Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:53 am
GoNintendo
A portion of a WiiWare-World interview with Gaijin Games head, Alex Neuse…

WW: We understand that the paddle is controlled by twisting the Wii Remote. Won’t that get tiring? Do you offer a D-pad option as an alternative?

AN: You are correct; the game is controlled by holding the Wii Remote sideways like an NES controller and tilting it forward and backward. I’ve been playing the game every day over the course of development and it hasn’t gotten tiring for me yet. During our preproduction phase we tried out various options and kept returning to the Wii Remote tilting. It feels the most like a spinner controller and offers much more precise navigation of the play field than the +Control Pad ever could so we decided not to support it. I’m a big fan of “paddle” games like Super Breakout, Kaboom!, Arkanoid, etc., and on the consoles with D-pad controls none of them feel right. We chose to go with the control scheme that felt the most “right”, knowing that we couldn’t get a true spinner controller.

WW: We understand you have another 5 games planned for the Bit.Trip series. What other game styles are you considering? Could we see an Atari 2600 style platformer such as Pitfall perhaps?

AN: For the other games in the series, we’re definitely keeping a 2600 vibe going strong, and while I don’t want to give too much away, we might have some kind of side scrolling adventure - although it might be more akin to Jungle Hunt than Pitfall!. All the games in the series will be music/rhythm based, of course.

Link

I don't know if you guys have seen this, but it's a new Wiiware title on the way, called BIT.TRIP BEAT. It's got a specialized graphical look which looks like it shot acid into some 8-bit games and then broke the pixels apart and decided to shoot them at you to kick-a** music as you fly through hyperspace. The only good way to understand it is to watch.

Trailer 1
Trailer 2  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:16 am
Do want. eek  

BleuP

Sugary Wife

17,625 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:19 am
Wow, this looks really innovative. I'll definitely get it. surprised  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:29 pm
But what if I'm a woman?  

Orphie

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:41 pm
Orphie
But what if I'm a woman?
Then you can't play. But really, that line has some strange meaning to it. I wonder if this game is going to have some underlying message.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:59 pm
Looks like Pong meets Beatmania. Pass.

Really cool colory effects, though.  

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:02 pm
Super Music Pong! Looks good.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:18 pm
I watched the newest trailer yesterday, and when the guy said that it scared me. D8  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Mukuchina Kurasu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:33 pm
That looks awesome. I want it.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:58 pm
I dont have speakers but ohmigawd that looks fantastic.

Quote:
If you don't watch it, we're going to throw out this BFF bracelet you made us and show up at your house demanding those mix tapes back. You know, the ones that had all of those Air Supply and Bryan Adams tracks on them.

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:16 pm
It looks like a single player version of pong... I'd get it if it was like 100 wii points.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:23 pm
Regulust
It looks like a single player version of pong... I'd get it if it was like 100 wii points.
You know it's a rhythm game, right?  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

The Awkwardest Turtle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:40 pm
Looks like 8-bit Audiosurf. >_>  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:52 am
Akward Turtle
Looks like 8-bit Audiosurf. >_>
I was gonna say thaaat.

Except

Audiosurf doesn't have wavy crazy this-and-that blocks >_>

aaaand

I bet Audiosurf is harder.

Except on uhh, easy songs. And on easy difficulties.  

Terara Drakon

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:40 am
Teh AK
Regulust
You know it's a rhythm game, right?

Of course I do.  
The Gallery

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas