Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Republican Guild of Gaia [A Big Tent Republican Guild]

Back to Guilds

A Political-Debate Guild Aimed at Republican Users. 

Tags: republican, conservative, debate, politics, moderate 

Reply The Republican Guild of Gaia
I think I'm going to be sick! Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Latopazora

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:09 pm
I'm sure Obama is a great person, and for all I know, he may just be a good president. What makes me sick is all this mushy coverage of the guy, and he hasn't done anything to warrant it!
There's all these memorabilia and fanfare for the guy, and then there's the 180 for Bush, and it drives me nuts. I'm not a Bush fan, but I certainly don't hate the guy. There's no reason all this Obama-worship and Bush-hatred! This is getting out of control, people are just brain dead. And then I keep hearing people talk about how the democrats are going to fix everything and everything will be ok, because the republicans will be gone. Politics and economics are not that simplistic!

Right now, I kinda feel sorry for Obama. He's being put on such a high pedestal and if he doesn't meet the people's expectations, he's going to fall big time! The way I see it, Obama's administration is a large tower built on sand and there's a large storm coming. I'm not saying he's bad, just that he's not standing on much of a foundation. What is he going to do if we were to get hit again, or when other countries stop lending us money?

The only thing I can tell for sure is that Obama memorabilia is going to be worth a lot less when he leaves the White House.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:12 pm
Parts of his inauguration speech pissed me off, such as the parts about America having a duty towards other nations.  

Garrett31212

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:39 pm
They overdid it on the coverage.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:49 am
It was also very hypocritical. He was up there talking about repositioning taxes where they need to be and he spent around $150 million on the inauguration itself bringing in world renowned musicians such as Yo-Yo Ma.  

Garrett31212

Lord Bitememan
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:23 pm
Meh, the tax linkage isn't much to go on. The real hypocrisy is that Democrats have, historically, criticized Republican presidents for expensive inaugurals. They went into a tizzy over Reagan's $16 million innaugural. This is ten times as much.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:55 pm
It's way too commercialized. "Get OBama This... Get Obama That"

I understand, we made a black man one of the most powerful men in the world, whoop-de-doo-da-day! I don't think it's right to look at someone's skin color differently from anothers... it's the leader we want, not the looks.  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

PhoenixFire1987

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:53 am
i agree with u rainbowfield mouse. and as for the inauguration, it sucked and all those damn balls. there were far too many and it is going to put us down the drain. he hasnt been president for very long and already he has put us in a hole.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:45 pm
I think that showcases a problem with Americans. We expect too much out of something. We have all of these ridiculous standards about everything that just can't be met.

I am glad I didn't vote for Obama. Just in case he ******** up big time, I am going to laugh at those who voted for him.  

stareyed_in_LA

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:51 pm
stareyed_in_LA
I think that showcases a problem with Americans. We expect too much out of something. We have all of these ridiculous standards about everything that just can't be met.

I am glad I didn't vote for Obama. Just in case he ******** up big time, I am going to laugh at those who voted for him.

In all fairness, everyone is going to make mistakes, including McCain, I'm sure that Obama-Supporters could say similar things if McCain had won ^.^  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:06 pm
I don't want Obama to ******** up, because if he screws up- America is screwed.  

Latopazora

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 3:50 am
Latopazora

We have a congress that would need a bipartisan effort to do even half the things he says, he needs to go through them first, unless he creates an executive order. Our system will keep him in place if need be. The only things that are definitely happen are Gay Rights, Abortion, and higher taxes on the rich. Though my opinions on the 1st and 3rd are probably opposite of yours. All the other stuff, well most other stuff, he wants to do will have a hard time getting past the Reps and Senators. Besides, if he screws up, do you really think people will care all that much, I mean look at Bush, a lot of people think he screwed up... So long as Obama doesn't follow most of Bush's policies he'll be in safeguard of the people caring, and then blame anything economically wrong, or foreign-wise wrong on Bush because a lot of people believe he had bad policies on both issues.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:30 pm
stareyed_in_LA

He already has. Guantanamo is shutting down.  

Garrett31212

Garrett31212

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:33 pm
Rainbowfied Mouse
Latopazora

We have a congress that would need a bipartisan effort to do even half the things he says, he needs to go through them first, unless he creates an executive order. Our system will keep him in place if need be. The only things that are definitely happen are Gay Rights, Abortion, and higher taxes on the rich. Though my opinions on the 1st and 3rd are probably opposite of yours. All the other stuff, well most other stuff, he wants to do will have a hard time getting past the Reps and Senators. Besides, if he screws up, do you really think people will care all that much, I mean look at Bush, a lot of people think he screwed up... So long as Obama doesn't follow most of Bush's policies he'll be in safeguard of the people caring, and then blame anything economically wrong, or foreign-wise wrong on Bush because a lot of people believe he had bad policies on both issues.

Abortion already is legal, Obama has said he won't impose such high taxes on the rich and so far gay rights are treated as a states rights issue.

But Obama won't be able to deliver all he promised. People will be angry.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:10 am
Garrett31212
Rainbowfied Mouse
Latopazora

Abortion already is legal, Obama has said he won't impose such high taxes on the rich and so far gay rights are treated as a states rights issue.

But Obama won't be able to deliver all he promised. People will be angry.

This does not mean I have to change my opinion on abortion, and FOCA gives so much more rights to abortions than before, it would eliminate, in my state, the 24hour waiting period, the viewing of the ultra sound prior, and such. It would also take off the requirement to get a parent/guardian permission.  

Rainbowfied Mouse
Vice Captain

6,200 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Wall Street 200

Garrett31212

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 12:17 pm
What are you talking about?  
The Republican Guild of Gaia

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items