Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
ANNOUNCEMENT - please read Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

It's bad folks
  really bad
View Results

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:03 am
Purples webcomic got a new ad slot on it from a company named "spot",
DO NOT CLICK IT!!!!!
She clicked to see what was on her own site, and it gave her a virus.
She will be taking it down soon but first we have to fix her computer.
Because right now the registry in infected.

We might have to reinstall.
again

Also she might have to use my computer to get on gaia today.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:40 pm
Yes, I'm on dude's computer right now. I'm so mad at those stupid advertising people. mad I'm gonna tell them exactly why I'm canceling my account. Never deal with Spottt. stressed  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 5:46 am
.....That seriously sucks. @_@;;;;
You have to really be careful with clicking stuff. sweatdrop I never click anything that I don't know for sure what it is anymore. >_<; I know way too many people here on Gaia who've clicked those botting/keylogger pages and gotten hacked so...yeah...that's caused me to be extra careful. :/

But.....I really hope you can get your computer fixed...and your webcomic up on a new server.

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:00 am
those gaytards!!!!  

Pirate Captain Specc

5,550 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 10:54 am
Well I finally fixed her computer, but I had to reinstall everything and it took all day.

One note on reinstallation...
I HATE FORMATTING - it takes forever.
And our XPhome edition doesn't format completely.
If we format with it and then try a fresh install it lists TWO OS's.
I have to format it with my XPpro disk first and then format and install with the other one. It's such a pain.

That and both cd drives or broken and won't work at all.
I had to plug in my cd-rom just to do any of this.

AND DO NOT TRUST "SYSTEM RESTORE" EVER !!!!!
It will totally just erase everything anyway.
Microsoft SUXS!!! (at least in that area anyway)

perhaps getting a MAC to serf the web and just keeping everything on this computer would be better. I wish I had the money to get a mac though.
I've always wanted to have a giant room full of computers. mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:17 pm
The server wasn't the problem. It was an advertising program that I signed up for. sweatdrop I know it was stupid to click on it, but I like to know what sort of ads are on my page. Usually I can just look at them, but this particular ad was just a picture, so I couldn't tell. So I clicked. sad Never again.

FYI, I have deleted that particular ad from my site, so it's all safe again. whee

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:40 pm
Now I got hit.
And I was just surfing deviantart.

I had to reload my OS, and it took 7 hrs to get it back the way I like it.

I guess viruses are becoming more violent.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:56 pm
I've never had a problem with System Restore.
I normally do it once a year, just because I can. And have been for about....6 years? Never had any problems with it at all, even on Vista. You guys must just have some really bad luck or some shitty virus protection. O_o; I've not gotten a virus in about two years. And even then, I've only had two since in the past 6 years. O_O;

User Image

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 10:32 am
Lucky you, but perhaps that just means that you don't do alot of surffing online.

Oops!
sorry I was talking about the "System Repair" funtion of the install disk, not "system restore". MY BAD!

All it did was erase all our files and user accounts so we had to start all over again anyway. It's like a re-installation that doesn't involve formatting.
(So naturally I don't trust it) LOL  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:35 pm
Well, we hadn't had any viruses in years, either. It was just the last couple of weeks. xp We seem to be fine now, tho.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:12 am
Ahhhh, I see. blaugh That is different! xP

Well, I don't really care too much for "surfing" and I very-very-very rarely download anything. I have about 10 websites bookmarked and that's about all I access.

User Image

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 4:25 pm
Yeah, surfing is a mixed bag. You can get cool stuff, but you risk getting viruses too.

I'd rather live it up, and do as much surfing as I want.

(I have 134GB of random stuff - and that doesn't include some stuff I have on disk)
mrgreen  

xwhateverxdudex

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:54 pm
Ah, I see. 3nodding
I guess I just really don't see a point in it. There isn't anything I really want that I can achieve by surfing the net. sweatdrop

I'm one of those people who don't agree with downloading things without paying for them. *shrugs*

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:01 am
Don't mind him. He has a secret desire to collect everything on the entire Internet. I think it increases his mental security, like that packrat guy who collected all the junk in his apartment until you couldn't get from room to room except through junk tunnels. I think it gives him a feeling of usefulness cuz otherwise he wouldn't be doing anything. xd  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:14 am
If you don't agree with downloading without paying, what about japanese anime that hasn't been brought to america yet. (there are alot of good ones out there that haven't been licenced for the US) I just wish that they would all be completely UNCUT. (stupid censorship - I HATE it) evil  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff