a lot of facial expressions.

I've only seen six episodes, and the first three or four managed to capture my attention. After that, though, I lost interest. Does the story pick up later on. . ? Because from what I saw, it seemed to be wandering aimlessly after those first few.  

Cain_Hargreaves

Sai-kun
Captain

Dapper Fairy

9,300 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 7:25 pm
Cain_Hargreaves
I don't really know what to make of this series.

I love the character designs but the story seems. . lacking? There's not much emotional drive to it. The animation, too, seems to be static with not a lot of facial expressions.

I've only seen six episodes, and the first three or four managed to capture my attention. After that, though, I lost interest. Does the story pick up later on. . ? Because from what I saw, it seemed to be wandering aimlessly after those first few.

The story IS lacking.
Frankly, its just another one of those bishonen for bishonen's sake anime. Kinda like Saint Beast which was the most pointless display of men in crop tops ever.
Its kinda like that, only put them in vaguely fin de siecle outfits and you have Meine Liebe.
They're just there to be pretty, I mean come on the guys are really rather cliched (they come from a dating sim, what do you expect).
There's your emotionally stunted, angsty, stoic prince character - Orphe
There's your dark, enigmatic hair-to-the-a** foil/pseudo antagonist - Ludwig
There's your spunky, fiery-haired, playful character - Edward
Your all purpose uke, helps if hes empathic - Camus
Random exotic Japanese element! - Naoji
And the vagabond older man - Issac

It's really all formulaic and there was never a story to begin with :3

May I add that this is one of those anime/manga with the IMPOSSIBLE names that are supposed to sound foreign but are really just a nightmarish mash of katakana seemingly pulled out of a hat?
Camus Pfalzgraf von Silvaner Luneburg?
Eduard Markgraf von Sekt Braunschweig?!
Orpherus Furst Von Marmelade Nahe Gorz?!!! Maramelade?!

Cookie for anyone who can properly convert any of those names into Katakana.

Ah...so negative...I dont mind Meine Liebe actually, I just really enjoying busting its chops XD  
Gothic Fairyland - the official Kaori Yuki guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff