Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Best/Worst Wii Accessories Award (Nomination) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The_Ky-Guy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:51 pm
Hey, guys. After about two and a half years of playing Wii, I've got to wondering, what do you think are the best and the worst Wii accessories so far? While there have been some great ones, such as the Classic Controller and the Balance Board, there also has been some crap. What will you nominate for the best and worst accessory awards? You can nominate either first or third party accessories.

For the best accessory award, I'm going to nominate the Classic Controller. I know many people may not agree with me, but I personally think it's one of the best accessories for the Wii ever. It's the best thing, in my opinion, for most Virtual Console games, especially SNES and Sega Genesis titles. (Have you ever tried Super Mario World with a Gamecube Controller? It sucks, trust me.) I even preferred it over the Gamecube Controller for the N64 games, especially since I like the thumbsticks on it. I'd definitely recommend this to anybody who downloads Virtual Console games, especially SNES and Sega Genesis ones.

For the worst accessory award. I'm going to nominate the Wii Zapper. While this isn't the worst accessory ever (even being better than a number of other accessories, really), it's really a humongous disappointment. There are only a handful of titles that cater to this accessory so far and setting it up is somewhat tedious. It isn't even set up right; the handle of the gun (not to mention the trigger) is toward the front of the contraption, so it's barely at all like a real gun. In fact, I have to wonder why Nintendo didn't stick with the Prototype Zapper as it's almost definitely a better design. That was a half-assed move, Nintendo.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:03 pm
Actually the prototype zapper is inferior seeing as only one button is easily accessible. 3 isn't much more, but it's definitely an improvement.

For best accessory I'll nominate the nunchak (it counts) or the Wii Wheel.

For worst I'll nominate the Wii Zapper and Balance board.  

Waynebrizzle

marci-parci

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:07 pm
Best= Nunchuck for sure
Worst= Wii Zapper or those lightsaber attachements that don't really do anything  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:09 pm
Serras-Kai
Best= Nunchuck for sure
Worst= Wii Zapper or those lightsaber attachements that don't really do anything
Wii Zapper is awesome >_>  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

Owwin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:09 pm
I like a lot of accessories. I gotta say the nunchuck is the one I use the most.

I hate the Wiimote cover though. It covers up the batteries, it is all rubbery, it messes with the shape, and it looks silly.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:10 pm
NintendOmega
Serras-Kai
Best= Nunchuck for sure

I don't care for it at all. It makes the whole ordeal feel clumsy, and really dosn't do anything.  

marci-parci

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:14 pm
Serras-Kai
NintendOmega
Serras-Kai
Best= Nunchuck for sure

I don't care for it at all. It makes the whole ordeal feel clumsy, and really dosn't do anything.

It might be better for some shooters, but it doesn't fit Umbrella Chronicles at all, which is the only lightgun-y game I have.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:14 pm
Serras-Kai
NintendOmega
Serras-Kai
Best= Nunchuck for sure

Well for most games, yes. But for some games like Resident Evil: Chronicles, It feels awkward not to use it.  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

The_Ky-Guy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:17 pm
Waynebrizzle
Actually the prototype zapper is inferior seeing as only one button is easily accessible. 3 isn't much more, but it's definitely an improvement.

Who said only one button would be easily accessible? Who said that you couldn't hold the thing with two hands, making more buttons easily accessible?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:22 pm
Waynebrizzle
Serras-Kai
NintendOmega
Serras-Kai
Best= Nunchuck for sure

It might be better for some shooters, but it doesn't fit Umbrella Chronicles at all, which is the only lightgun-y game I have.

Nah, I have a few shooters and it never really helps me with anything.  

marci-parci

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:24 pm
The_Ky-Guy
Waynebrizzle

Who said only one button would be easily accessible? Who said that you couldn't hold the thing with two hands, making more buttons easily accessible?

The Z trigger is the only button on the handle, and even thinking of holding the front end with your other hand is instantly awkward. There's also no wire management system in that picture and the wiimote's just hanging out, pretty much waiting to be flung across the room.

I don't care if it looks like the NES zapper. That design was bad and I'm glad they designed one to actually be comfortable instead of retro, even if it did still suck.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:31 pm
Waynebrizzle
The_Ky-Guy
Waynebrizzle

The Z trigger is the only button on the handle, and even thinking of holding the front end with your other hand is instantly awkward. There's also no wire management system in that picture and the wiimote's just hanging out, pretty much waiting to be flung across the room.

I don't care if it looks like the NES zapper. That design was bad and I'm glad they designed one to actually be comfortable instead of retro, even if it did still suck.

They could have improved on the design, you know. They could have used the rubber padding that's on the Wii Wheel to hold the remote in. They also could have added the more buttons to the handle. If they did that instead of using the current the design, the results could've been much better.  

The_Ky-Guy

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:36 pm
The_Ky-Guy
Waynebrizzle
The_Ky-Guy
Waynebrizzle

They could have improved on the design, you know. They could have used the rubber padding that's on the Wii Wheel to hold the remote in. They also could have added the more buttons to the handle. If they did that instead of using the current the design, the results could've been much better.

They did improve on it. That's what the current design is. I just don't think a shell for the wiimote that does nothing but make it "feel" like you're holding a gun is a good idea in the first place. Going naked feels so right with shooter games.

The Wii Wheel, on the other hand, was a great design. There's simply more to grip, all the buttons are accessible, and it feels authentically natural.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:53 pm
Waynebrizzle
The_Ky-Guy
Waynebrizzle
The_Ky-Guy
Waynebrizzle

They did improve on it. That's what the current design is. I just don't think a shell for the wiimote that does nothing but make it "feel" like you're holding a gun is a good idea in the first place. Going naked feels so right with shooter games.

The Wii Wheel, on the other hand, was a great design. There's simply more to grip, all the buttons are accessible, and it feels authentically natural.

That wasn't an "improvement" at all. In fact, it's the antithesis of improvement.

First off, the handle is much better in the back than the front. I've played my share of light gun games and even shot reals guns myself, so I know that. Secondly, setting that thing up is tedious; you have to open a little hatch in the middle of the gun and wrap the nunchuck cord around it, then close it up. For the prototype, the only thing you needed to do, from what I'm guessing out of it, is simply slide it in.  

The_Ky-Guy

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:54 pm
Wayne, you're wrong. WRONG'DZERZZ.

For worst accessory I'm going for anything and everything that is a "sport" attachment. Fake baseball bats, bowling balls, golf clubs, etc.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff