Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:42 am
Iwata
What we are looking at are the cumulative Wii and DS sales through the end of 2008. Wii has been selling at industry’s record pace so far, and with new customers acquired by the gaming population expansion efforts, it is not impossible for Wii’s total sales to exceed the final install base of PS2. Wii still has much more room for expansion. We can expect more sales of software in the next fiscal year than in the current year. With what kind of software is Nintendo going to achieve this goal? Well, it will be shown at E3 to be held in the U.S. this June.

Full article here. I read it five minutes ago and I'm already giddy for what they'll announce.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:47 am
I hope they'll announce some of the games that fans are pleading for unlike last year. We NEED Star Fox, F-Zero, and Kirby on Wii or I'll melt!  

Super Cheesio

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:00 pm
My guess:
Kirby. Soft, fun, kid-and-elderly-friendly, and challenging enough to get the new install of gamers into some of the games that Nintendo's older fans (by which I mean, people who have been fans since GCN, SNES, or N64) have enjoyed.
Then, they go for another Mario. More challenging than Galaxy. Again, getting their new fans into games that even the hardcore will enjoy.
Follow that up with another StarFox that takes a good amount of time in vehicles besides the Arwing. Y'know, tank, on foot, submarine ( crying ) etc. etc.
F-Zero I think will be toned down, but more colorful. And ******** DONKEY KONG IN DA HOUSE!

Also, sprinkle some pokemon in their for flavor.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:04 pm
dragn99
My guess:
Kirby. Soft, fun, kid-and-elderly-friendly, and challenging enough to get the new install of gamers into some of the games that Nintendo's older fans (by which I mean, people who have been fans since GCN, SNES, or N64) have enjoyed.
Then, they go for another Mario. More challenging than Galaxy. Again, getting their new fans into games that even the hardcore will enjoy.
Follow that up with another StarFox that takes a good amount of time in vehicles besides the Arwing. Y'know, tank, on foot, submarine ( crying ) etc. etc.
F-Zero I think will be toned down, but more colorful. And ******** DONKEY KONG IN DA HOUSE!

Pokeymanz is unlikely. The Wii already has Battle Revolution, remember?  

Super Cheesio

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:05 pm
Super Cheesio
dragn99
My guess:

Pokeymanz is unlikely. The Wii already has Battle Revolution, remember?
Dude.
It's pokemon dude.
Pokemon is always likely.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:08 pm
Super Cheesio
I hope they'll announce some of the games that fans are pleading for unlike last year. We NEED Star Fox, F-Zero, and Kirby on Wii or I'll melt!

And if it isn't, I will pull a katana made from solidified anger and disappointment out of my a** and murder everyone in the room.  

Sharkbutt The Orgiastic

Magnetic Sex Symbol

7,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:11 pm
Super Cheesio
Because Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon (albeit a shitty entry, but I don't think Poketards care much anyway), Metroid Prime, WarioLand and WarioWare in two years isn't enough. I AM RICH NINTENDO PLEASE GIVE ME MORE

Oh and Punch-Out is coming out soon too

But really, I mean, I don't see how people can b***h about us not having enough core gamer games, or enough games that appeal to the core gamer. I mean, look at all of those games, and they're only from Nintendo. I think there's some kind of reverse-psychology going on, where we get a lot and feel like it's not much. Maybe you weren't trying to say it Cheese, but I just wanted to vent a bit. Here's to hoping for Starfox, Kirby, Donkey Kong(a), Pikmin and whatever the hell else Nintendo can pull off.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:13 pm
Meta_Fish
Super Cheesio
Because Super Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Super Mario, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon (albeit a shitty entry, but I don't think Poketards care much anyway), Metroid Prime, WarioLand and WarioWare in two years isn't enough. I AM RICH NINTENDO PLEASE GIVE ME MORE

But really, I mean, I don't see how people can b***h about us not having enough core gamer games, or enough games that appeal to the core gamer. I mean, look at all of those games, and they're only from Nintendo. I think there's some kind of reverse-psychology going on, where we get a lot and feel like it's not much. Maybe you weren't trying to say it Cheese, but I just wanted to vent a bit. Here's to hoping for Starfox, Kirby, Donkey Kong(a), Pikmin and whatever the hell else Nintendo can pull off.
I completely agree with you Fish. I'm just saying I'd like to see those games made for Wii.  

Super Cheesio

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:15 pm
Super Cheesio
Meta_Fish
Super Cheesio

I completely agree with you Fish. I'm just saying I'd like to see those games made for Wii.
Yeah, I realized as I was ranting that you weren't trying to say that. xd But here's to hoping for more and more! Ah man, I wanna do a podcast right now and talk about our guesses for E3. If they can top E3 06, I will give somebody a b*****b flip the ******** out.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:20 pm
A Donkey Konga 4 that comes out everywhere would kick a**. Also I'd like Earthbound to be re-released on like the Wii in updated graphics...but that'll likely never happen.  

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 12:23 pm
Regulust
A Donkey Konga 4 that comes out everywhere would kick a**.
ILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOUILOVEYOU
That'll never happen, though. Konga 3 didn't leave Japan because the series didn't do well enough, and it sounds like it was the best. ;_; But they could have downloadable songs and online play and all that awesome stufffffff. crying I'd even settle for Jungle Beat 2, as long as it had an option to play with DK Bongos.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:21 pm
Nobody predicted Zelda yet? 2008 was the first year since 1999 without a Zelda, I'd say we're about due. Besides, if a new Zelda's on the way, maybe they'll finally get around to putting Majora's Mask on the Virtual Console. 15 N64 games on there over two years is a really sad number.

And yeah, there's been a lot of great games over the last two years, but the vast majority all came out early on. I got Brawl when it came out, and the only games I've gotten since then are Wii Fit, Guitar Hero Aerosmith, Guitar Hero World Tour, and Rock Band 2. And it is absolutely not because I like rhythm games that much. And I do still have a want list, but that mainly consists of Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, and De Blob.

And yes, we are due for a decent Pokemon RPG on the Wii. Colosseum and XD were steps in the right direction but Battle Revolution was just a huge middle finger.  

GuruGuru214

otawara

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:05 pm
Well.....

I've been crossing my fingers for years for a Star Tropics for ever.

I highly doubt a sequel is in the making.

A Wii Virutal Console release is probably the closest thing to that....

MIKE JONES!  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:24 pm
Well, if they are going for huge sales they are probably going for more newcomers. maybe they are working on something that implements their new walk through system?  

Owwin

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:57 pm
I hope it's WiiFit 2  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items