Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Please tell me doctor: Is my Wii going to live? (UPDATES!) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:53 am
Okay, my Wii has been running fine most of it's life... until recently. Before, the Wii just made a sorta hissing noise. Nothing too odd. Brawl ran on my Wii fine once it was released. But after hours and hours of playing Brawl, my Wii started to buzz. As the weeks and months went by, it got louder and louder and louder. Now it's just unbearable. It sounds like a chainsaw. I get a headache from playing it and my family complain about how loud it is.
Today, I popped in Brawl and pressed start on the Wii menu. It showed the usual wrist strap thing (Why would you need a wrist strap to play Brawl?) and then showed an error screen. It said to take out the disc, turn the Wii off and check the Wii's instruction book. I of course did not check the instruction book. Who does? Anyway, I held down the off button on the Wii as usual, but it refused to turn off! I had to un-plug it eventually. I booted Brawl up again and it took a while for the Wii to read the disc but eventually started up. All was going smoothly until while I was playing an online match it came up with the same error screen! So doctor, is it gonna be okay?

UPDATE: An online brawl with Rad was about to start, but the screen popped up again!

UPDATE 2: AAAAH! IT WON'T PLAY BRAWL AT ALL! GOD HELP ME! crying  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:59 am
Um, I don't know. Mine used to make a noise too, my brother constantly complained about it, I ignored it.

Then, last Christmas, the cd spinning motor thing died.

So there is a reasonable chance that your motor is dying and that the error may be because the disc stops spinning?

Just an idea on my experiences.  

Yin Yun Yang

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:07 am
Yin Yun Yang
Um, I don't know. Mine used to make a noise too, my brother constantly complained about it, I ignored it.

So there is a reasonable chance that your motor is dying and that the error may be because the disc stops spinning?

O.O Oh s**t, that must be it! When the message showed, the Wii had stopped buzzing!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:11 am
Super Cheesio
Yin Yun Yang

O.O Oh s**t, that must be it! When the message showed, the Wii had stopped buzzing!
Yup, eventually the spinner thing will die. When mine did I could still put discs in and out so you shouldn't have to worry about that.

But yeah, that is it. Ours went a long time though once the noise started before it actually died.  

Yin Yun Yang

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:22 am
Precious Brawl. emo  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:51 am
That happened to me us.  

Patchouli the Librarian

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:15 am
I had the same problem. I decided to do something about it during the buzzing stage, though (and would you believe that Nintendo told me it would be just fine and recommended for me not to send it in?). Of course, I forgot to back up my save files, so now... Up next is my second Luigi run through Galaxy.

The worst thing is that if I had just put up with the buzzing until there was a problem, I could've gotten the cracked top screen on my DS fixed by now...  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:16 am
Will I have to send my Wii in for repairs if I want to play Brawl ever again?  

Super Cheesio

Patchouli the Librarian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:19 am
Most likely.

And you will probably have a new Wii, like me.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:20 am
Aurelia Celestis
Most likely.

gonk GOD HELP ME!  

Super Cheesio

Patchouli the Librarian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:25 am
Super Cheesio
Aurelia Celestis
Most likely.

gonk GOD HELP ME!

I know it sucks.

If you got a lot of luck ,the Wii will come back.

And if you send it, tell them your Club Nintendo username and the games you have if you want to recover them, if you lose your last Wii.

Also, ask to have your Miis imported on the new Wii.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:36 am
Aurelia Celestis
Super Cheesio
Aurelia Celestis
Most likely.

gonk GOD HELP ME!

I know it sucks.

And if you send it, tell them your Club Nintendo username and the games you have if you want to recover them, if you lose your last Wii.

I'll do that if I have to send it in. I'll also back everything up onto my SD card. What will I do about WiiWare and VC games?  

Super Cheesio

Patchouli the Librarian

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:38 am
Super Cheesio
Aurelia Celestis
Super Cheesio
Aurelia Celestis
Most likely.

gonk GOD HELP ME!

I know it sucks.

And if you send it, tell them your Club Nintendo username and the WiiWare/VC games you have if you want to recover them, if you lose your last Wii.

I'll do that if I have to send it in. I'll also back everything up onto my SD card. What will I do about WiiWare and VC games?

Fixed. I wanted to say VC/ Wii ware games, not the normal ones.

I think you can't put them on an SD card.

I don't know a thing about SD, i never had one.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:39 am
You can save your WiiWare and VC items to the SD card.  

Rad Electropow

Invisible Elder

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:41 am
Definitely call Nintendo. My Wii used to make a noise as it spun the disc, I called, sent it in and they repaired it free of charge. The sooner you call the better, and if that's been going on for awhile, you might want to check to see if your games have been scratched. Also, take any save data that's on your Wii and put it onto an SD card so that you can keep it.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff