Back to Guilds

Tags: Lotr, Tolkien 

Reply Atalantë - A new beginning
The Love Stories We Never Saw Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which romance do you wish there would have been more detail about?
Galadriel/Celeborn
23%
 23%  [ 9 ]
Elrond/Celebrian
17%
 17%  [ 7 ]
Earendil/Elwing
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Denethor/Finduilas (I think is how you spell it -.-)
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
Other (there's a lot of those so specify)
28%
 28%  [ 11 ]
I was happy with what was there
10%
 10%  [ 4 ]
I don't really care
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 39

TenshinoHikari

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 7:32 pm
I love the works of Tolkien, don't get me wrong, but it always seemed that when I wanted more there wasn't any and when I didn't want any there was more than enough. The same hold true for the Tolkien romances. As far as I know the only romances he told in full were the stories of Luthien, Arwen, and their respective mortal loves.
If I could pick one Tolkien romance to hear in full detail it would be how Celeborn and Galadriel got together. Galadriel strikes me as untamable, fiesty, and sometimes maybe even downright mean. I want to know how Celeborn ended up with that woman 3nodding .
After that I would have to say it would be Elrond and Celebrain. There seems to be something in their lives we're missing, something I want desperatly to be a part of.
What about you guys? Who would you like to see more of?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2005 8:24 pm
Nice topic heart
Of course, for me, the number one story that I want to know about is Finarfin/Earwen 3nodding

I would have loved to see more Galadriel/Celeborn too!! Galadriel is one of my favorite characters. There are a lot of fanfictions about these two, to make up for it blaugh

And the third one I would have liked to see, is what really happened between Aegnor and Andreth??? I want something more than that vague reference in the Athrabeth scream

EDIT: actually, Galadriel is described as being merciful and understanding and "she withheld her good will from none save Feanor". I know that when I read it, I was a little surprised, because it's not how I pictured Galadriel at all xd  

Edhellos

treythea

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 8:32 am
Feanor/Nerdanel... the sons of Feanor that married.. Fingon/ whoever Gil-galad's mother was... Aegnor/Andreth, most-of-the-Noldor/whoever-they-married...

I'd actually like to know what Tolkien meant about Maedhros, too. o.O eek  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:14 am
I like Maedhros (mostly because I love saying his name xd ) and I adore Amras and Amrod even though they don't even do anything sweatdrop . I really wish there had been more about the relationships between each set of twins.  

TenshinoHikari

treythea

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 9:16 am
TenshinoHikari
I like Maedhros (mostly because I love saying his name xd ) and I adore Amras and Amrod even though they don't even do anything sweatdrop . I really wish there had been more about the relationships between each set of twins.

I don't think I pronouce his name right.. xD I wish Tolkien'd gone into more detail about everything. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:44 am
Russandol
TenshinoHikari

I don't think I pronouce his name right.. xD I wish Tolkien'd gone into more detail about everything. XD

I've always said Mae-thros but I might be wrong. The prounciation guid at the back of The Sil doesn't give a clue on where the accent goes, but it seems to flow better that way.

Anyway, the relationship I've always liked was Thingol and Melian, even though there's an entire chapter dedicated to it. It's always seemed so, Fairie Queenish.  

Elainya

Serni

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 4:22 pm
I also wanted to read more of Galadriel and Celeborn. I was always interested in Galadriel anyway, but I never really felt I knew much about Celeborn's character. I may have just forgotten, but that might be because Tolkien didn't talk about him much. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:10 pm
I would have loved to have more with Finwe and Miriel or Indis. Actually, Indis would be a more interesting story. Or, yes, I'll second (third, forth, whatever) the more on Feanor and his sons.  

Gornwen

Zach McClure

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:51 pm
Gornwen
I would have loved to have more with Finwe and Miriel or Indis. Actually, Indis would be a more interesting story. Or, yes, I'll second (third, forth, whatever) the more on Feanor and his sons.

I've always found it so sad that Miriel died like that in Lothlorien. It's so tragic to know that Elves too, can be weakened by giving life. I am, actually, curious to know more of Indis. How did she feel, always knowing that Finwe loved Indis best? Did she still raise Feanor as her own, or did she do so grudgingly?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:05 pm
Great topic!

As much as Zach has now made me crave info on Finwe and Miriel & Indis, I'd say I'm most curious about Celebrian and Elrond. Actually, I'm pretty much curious about Celebrian.

We know that she was Elrond's wife (and mother to the twins and Arwen), and that she received a poisoned wound while journeying to Lothlorien, but that's about it.

There's so much more I'd like to know, especcially surrounding her relationship with her husband and children, and what exactly she went through with the orcs.

Tolkien
Elladan and Elrohir, were out upon errantry: for they rode often far afield with the Rangers of the North, forgetting never their mother's torment in the dens of the orcs.

If it weren't for this, the appendices would lead me to beleive that Celebrian was simply attacked, wounded, and escaped. Clearly, however, there was more to it than that- something bad enough that her sons could never let it go.

I'm also curious to know how Celebrian and Elrond met. Maybe this is explained somewhere and I simply forgot it? sweatdrop  

Lithwen

Falathrim

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:42 pm
How I missed all this talk on Finwe and his wives, I do not know. You will be pleased to know that Tolkien had intended to write an entire chapter based on the complex relationships between Finwe and his wives. Sadly, Chris did not insert it into the published Silmarillion. It simply went into too much detail; I guess it just did not match the narrative tone of the rest of the Quenta. If you want to read it, look for HoME X: Morgoth's Ring.

Maybe I'll summarize it someday.

Also, the Elven realm of Lothlorien and the gardens of Lorien in Valinor are two completely different places.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:45 am
Sweet, it's in Morgoth's Ring? YAY! I haven't gotten there yet, but yay still, because I can read it eventually then xd  

Zurgi

Gornwen

PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 3:18 pm
Oo?! Morgoth's Ring? (Gives Falathrim a cookie and then runs off to find her copy... reads.)  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:46 pm
>,< I don't have HoME yet.  

Zach McClure

Zurgi

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2005 6:21 am
Aww, you need to get it then xp  
Atalantë - A new beginning

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers