Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaia's Official Body Modification Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply Gaia's Official Body Modification Guild
Avatar Rating Contest {Currently on Hold} Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zombina Corpse
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:13 pm
User Image
User Image

NEWS!
User Image July 19, 2009 :
Hello Kittens!
You might have noticed "currently on hold" in the subject line for this topic, so I'll explain:
I've recently moved, and currently do not have internet access where I'm living, so until I do, I won't be very active, as you probably already noticed.
For more information, please go back to the guild's main forum page and check out the most recent update topic.

Love & Cupcakes
xoxo,
[Z]ombina

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 10:19 pm
User Image
I'm sure you are all familiar with how avatar contests work, and if you frequent the Avatar Talk subforum on Gaia, then I'm sure you're definitely ready for this contest here in our guild! Since this is the first time I'm introducing this game in the guild, this first round will sort of be a "trial round" if you will, however don't fear, prizes are still rewarded for first, second, and third place.

If you're not familiar with avatar contests, let me explain. An avatar contest is when people compete against one another using their avatars. Some contests have different themes, and others don't. For this particular game, I'll be changing the themes for the contests each time we start a new one. I might go back to a previously used theme, but regardless, I want to try and keep things as interesting as possible.

There are many popular themes that people have used in the past for their own avatar rating games.
Some of them include:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Color Contests :: Members dress up based on the colors that are instructed.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Item Contests :: Members use a specific item that their avatar revolves around for the contest.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. General Contests :: The most common and basic of contests. Members are allowed to dress their avatars up as they wish and others vote for their favorite.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Category Contests :: Members dress up their avatars according to a specific category {i.e. Angel, Devil, Holiday, Seasons, etc}.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. TekTek/Simulation Contests :: Members use TekTek or another simulation to create an avatar that is voted on.

THE CONTEST RUNDOWN;
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. The first six people to apply as contestants will be entered into the contest {number of contestants subject to change in the future depending on how much this game catches on}.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. You don't have to have already created the avatar you want to use for the contest when you make a post saying you want to enter. You may go back and edit your post with your chosen avatar. If you do hold out on posting your avatar right away, make sure to post it a.s.a.p or I'll assume you're unprepared and pick someone else.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Please make sure you save the avatar you want to use and post the image in your post. Do not just say "use my current avatar". If you're unsure how to do this look here {yeah I just whipped this up on MS Paint because I love you guys hehe}.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. For this first contest only {just to get a sense of activity and popularity, later I'll change this}, I'll wait an unlimited amount of time for contestants.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Once all 6 contestants are chosen, the polls open up and the voting beings.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. You may vote for yourself, advertise yourself to be voted on, or do anything else in order to gain votes. It's up to you.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Voting will continue for 7 days {subject to change in the future, again just trying to get a sense of activity}. On the third day, I will announce the winner.

PRIZE INFORMATION;
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 1st Place Grand Prize: 5,000 Gold or Donation letter for the current month.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 2nd Place Runner Up: 2,500 Gold
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. 3rd Place Runner Up: 1,000 Gold

TIE-BREAKER INFORMATION;
More ideas about what to do during a tie between contestants will be decided later, but for now, here are two ideas we've come up with. If you have any ideas for future tie-breakers, let me know!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. ONE: I will make a post announcing a random number. Contestants who are tied will reply to my post using the 'Roll Dice' option from the 'post action' drop-down menu. Please select 100 Sided for the type of die that will be rolled, and type in the number 1 in the empty box beside it. Whoever gets closet to my number is declared the winner.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. TWO: Contestants who are tied will do the same as above, except instead of rolling to get as close to my number as possible, a winner will be decided by whoever rolls the highest number.

Zombina Corpse
Captain

Zombina Corpse
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:34 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Absolutely no arguing whatsoever. If you don't make it into a round, wait until the following, don't start drama over it.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Do not send me PMs with the avatar you want to use in the contest. I'll ignore it.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Don't be a sore loser. There's always future rounds to participate in.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Do whatever it is you want to do in order to get votes once you become a contestant.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. TekTeks are not allowed unless the theme states otherwise.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. You may change your contest submission only once. Be sure to reply in a new message in this thread that you are changing your submission and post a picture or link of the new avatar.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Yes, you may promote or advertise yourself in order to gain votes. PLEASE remember to use discretion when making any threads or replying in other people's threads. I do not want this guild getting reported because members are breaking Gaia's T.O.S. just to get votes in this contest.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:37 pm
User Image
The current theme is Category: PIRATE/ROBOT.
I got the idea from the post that was made by Lance Castle! Since this is the first time we've ever done a category theme, I thought I'd allow you guys to pick from two separate categories. You can, however, decide to mix both categories into one avatar, so if you're having trouble picking between a robot or pirate themed avatar, why not just pick both? ROBOPIRATE! Haha!

Category/Themed: Contestants will be required to create an avatar around a specific theme or category that convey a specific overall look. This could include anything from pirate, to spring, to Christmas and everything in between. Your imagination is allowed to go crazy.

Again, sorry, but TekTek is NOT allowed for this round.

If you're stuck and need some inspiration, take some time and browse the Avatar Talk subforum on Gaia or view this thread for some information about specific themes as well as helpful photos of other people's avatars.

Zombina Corpse
Captain

Zombina Corpse
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:39 pm
User Image

User Image
01. Cayliin

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
02. cupcake queer

03. Dead_Chick

User Image
04. ViviSectionist as "Sally McSexbot"

05. Annihilation Sky as "Household android robot"

06. -----

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:40 pm
★PAST WINNERS
ROUND ONE :: t h e m e - best matched
User Image User Image User Image

ROUND TWO :: t h e m e - tektek
User Image User Image User Image

Zombina Corpse
Captain

Zombina Corpse
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:41 pm
Reserved  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:59 pm
First post!

Can I enter yet?

Edit:

User Image  

Acrylic_Duckie

LittleGreenGirl

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:04 am
well, since it seems slow going so far, might as well add mine.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:55 pm
LittleGreenGirl
well, since it seems slow going so far, might as well add mine.

Post a picture of the avatar you want in the contest, and I'll add you to the list of contestants. =]  

Zombina Corpse
Captain

LittleGreenGirl

Sparkly Prophet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:01 pm
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:39 am
User Image  

Dysphoric Melody
Crew

Aged Bloodsucker

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 10:38 pm
User Image

PS: I still can't use my mod abilities... ._."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 8:07 pm
Hooray! I'm so excited and happy that we've got some more contestants. I think that just this first round is going to be a toughie. Everyone has got some snazzy lookin' avatars~

@Dagon: Damn. I don't know what the hell is going on. I'm going to try and PM an Admin or some other head honcho on Gaia and see if they can help.

Zombina Corpse
Captain

dagon is a gloomy bear
Crew

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:20 am
Hmm... things might be working a bit now.  
Gaia's Official Body Modification Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 9 10 11 12 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff