Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Back to Guilds

Dedicated to bringing Chinese and friends from all over the world together. 

Tags: China, Chinese, friendship, Culture 

Reply *~ International Chinese Unite ~*
Do any of you get beaten up by your parents? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Well?
  HELL YEAH!! ALWAYS!!! T-T My parents are ebbil
  uum....soooooometimes x_x;;;
  rarely :P
  nevaaar
  not telling you!!
View Results

[.Higan Bana.]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:27 pm
Not sure if this has been done before but...I just want to know~~ sweatdrop domokun  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:38 pm
My parents(mostly my mother) used to beat me up when I was younger than 10 years old, but I think because this beating had a really negative impact on my confience and self esteem (I'm still very shy and can't talk propely) they were counselled to not use physical force on me. And really, by that time I was beginning sort of immune to any form of beating. On the surface I would pretend that I was taught a lesson but in actual fact I never learned anything from being smacked. xd xp  

Minielf

[.Higan Bana.]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 11:50 pm
Minielf
My parents(mostly my mother) used to beat me up when I was younger than 10 years old, but I think because this beating had a really negative impact on my confience and self esteem (I'm still very shy and can't talk propely) they were counselled to not use physical force on me. And really, by that time I was beginning sort of immune to any form of beating. On the surface I would pretend that I was taught a lesson but in actual fact I never learned anything from being smacked. xd xp
LOL That happened to me too. I think the reason why I'm a bit violent and short tempered is due to my parents' beating when I was before 10 years of age. And yes...I'm kinda shy too...don't know if this is also what being beaten has done to me. And now....since I'm alot older and know how to rebel and fight back, they never hit me anymore...(because the one who'd end up being injured would be them, not me. xD)  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:10 am
Beat up is such harsh words..
I think the more apporioate words would be discipline and scowling. 3nodding
Mainly for behavior. 3nodding
Oh well I think in the end it did keep me away from drugs and stuff I suppose. All the rebels at my school seem like people that haven't been disciplined while they were young, due to soft parents or simply neglectful ones.

Anyways, my parents stop doing that a few years ago. 3nodding
Heh.. Funny..
I was talking to my Malaysian chinese friend Catherine about this and we both agree. We're thankful that they punished us when we were young, so now we're pretty much good kids unlike 90% of my school. 3nodding

I suppose the usa goverment or someone would consider it child abuse when it comes to spanking and such. But seriously I consider them being soft. 3nodding Like stated in this one behaviorist theory, when punished behavior decreases. If it isn't punished then it is being reinforced to continue. You can compare the education system in asia to the usa's. 3nodding

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Minielf

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:21 am
Yeah it's quite true. Most of the students in my school who are white are quite a bit more undisicipline than the asian students, because their parents didn't like to spank them when they're young. My younger brother is so much more rebelious than I was at his age.

But I think too much physical punishment can have negative effects. Some children can become too scared or traumatized if they've been spanked too many times. Others can develop a rebelious attitude towards their parents.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 6:38 am
My parents never used physical force against me. Rather, they used psychological warfare to the extreme. As a child I used to have an intense fear of the dark, they would push me into a closet. Eventually I learned that this wasn't worth being afraid of, I still disliked it but I learned to take little cat-naps or power-naps. The result was the same, I would wake up feeling refreshed, they'd look at my eyes and think I'd been crying the entire time. *yawn* twisted  

tamcharles

Profitable Businessman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Overstocked 200

Niphredil Ithilmir

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 11:27 am
I think being disciplined is generally quite good for you.. to a reasonable extent, of course.. I used to be hit with rulers (with metal edges.. ouch) and such.. but my parents have never really hit me (generally it was my grandparents..). I dunno. *shrugs* It's never really occurred to me to be a terrible thing..  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:10 pm
Darkaznstargoddess
Oh well I think in the end it did keep me away from drugs and stuff I suppose. All the rebels at my school seem like people that haven't been disciplined while they were young, due to soft parents or simply neglectful ones.

Heh.. Funny..
I was talking to my Malaysian chinese friend Catherine about this and we both agree. We're thankful that they punished us when we were young, so now we're pretty much good kids unlike 90% of my school. 3nodding

I suppose the usa goverment or someone would consider it child abuse when it comes to spanking and such. But seriously I consider them being soft. 3nodding Like stated in this one behaviorist theory, when punished behavior decreases. If it isn't punished then it is being reinforced to continue. You can compare the education system in asia to the usa's. 3nodding

You got a point there. I support er...child beating too! xd But I was asking if you really get spanked or get hit by your parents or not...not just punishments...  

[.Higan Bana.]

[.Higan Bana.]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:11 pm
Minielf
Others can develop a rebelious attitude towards their parents.
That'd be me. xd domokun  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:13 pm
tamcharles
My parents never used physical force against me. Rather, they used psychological warfare to the extreme. As a child I used to have an intense fear of the dark, they would push me into a closet. Eventually I learned that this wasn't worth being afraid of, I still disliked it but I learned to take little cat-naps or power-naps. The result was the same, I would wake up feeling refreshed, they'd look at my eyes and think I'd been crying the entire time. *yawn* twisted

Ahahahaha you even suck when you were a little kid! xd I was NEVAR scared of darkness when I was small. I was...really brave; not scared of anything. sweatdrop domokun Go me!  

[.Higan Bana.]

[.Higan Bana.]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:17 pm
Niphredil Ithilmir
I think being disciplined is generally quite good for you.. to a reasonable extent, of course.. I used to be hit with rulers (with metal edges.. ouch) and such.. but my parents have never really hit me (generally it was my grandparents..). I dunno. *shrugs* It's never really occurred to me to be a terrible thing..
METAL EDGES? ouch poor you...

When I was small my mom used to hit me ALL OVER the place. Like she does not specifically spank me on my butt, instead she hit/slap on my face, back, shoulder, head, arm, and so on...almost everywhere she sees...x.x;; Weird thing is, I never cried no matter how hard she beat me. Not even once!!! wow...I must be extremely strong and brave when I was small...x]

Awww your grandparents beat you? My grandparents spoil me waaaaaay too much!! They don't even yell at me...and they would NEVER lay a finger on me...in fact, when my mom do beat me, if they are there they would always stop her. mrgreen Such spoiled child I am eh? lol cool

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:39 pm
I never got beaten because I was such a nice lil girl. <3 x3
But I did get yelled at, like the time I stuck a transformer's head into the DVD player and broke it. sweatdrop

t0shi0
Crew

Receiver

Darkaznstargoddess
Captain

Ruthless Genius

13,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:43 pm
[.Higan Bana.]
Darkaznstargoddess

Heh.. Funny..

You got a point there. I support er...child beating too! xd But I was asking if you really get spanked or get hit by your parents or not...not just punishments...

3nodding Spanking and hitting are forms of punishments. 3nodding
I think after they stop punishing with spankings, you is the stage known as growing backbone. 3nodding

Good for bussiness, all that repressed anger. 3nodding
Good way to get people to do what you want and their expressions are priceless when the shyiest/quietest person in the room blows up at em. rofl

Have you ever worked in a store runned by asians? confused
They're demanding and love to yell, comparing it to what your parents put you throught it's nothing. So you could pull off working there. Mom was telling me about this cauasian girl that tried to work at a chinese resturant but ended up quitting after a week beacuse she couldn't take their criticism. Not emotionally coniditioned to deal with em. 3nodding

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:23 pm
t0shi0
I never got beaten because I was such a nice lil girl. <3 x3
But I did get yelled at, like the time I stuck a transformer's head into the DVD player and broke it. sweatdrop
LOL GOOD ONE. rofl  

[.Higan Bana.]

Loutz

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:01 pm
LUcky! i get beaten all the time! gonk crying  
*~ International Chinese Unite ~*

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items