Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Am I thinking too much about it? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

otawara

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:01 pm
I recently re-played Pikmin and Pikmin 2 in anticipation of the third installment of the series.

Then I started thinking and realized that Pikmin was one of the most horrible games ever.

Not game wise, but as in perspective wise.
Read:

Pikmin is a very dark game for the following two reasons....

1~It shows us just how mortal we are. With Pikmin dying here and there its terrible and much like real life. This is a crude reality check. sure you can make more pikmin, but they'll die eventually.

2~Friends are only for the benefits. In the first game, Olimar only befriended the Pikmin for survival. He left them behind, tossing them aside like scrap. He literally stepped all over them. The second time in the planet of the pikmin, olimar only came back to save his job and eventually his friend.

Am I the only one who think so?
Am I going crazy?
Help?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:15 pm
Your right, Olimar is quite evil.

The world of pokmon though is even worse. pokemon are just slaves to everybody in the entire world. Trainers catch pokemon and relese them only to battle. others use them to help with things like moving furniture and stuff. They never die in battle or anything though.... But still. thats all they are allowed to do. That's just plain evil.

And to think these games are Rated "E."  

Mukuchina Kurasu

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:15 pm
You're crazy, but you're not wrong.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:06 pm
But without Olimar, the pikmin do not know to go fight. Without him, they would simply let the bulborbs devour them, and they would not create any more pikmn. Without Olimar, would the first pikmin have even come out of the ground? Perhaps he is the only thing that brought the race to fruition. Perhaps he is their God.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Sazuka57

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 2:32 pm
There's a form of mutual friendship between Olimar and pikmin.
He picks them out, and he becomes like the mother hen. If the Pikmin survive long enough, then Olimar leaves them, and they learn to live on their own.
Such is the cycle of life.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 3:28 pm
The thing is that the Pikmin have no life without Olimar, he is the one gives them life by having them bring pills to the ship and making more seeds. It think that Olimar has the right to destroy what he creates.  

Garth-Leftwing

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:09 pm
Meta_Fish
But without Olimar, the pikmin do not know to go fight. Without him, they would simply let the bulborbs devour them, and they would not create any more pikmn. Without Olimar, would the first pikmin have even come out of the ground? Perhaps he is the only thing that brought the race to fruition. Perhaps he is their God.

Holy s**t.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:32 pm
Teh AK
Meta_Fish

Holy s**t.

Garth-Leftwing
The thing is that the Pikmin have no life without Olimar, he is the one gives them life by having them bring pills to the ship and making more seeds. It think that Olimar has the right to destroy what he creates.

The Olimar giveth, and the Olimar taketh away. gonk  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:06 pm
Olimar is like their God, but like the "God" everyone follows. They all follow him and worship him, even through death. But eventually their "God" leaves, and they do still continue hoping for him, keep waiting for their "Savior" to come again and lead them.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:24 pm
l-Kathulu-l
Olimar is like their God, but like the "God" everyone follows. They all follow him and worship him, even through death. But eventually their "God" leaves, and they do still continue hoping for him, keep waiting for their "Savior" to come again and lead them.
And he will return, but only when Miyamoto says so.  

Owwin

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:32 pm
l-Kathulu-l

Holy ********. Pikmin = Catholicism eek  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:37 pm
HURRHURRHURR RELIGION JOKES THATS FUNNY  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

nerdyninja

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:41 pm
Wow, I was just playing pikmin 2. I was always thinking about how there were obvious flaws in logic to the story, though the least amount in any Nintendo game. This does make sense though. Its horrible.

On a side note, your just thinking, not over thinking.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:43 pm
O.O HOLY CRAP! You're right!! No, you're not thinking about it too much, it's probably just that we dont think ENOUGH about it. I guess some video games try to tell people what REALLY goes on in life. 3nodding  

churroman13

nerdyninja

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 5:45 pm
Teh AK
HURRHURRHURR RELIGION JOKES THATS FUNNY

They are 3nodding  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers