Welcome to Gaia! ::

Neon Love

Back to Guilds

A place to hangout and be yourself among friends who Love you. 

Tags: Friendship, Love, Activities, Craziness, Anime 

Reply Seasonal Threads (For stuff that comes every once in a while)
Laissez le Bon temp rouler Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The best Carnival Masquerade Ball costume goes to:
  LittleTnCo
  PieMonster2000
  Hazumu-san
View Results

Gweener

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:44 am
How do ya say that?
"Lazay Lay Bon Tom Roulay"
What does it mean!?
Let the good times roll!

Happy Mardi Gras!

User Image

Mardi Gras Themes:
> Jan.20-26: More than Mere Mortals
> Jan.27- Feb.2: Nature's Finest
> Feb. 3-9: Hypnotic Robotics
> Feb. 10-16: Love is in the Air
> Feb. 17-24: Carnival Masquerade Ball

*Post your best costume for each week here for a chance to win 1,000g per week!

Want to know more about Mardi Gras?
http://www.mardigrasneworleans.com/faq.html
Be sure to read the q&a about bringing kids. This is important to me because as a native of this area, this is the Mardi Gras we all know and love, not the debauchery seen through the media of Bourbon Street.

Also notice that Balls are considered formal. I have been a krewe member several times, and the Ball is as much fun as the parade itself.

And remember, it's all over after midnight on Fat Tuesday, so let the good times roll.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 2:35 pm
arrow And here is our winner for "More Than Mere Mortal"
ChainsawDooM!

User Image

Thank you to the participants: Hazumu-san, Someone Famous, PieMonster2000
and our voters!~ It would have been a tough choice if left up to me!

So, congratulations to our very own More Than Mere Mortal,
ChainsawDooM!!!
*waits for applause to die down*
Come on down here and get your over size, very impressive check.
*shakes Chainsaw's hand and whispers quickly* The real check is in the mail. *wink*

arrow Unbelievable! For the theme of "Nature's Finest"... we have a tie!!! Congratulations Pie Monster2000 & Hazumu-san!

PieMonster2000:
User Image

Hazumu-san:
User Image

arrow WOW! It's another tie for Hypnotic Robotics (even second place was a tie!) Everyone did a fabulous job!~ very impressive!!!
Congratulations to Someone Famous and LittleTnCo:

Someone Famous:
User Image

LittleTnCo:
User Image

arrow And ChainsawDooM takes "Love is in the Air" by a landslide! Congratulations, DooM!!!
And thanks once again to all who participated!

ChainsawDooM:
User Image

User Image
arrow And here are our winners of the Carnival Masquerade Ball:

PieMonster2000:
User Image

Hazumu-san:

User Image  

Gweener

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

Dangerous Conversationalist

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:59 pm
I want in on this avatar contest thing. ... Not for the money, but for creative spark.

Here we go...
User Image
More Than Mere Mortal

This theme was hard. It's just... so open to interpretation. I picked an angel... dude... thing.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:09 pm
Oh way too fun, here's mine! smile
User Image

More Than Mere Mortal

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Someone Famous

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:20 pm
-laugh-
This let me get a bit creative.
I think I might keep this outfit as a permanent thing.

User Image

More Than Mere Mortal.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:05 am
I'm looking forward to hypnotic robotics. If I remember correctly, my brother Plasma was last seen in a robot... wonder if something might happen then...  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

PieMonster2000
Crew

Hilarious Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:27 am
XD ... Here goes...

User Image

More Than Mere Mortal  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:10 pm
User Image
Everyone looks so incredible!!! I'm glad y'all are enjoying the excuse to get creative. (They often leave room for interpretation) That is one of my favorite things about Mardi Gras. Each parade chooses a theme, such as Disney characters, Rock 'n' Roll Legends... and then each crew within that parade chooses something specific. One of the most creative parades (in my opinion) is our walking parade, Mona Lisa Moon Pie Parade. Yes, they throw moon pies and yes, Mona Lisa is always in the parade. Years back, I was in it when the overall theme was Rock 'n' Roll Legends, and my crew did Kiss. I got to be the Star Child, Paul Stanley. Lots of fun!

... OK, I've spent the last hour or more rummaging through photos. At first I didn't think I was going to find any of Kiss, but I first ran across a group pic of me and some of my family in the city on Mardi Gras day. This was the first Mardi Gras after 9/11. That's me, the Statue of Liberty... my Dad and brother and several nieces and nephews (dressed as stars)... we had several more cans of whoop a** roaming around (you can actually see a few of their costumes discarded), checking out the other costumes up and down the parade route in between parades:

User Image

User Image

And I still haven't found the group picture of Kiss, but here's what I did find: (!st one's me still getting dress. And, yes, we dress the little ones as chocolate kisses)

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image
Ok, I admit, I had to do some research on Kiss and my character, but I was really surprised how many songs I knew! And it was fun lip syncing down the street to Strutter. rofl

Gweener

Gweener

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:59 pm
I just have to say this quote from Ghostbusters:
"Are you a God?"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:07 pm
"Be you angels?"
"Nay, we are but men. ROCK!"  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Hazumu-san
Captain

Liberal Genius

8,575 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:09 pm
Gweener
"Are you a God?"

"Ray, if someone asks if you're a god you say...YES!"  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:10 pm
rofl
Is that Tenacious D!?
Good one!
Although I didn't take you for a Tenacious D fan!
Jack Black is so weird. I just watched Be Kind Rewind last night!

Gweener

Gweener

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:11 pm
Hazumu-san
Gweener
"Are you a God?"

"Ray, if someone asks if you're a god you say...YES!"

rofl Yeeeees!!! rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 8:48 pm
... Apparently I should have picked the Stay Puft marshmallow man for my avatar submission...

And, why don't I seem like I'd like Tenacious D? I mean... I like to laugh, and I like music... doesn't seem like too much of a stretch.

Plus, you should remember that one playlist I had with all the songs I used to listen to when I was growing up... bands like Kansas, Journey, Aerosmith, Led Zepplin, ZZ Top, Yes, The Scorpions, Soundgarden, Stone Temple Pilots, Alice in Chains, KISS, Twisted Sister, Jim Croce, Sting, Heart, Queen, Queens of the Stoneage, Michael Jackson, Rush, Nirvana, Jimi Hendrix, Toad the Wet Sprocket, Guns N' Roses, Alice Cooper, Pearl Jam, Van Halen, Iron Maiden... I'm running out now... Oh yeah, Black Sabbath, Nelson...

Plus, you see that I like stuff like Simon and Garfunkle; and then I like techno; And then I like heavy metal head-banging stuff; and then I like power metal like Dragonforce, Nightwish, and Dark Moor and such. I also love a lot of the 80's synth rock, probably due to all those video games I used to play in the early 90's (and especially Wing Commander: Privateer...).

And I like Classical, bluegrass, jazz, elevator music (seriously... I'll listen to it), most country, blues, oldies rock, folk, and some rap if it doesn't suck and I'm like... alone. Although, I don't consider rap music as much as poetry set to a pre-recorded beat... although, I guess if abstract and expressionism is considered music, rap could be too... That's not to say rapping doesn't require talent. Making up all those rhymes to entertain and also tell a logical story while keeping to a beat requires talent, no matter what anyone says... I just don't really think it's music... It's rhythmic poetry... But saying, "hey yaw, I'm a rhythmic poet" probably ain't "gangsta" enough.

Pretty much the only stuff I can think of I don't like is some pop, some jazz, some country, and some of that oddball stuff... like from random countries like some Indian stuff and some J-pop... but as far as genres, there isn't any genre I can't listen to a majority of the songs... although... pop can get irritating after a while. ... And I just can't take Cookie Monster metal seriously... Having random animalistic animal noises, grunts, and growls constitute all of your lyrics is very odd. I don't mind it used here and there, because sometimes, it just fits. Now, if it's actually growling actual WORDS that's a different story. Those are okay... soooooooometimes... some songs and bands just suck... it doesn't have anything to do with the genre.

... I like a lot of types of music, though...  

ChainsawDooM
Vice Captain

24,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Seasonal Threads (For stuff that comes every once in a while)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games