Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply The Gallery
Idiosyncrasy - Kayotics updated again. Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boobies.
  Mmm....
  He's a trap.
View Results

Orphie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:10 pm
User Image
User Image

So, I figured it's about high time that I make a thread for my comic. I know that a lot of you read it (and hopefully enjoy it, ha), so I thought that I'd create a thread for you guys to discuss it.

This thread is here for you guys to discuss the storyline, the characters, speculations, and whatever else you can think of relating to Idiosyncrasy with other readers.

Suggestions are allowed, but please nothing like "can I be a cameo in the story" or "i want a sex scene". I'd like a couple suggestions on story arcs, but you don't have to suggest or think of anything for me.

Questions are also welcome. Keep in mind I won't answer everything! I like to keep some secrets. wink

News

July 1 - Next updates are July 6th and July 13th at noon central time. I'm going to be gone the 5th through the 19th. And I've also got another comic up and running now. :3

February 21 - I updated the Character's page. It now includes Suzanne and Jessica.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:11 pm
FAQ

J of The Wind
What inspired you to make this comic?

Mostly I just wanted to practice comic making. The plot and story isn't anything new, but I wanted something simple that I could roll with. Also, the works of Rumiko Takahashi (creator of Ranma 1/2 and InuYasha) inspired me. Especially Ranma, as that is one of my favorite mangas.

NintendOmega
Are the characters based off of yourself or people you know?

Not intentionally, but as I look at the characters more and more, there's similarities that I find between them and people I know. Little personality quirks mostly. I try to make each of the characters their own person, though. The character that is probably most like me is Ashton. Unfortunately, the character's personalities aren't very well explored at this moment, so you'll have to wait a while to see these things.

J of The Wind
Question:
> HOW U GET SO GOOD GURL?
Lol seriously, do you take art classes or anything, or does this come naturally to you?

A bit of both. I've been drawing since a young age, but I didn't seriously start drawing until about 6th grade, which was five years ago. I was mostly a self-taught artist, but then I took a few art classes in school, which improved my drawing immensely. I can't even tell you how much that helped, and in my drawing class we didn't even learn any anatomy or anything like that. In fact, I don't think we did any human drawings until the last project, which was a realistic drawing. So, I've never professionally studied drawing in the Japanese manga style, but I have taken other art classes.

Ennokni
I have to wonder, if you were such a good student that you had maxed out those academic points thing, would you be allowed in the opposite sex's locker room? I just think that would be the best incentive ever.

Aha, probably not. I actually put that in the comic without really thinking about what I could do with it, and had actually completely forgotten about it. I could totally have loads of fun with that little feature.

l-Kathulu-l
Can you kill me in a comic?

Maybe. If I did that, though, then I'd have to start making death comics for everyone! D:

But we'll see.  

Orphie

The Betgirl

Quotable Genius

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:13 pm
I wanna be in teh comic

omg

cool

So yeah, I love your comic. xD As you might know from all my harassment. >_>

When are you going to talk about those new characters in the banner? D<

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:20 pm
The new character's names will be revealed in the next page.  

Orphie

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:23 pm
I didn't know you had a comic surprised
I'll totally follow it now.

Can I have a cameo during a sex scene? wink  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:24 pm
NintendOmega
I didn't know you had a comic surprised
I'll totally follow it now.

Can I have a cameo during a sex scene? wink
OH YEAH TOTALLY.  

Orphie

Mecca_Fish

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:24 pm
Aside from nameless minor characters, are we supposed to only know that one girl and that one guy pulling a Reggie?

Oh, and in the newest comic, is that the Reggie guy in a bathing suit? Because, he can't hide those in a bathing suit like that. >___>  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:27 pm
I commented before, I like the awesome face you put in one page there.

Still awesome.
3nodding  

TtheHero

Unbeatable Protagonist

29,625 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Waffles! 25
  • Diedrich Supporter 50

Orphie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:29 pm
Mecca_Fish
Aside from nameless minor characters, are we supposed to only know that one girl and that one guy pulling a Reggie?

Oh, and in the newest comic, is that the Reggie guy in a bathing suit? Because, he can't hide those in a bathing suit like that. >___>
More characters will pop up as the story goes on. At the moment, the only characters that you're supposed to know is Ashton and Skyler. The next page will explain the names of two new characters.

Aha, I've already got the bathing suit thing figured out. This question will also be answered in the next page, but that will bring up another question, which will be explained throughout the chapter.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:35 pm
Orphie
Mecca_Fish

More characters will pop up as the story goes on. At the moment, the only characters that you're supposed to know is Ashton and Skyler. The next page will explain the names of two new characters.

Aha, I've already got the bathing suit thing figured out. This question will also be answered in the next page, but that will bring up another question, which will be explained throughout the chapter.

*shudders* I dont' know if I want to know.  

Mecca_Fish

Orphie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:53 pm
Mecca_Fish
Orphie
Mecca_Fish

*shudders* I dont' know if I want to know.
I don't think you have to worry about what you're thinking of. >>  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:15 pm
>>

Anyways I like it. It's pretty funny, and I'd also like to know how the "Reggie" dude will like pull off wearing a swimsuit but still keeping his gender a secret.

Skaeryll

Dangerous Spotter

Hashire Kazemeijin

Distinct Enabler

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:17 pm
I've told yu my opinion on the manga in person, but I'll say it again.

I positively love it. Anxiously awaiting updates.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:19 pm
I love it most because I made IMAGE EDITS dramallama

seriously though, It is awesome and I do check it weekly for updates 3nodding  

teh_n00b_huntr

TooHyphy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 5:24 pm
Everyone should read it because it is awesome and awesome and stuff.  
The Gallery

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff