Tim Burton Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Collote
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:45 pm
Yes, his films can be pretty dark, but I personally like them.

Favorites... Edward Scissorhands, Sweeney Todd, Nightmare Before Christmas, Corpse Bride (good piano stuff), and Big Fish (some what).

Oh, and Mars Attack!was pretty hilarious. xD

Anyways, he's going to direct Alice in Wonderland in 3D! I'm so excited! (:

Thoughts?  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:15 pm
Tim Burton is sweet! I love the majority of his stuff (at least what I've seen). I definitely liked Edward Scissorhands and Sweeney Todd, and I agree with you about Corpse Bride, although I didn't like the actual movie that much. I remember really liking Big Fish when I saw it, but it was a LONG time ago (like when it first came out). Alice in Wonderland would be interesting... He'd take a dark twist on it; that'd be great!  

penandpaper67
Captain

Collote
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:17 am
penandpaper67
Tim Burton is sweet! I love the majority of his stuff (at least what I've seen). I definitely liked Edward Scissorhands and Sweeney Todd, and I agree with you about Corpse Bride, although I didn't like the actual movie that much. I remember really liking Big Fish when I saw it, but it was a LONG time ago (like when it first came out). Alice in Wonderland would be interesting... He'd take a dark twist on it; that'd be great!

Johnny Depp's going to play the Mad Hatter and Helena Bonham Carter (Mrs. Lovett) is going to be the Red Queen...Alan Rickman's going to be the caterpillar.

Haha, it's going to be great!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1014759/  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:24 am
Collote
penandpaper67

Johnny Depp's going to play the Mad Hatter and Helena Bonham Carter (Mrs. Lovett) is going to be the Red Queen...Alan Rickman's going to be the caterpillar.

Haha, it's going to be great!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1014759/

OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!! That would be amazing!!!!!! Tim Burton really has a thing for them though, especially Johnny Depp and Helena Bonham Carter. Now Alan Rickman too...  

penandpaper67
Captain

ScaryMissKari

Space Spook

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:15 pm
I nearly cried tears of happiness when I found out he was doing an Alice movie. When I found out who was playing who, I had to pinch myself a few times to make sure I wasn't dreaming. sweatdrop heart  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:11 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
oh. em. gee.
SRSLY??!!

Mkay, sorry I went all text-talk on you. But that's going to be the BEST MOVIE EVAH!!
He's also doing the new movie coming out, Coroline.
Is that based off the book? Because I think I read the book, which is also titled (or should I say named?) Coroline,
and I didn't recognize the storyline...

I just realized I've only ever seen one other of his movies - the Corpse Bride.
I loved it, personally. But I've never seen all of
The Nightmare Before Christmas, and I've only ever heard
of the others! Ah, I feel so sad now!
*cries... tear tear, cry cry, sob sob!*

liminal-realities

7,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

ScaryMissKari

Space Spook

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:39 am
Pr0ud_2B_a_B00KWORM

He's also doing the new movie coming out, Coroline.
Is that based off the book? Because I think I read the book, which is also titled (or should I say named?) Coroline,
and I didn't recognize the storyline...

The movie is based off the book Coraline by Neil Gaiman. Personally, I loved it, but Neil Gaiman's books are definately an aquired taste.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 5:03 pm
Thanks, RagdollBunny.
I haven't read the book in years anyway, I'll have to read it
again before the movie comes out!

liminal-realities

7,950 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Earthest

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2008 9:40 am
I'm so excited!! YAY!!  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 5:39 pm
Post 1/38

Okay, does anyone else here think that Tim Burton had a major failure in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? I thought it was horrible! All of his other movies are b*tchin', though. He's been working with Johnny Depp for years and decades, same with Danny Elfman (the composer he uses).

I remember the ballet version of Edward Scissorhands. It was a strange production, since there was no speech at all. I love everything Tim Burton though, so it works!  

Colonel T-Bone

Charitable Lunatic

10,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Generous 100

PaintOnSilence

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:03 pm
OHMYGOTH!!!
i just overloaded on joy.
Burton doing Wonderland mrgreen mrgreen mrgreen  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 2:17 pm
Colnol
Okay, does anyone else here think that Tim Burton had a major failure in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory? I thought it was horrible! All of his other movies are b*tchin', though. He's been working with Johnny Depp for years and decades, same with Danny Elfman (the composer he uses).

*raises hand* yes, I feel it was an epic fail. The original was way better!!!

Too Weird For You

Ruthless Prophet

UVERworld_fan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 8:08 pm
He makes great movies. the best ones are The Nightmare before Christmas and the Corpse Bride. Alothough not the movie as much as the plot for Corpse Bride  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:15 pm
Colnol
Post 1/38

I remember the ballet version of Edward Scissorhands. It was a strange production, since there was no speech at all. I love everything Tim Burton though, so it works!

I agree.  

The Mystifying M

irock708

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:19 am
Burton is probably one of those names in film where if you say it at a party, EVERYONE will turn their heads and say "YES."

Yeah, he's pretty awesome.

Nightmare Before Christmas is an awesome movie. CATCF was kind of weird. My favorite from him is probably Sweeney Todd. I was in the middle of watching Sleepy Hollow the other night. Didn't get to finish it, though, doh.  
Movies

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff