Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply -
Free Bird Cafe Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rainspelled

IRL Genius

8,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:31 am
In a part of Kohona, there is a small cafe. So small, in fact, many people walk right by without ever noticing it. However, those who do are often compelled to walk in and take a look, or even a taste.

This is the Free Bird Cafe.

As you walk in through the glass doors, you see a well-lit cafe painted in light blues and teals, colors easy on the eyes. The cieling is a mural of clouds passing overhead, giving an impression of being outside. On the street side of the building, there are airy windows scrubbed sqeaky clean. On the other end are several doors: to the kitchen, restrooms, and stairs to the apartments above. You walk across the black-and-white checkerboard tile to a table, covered in a blue tablecloth and set with a single flower in a vase. You take a seat, open the menu, and are almost immediately accosted by one of the waiters or waitresses.

"Welcome to the Free Bird Cafe!" they announce, bowing, "May I take your order?"

You look down at the menu:

Free Bird Cafe
Owner: Aizawa Hikari

Breakfast

Eggs
Fresh eggs, served any way you want.

Toast
A slice of bread, toasted golden brown.
White, wheat, rye, whole grain

Pancakes
One, two, or three pancakes, served with an option of butter, syrup, fruit, or a combination.

Waffles
Fresh waffles made to order, served with an option of butter, syrup, fruit, or a combination.

Fruit
Apples, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries, kiwi, bananas, oranges, grapes, melons, or pomegranite.

Hash browns
Finely shredded potatoes, fried into a sort of pancake, great with ketchup!

Biscuits
Baked fresh daily, light and fluffy, and served with butter, jam, or gravy.

English muffins
Similar to biscuits, but made from whole grain, and more like bread. Also served with butter, jam, or gravy.

Muffins
Fresh, sweet muffins. Chocolate chip, blueberry, strawberry, banana nut, apple crisp, and lemon poppyseed.

French Toast
A thick slice of toast coated in cinnamon and sugar, served with syrup and fruit.

Traditional food

Donburi
Steamed rice with a choice of toppings.
Veggiedon (vegetables), Tendon (tempura), Oyakodon (chicken and eggs)

Okonomiyaki
Often called a "Japanese Pancake". Chopped cabbage, batter, and other ingredients cooked on a skillet and topped with sauces.
Okonomiyaki, Modanyaki (on top of soba)

Dango
Dumplings served on a skewer in various flavors, such as green tea, anko bean paste, or soy.

Onigiri
Sticky rice shaped into a triangle, filled with your choice of meat and vegetables, and wrapped in nori.

Takoyaki
Select cuts of octopus tentacle, pan fried in a round doughy batter. Served crispy and hot!

Taiyaki
Seafood shaped waffle pastry, filled with red bean paste.

Tamagoyaki
A cube of rice, topped with a slice of egg and wrapped in nori.

Sushi
Sticky rice and various fillings wrapped in nori. Comes in orders of 4, 9, 16, and 25, or a party-size (delivery only) of 144.

Not-so-traditional food

SANDWICHES-- MADE TO ORDER
Bread
White
Wheat
Rye
Flatbread
Pita bread
Croissant
Bagels
Sourdough
Pumpernikel

Meat
Roast Beef
Ham
Turkey
Chicken- grilled, fried, or cold cut
Salami
Pepperoni
Meatballs
Fish- grilled, or fried, or broiled
Bacon

Cheese
Parmesan
Swiss
Mozerella
Colby
Monterey Jack
Colby Jack
Cheddar-mild, medium, or sharp
Bleu

Other Toppings
Lettuce
Tomato
Pickle
Onion
Saurkraut
Mushrooms
Ketchup
Mustard
Salad Dressing
Green Pepper
Chili Pepper

---------------------------------------------

Quiche
A hot, egg pie, served with your choice of ingredients: spinach, chili peppers, mushrooms, cheese, etc.

Pot Pie
A flaky pastry with meat and vegetables cooked inside.

Fresh-baked pastries and sweets

Cake
Light, fluffy cakes baked of the finest ingredients and topped with home-made icing and your choice of fresh fruits and whipped cream!

Ringo-Ame
Apple flavored sugar “plate”. A very sweet dessert!

Shaved Ice
Ice shaved into a fine, cold powder and flavored with real fruit juices. Perfect for hot days!

Cookies
Fresh cookies, baked with the Free Bird Cafe's secret recepie. Always served warm! They also go great with milk!

Baklava
A traditional Greek dessert! A buttery, flaky pastry, layered with chopped walnuts, honey, and topped with chocolate! Very delicious, but watch how much you eat!

Mochi
Sweet flavored dumplings, decorated with icing and served in a pyramid!

Chocolate-dipped Fruit
Fresh fruit, dipped in chocolate fondue! Served cold! Also availiable in white chocolate.
Strawberries, banannas, orange slices, apple slices, and mango slices.

Drinks
Hot Chocolate
Milk chocolate, cream and milk, melted and served as a hot beverage. Never made from instant powder.

Coffee
Coffee fresh brewed several times a day. Various blends avaliable.
House blend, Morning blend, Columbian

Hot Tea
An assortment of teas, good for a beverage, for headaches, and other ailiments.
Green tea , black tea, Earl Grey, Lady Grey, Camomile (good for relaxation), Willow (good for fever and cramps), Lavender (good for headaches), orange or lemon (good for energy), mint.

Iced Tea
A cool, caffinated drink for hot days. Made from real tea leaves fresh every day.

Ramune soda
A lightly-flavored soft drink that comes in a unique marble-sealed bottle.
Flavors: lemon-lime, strawberry, cherry, raspberry, kiwi, lemon, orange

Cola
Cold cola, served by the bottle.

Milk
Fresh, delicious milk, straight from the Lon Lon dairy! A nutricious drink, or good in coffee or tea.

Calpice
Awaiting an explanation. Apparently comes in many flavors.

Fruit juice
Cold fruit juice. Strawberry, apple, strawberry-kiwi, lemon, lime, lemon-lime, watermelon, pomegranite, tomato (although I still think it's a veggie...)

Water
Cold water, always free.

Sake*
Only two drinks permitted. Must be drinking age to order.

All items on the menu can be ordered as delivery. We will bring them to your house. Please contact the owner ahead of time for a mass delivery or for catering.

Employees:
Aizawa Hikari (Kendansa_Adnilam)
Tori (Torokukat)  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:40 pm
Orion stood in front of the newly rebuilt Free Bird Cafe. He pretty much did it alone, and because of that, it took him nearly five years. But, that was his objective, and he was proud of what he did. As he stood in front of it, he smiled, for the first time in a while, as he thought of his first sensei, as well as his first two teammates. After a while, he frowned, realizing they were no longer around. But, it didn't matter now. He had people he cared about. As he walked away, it began to rain.

x InfinityOrion x

350 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

x InfinityOrion x

350 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:54 pm
Orion walked until he was in front of a small building, the Free Bird Cafe. When he got there, he set the child on the ground, and waited for the child to go in before he would.
"Here we are. In you go."
He said, gesturing for the child to enter.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:12 pm
Ryu looked at the entrance then walked in, holding his amulet that was around his neck.  

crimsonnobody

x InfinityOrion x

350 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:49 pm
As Orion walked in, he signaled to the waitress before sitting down. The waitress recognized his face and nodded. She knew what he wanted to order. He guided the child to the table in the center of the cafe. As he listened to Teddy's words, he cocked an eyebrow, looking at the child.
"Don't worry. Nothing'll happen."
He said with a gentle smile.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:56 pm
Ryu looked around as he was led to the table. He looked at Orion. "Is mama or papa here, old man?"  

crimsonnobody

x InfinityOrion x

350 Points
  • Beta Consumer 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:07 pm
"No, they're not here. But don't worry, we'll see them soon."
Orion quickly replied. As soon as he spoke, the waitress walked over with a large plate of assorted cookies, as well as two glasses of milk.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:10 pm
Kazuma had walked in after them and heard Teddy, he sat down and quickly got a hold of a waitress "Can i have milk but the whole carton" he asked her nicely and looked at the little kid with a sad look that he quickly hid. Kazuma looked down and saw his Oinin mask on his waist, he took it of "Ryu if you ever see a shinobi wearing this it's me, if you ever want to talk just look for the shinobi with this mask". He then looked at orion "What i'm about to ask you is dangerous but I have to, Orion let me go after Jake and Hokage-Sama just in case , i'm not the same weak gennin I was when you were my techer, i'm 21 now, i'm an oinin, I can handle myself against Jake if he has weakened Hokage-Sama" he said seriously and holding his mask in his hand. Kazuma then sat down and looked at Ryu smiling and waiting for Orion's anwer "Ryu what do you like to do when your playing, play ninja with your friends" he asked in the soothing,sing-song voice he used with Ryu.  

irishshamrock12

theholyest

Wealthy Fatcat

4,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:18 pm
((you know teddy meta-gamed to get that info right?....so you should ignore him))  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:18 pm
Ryu frowned. "I don't play ninja. I'm not a baby. But I do like watching bugs." He took a cookie and started eating it.  

crimsonnobody

irishshamrock12

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 3:51 pm
Kazuma having gotten his milk smiled at Ryu "Hmmm thats interesting I played ninja till i was nine but i always won, those kids in sunagakure really hated that, a leaf village kid always beat them" he opened the carton and took a drink. Kazuma looked at Orion "So uhh do you want me to go find Hokage-Sama" he said and took another drink and set his mask down on the table and looked at it, it was sorta like a weasel, one of his favortie animals. Kazuma smiled Ryu "So do you plan on becoming a Shinobi when you're older" he asked him with a smile and his voice, he wanted to win the friendship of this kid.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:05 pm
Ryu smiled and nodded. "I want to be a Hokage like mama!"  

crimsonnobody

irishshamrock12

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:12 pm
Kazuma smiled at him "Looks like you'll have to come right after me" he said smiling, and he took a drink of milk, which he loved, when he first cam to the village he wouldn't come in here because he had no money at all but now he did. Kazuma smiled at Ryu "So what do you do during the day, look at bugs" he asked him with a wide smile waiting for Ryu to answer to what he said as he waited he took another drink of the milk.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 4:21 pm
Ryu nodded. "I also play with the water at the pond. Its really fun making different bugs out of water."  

crimsonnobody

-

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces