Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Art 'n' Stuff
Lonely Desperado : UPDATED!!!!!! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

My new fanfiction....
  It's good!
  It sucks >_>;
  *Not reading it option*
View Results

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:41 am
Chapters 4 & 5 have been posted
Please ignore the terrible grammatical & spelling errors.

Genre: Fanfiction
Series: Law & Order : Criminal Intent
Rating: Mature
Chapters: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 posted

Lonely Desperado

Detective Robert Goren Fanfiction (Law & Order CI)

--Chapter 1
The music from the dimly lit bar spilled out into the streets of New York City, the tune a jaunting ballad from a popular singer. The bar was busy, but it wasn’t any different from the other nights. After all, it wasn’t really just the drinks that people came here to engross themselves in. Four women, each unique in their own way leaned over the bar counter serving drinks to the eager patrons of this establishment.

Rosaline – “The Princess” was a woman perhaps of her mid twenties she was of Mexican decent and had come to New York with her mother and brother to fight away torment from a poverty ridden upbringing. Her mother became a prostitute, contracting a terrible virus and dying only a year ago. Thus leaving Rosaline to care for her 13 year old brother, who was already heading down a malevolent path. Her role of Princess was quite obvious having spent only a few moments with her. She reeked of the spoiled brat attitude. How could anyone who was consequent of a poverish lifestyle become as such?

Lauralie – “The Eskimo” was a force unlike any other residing at this bar. Her piercing green eyes and hazelnut colored hair cast a welcoming glow to the clientele. Her milky skin covered in a revealing brown Eskimo style jacket and matching shorts as she swayed her hips flirtatiously towards a man leaning over the counter. She was a flirt and quite the harlot. Her boyfriend didn’t care who she ********, as long as she came back to him with cash. He was a druggie, reeling in customers with the well spread legs of his lover.

Desiree – “The Temptress” had skin of dark chocolate brown and eyes that matched its glow. She was a hardcore b***h, through and through. Flirtatious, wild, and manipulating were the adjectives of her life. Tight black leather pants accented her voluptuous legs accented by her well endowed chest covered by a corresponding top.

Devvea – “The Schoolgirl” and the new girl. She’d only been with the group a few weeks and already she’d learned the ropes and had become the highest tipped girl in the establishment. Her long straight blonde hair, glimmering baby blue eyes, and legs that were as glorious as two pillars holding up the statue of a goddess were what kept her on top. Of course, her slight Germanic accent stole that foreign flare that Rosaline had always prided herself on. Her attire was a play on Catholic Schoolgirls. Short plaid skirt, much too tight button up top, chunky heels and school socks up to her knees made up the outfit.

These were the fabulous four, the ladies of “Lonely Desperado”. They worked as bartenders and entertainers for the customers, selling their bodies in a manner of speaking. The costumes they were provided with were bordering on strip club attire but it seemed like none of them or the patrons complained. Well, of course the customers wouldn’t complain. Here they were, young virile men (and sometimes women) coming in after a hard days work for a few relaxing drinks and beautiful women serving the substance by sliding across a wooden bar counter half dressed. It was like a fantasy world for most of them.

In the corner, nestled up against the wall he sat with his head down staring at a glass almost empty. His mind satiated with the events of the past week he’d endured. He’d been through a lot, but he was getting used to that somehow. The last few drops of the alcohol slid down his throat, his neurons firing sending the sensation to his brain. Slowly he placed the glass back on the table, was this really the answer?

“Another?” A soft accented voice spoke towards the man in the corner.

With eyes of dark brown, Detective Robert Goren gazed up from the now empty glass taking in the view of a young blonde haired woman. “Eh, sure” was his simply reply.

The bartender gently nodded her head, took the glass from his table and turned walking back to the bar. Opening a cabinet she removed a bottle of single malt scotch whiskey and began to pour the sweet liquid into the small tumbler glass. Soon returning to his table, she smoothly sat the glass down.

Again, Goren’s eyes met the cerulean eyes of the bartender; they seemed to sparkle in the dim flashing lights around the bar. Her scarlet painted lips curled into a smile, her hands slid to her hips and she leaned in just a little, “Anything else you need?” Her voice articulated delicately.

The male continued to stare into her eyes, her smile was comforting in a way. He started to wonder why he’d even come to this bar, it just reminded him of more work to do. However, this wasn’t the time for that now. “No, thank you.” He stated and picked up the glass waiting for her to walk away before he downed the alcohol quickly. Once more the liquid traveled down his throat; giving him the soothing feeling that imbibing alcohol is meant to provide.

On the opposite side of the bar, the blonde bartender served up more drinks. Her slim body sliding nimbly across the counter as she flirtatiously toyed with their desires. Every now and then, her eyes would slowly trail across the bar towards the man in the corner. The aura of pain surrounding him was all too obvious to her sensitive disposition. As bar keep, she felt it was her duty to consol the patrons of the establishment so after making sure the ones in the front had been taken care of, she sauntered to the table of Detective Goren.

“You’re knocking those back a little quickly aren’t you?” She commented playfully and slipped into the chair across from him.

Robert Goren looked up again, his somber demeanor slightly at ease by the company of a beautiful lady. He took a quick glance back to his drink; maybe a little undercover work would calm his nerves. Breathing the smell of smoke and beer from the bar, he looked up and forced a smile. “Nothing I can’t handle.”

“Heh.” The blonde laughed softly, “Is that right? We’ll I suppose I could be a good girl and get you another glass.” She arose from the chair slowly, her C-cup sized chest protruding slightly as she leaned to stand.

Goren pretended not to notice, but it was a little challenging not to look. He tried to keep his mind set to the mission he’d decided to take upon himself. An investigation from a few months before had lead them to this bar, one of the bartenders boyfriend had been murdered during a drug deal gone south and was also the witness to a Major Case assignment. The case went cold though, after the boyfriend was murdered they’re leads were dead ended. Maybe though, he could pick up a new trail. This blonde girl wasn’t here before, and he doubted that she’d know too much. These girls didn’t seem like they would accept a newcomer so quickly but he’d take his chances anyway. Work really was the last thing he needed to be worried about right now though, but at this point it was all he had.

The fair-haired bartender returned to his table with not only his glass but the bottle too. “Every now and then, we need to drown out the world around us and fade away somewhere more peaceful.” She declared sympathetically placing both onto the table. “Just don’t fall too far from grace.” With that said she turned away from him and went on about serving the waiting patrons at the crowded bar counter.

Her words stopped his thoughts before he was able to express even a statement, he simply watched her as she walked away. His eyes trailed away from her to the bottle, she was right. Sometimes, you really wanted to fade away. And tonight, well it was one of those nights.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:43 am
Chapter Two –

The world had been spinning so fast, only to come to a crashing halt. The whiplash on his heart was too painful to dwell on. There wasn’t a point in just lagging around; if you don’t jump back up and get in the game you’ll lose strength. It didn’t matter what happened to him, Detective Robert Goren picked up the pieces of his shattered world and continued life. Off to work, again like he had so many times before. Walking slowly down a busy street in New York City during the early morning hours; somehow, he found a sense of peace.

His hand found the bar of a glass door and pulled it slowly, a sweet fresh aroma of coffee and breakfast food filled his nostrils. For the past few years, every now and then he’d stop here. A cup of coffee, a refreshing change from the stale tasting crap they had at the office. He approached the counter and placed an order, waiting patiently as his brown eyes gazed around the restaurant. He paused, his eyes catching glimpse of a blonde female sitting in a booth alone. Was that, could it be? Hm...

He turned back to the waitress at the counter, who was now holding his coffee and awaiting payment. He quickly laid the money on the counter, took the coffee and withdrew towards the woman in the booth. Without hesitation, he slid into the booth across from her. “You know, they have the best eggs here.”

The blonde’s eyes quickly darted up towards the man, almost frightened from the sudden interruption as she had been poking gently at a syrup smothered pancake on her plate. “Excuse me?” She inquired raising her eyebrow at the intruder.

“The eggs, they’re really good here. I would have gotten some for myself but I’m not really that hungry.” He smiled at the woman; he’d recognized her as the kind bartender from the Lonely Desperado bar. “Oh, I’m Robert, Robert Goren.” He introduced himself before allowing her to reply about the eggs.

The woman looked around cautiously, confused. “He…ello. Um, I’m Devvea.” She curtly replied still slightly puzzled by the man. “Do I know you?”

Detective Goren laughed, just a little. “Actually, we met at the bar you tend a few weeks ago, Devvea that’s an interesting name. Your accent, its German isn’t it? ”

The blonde, who had introduced herself as Devvea nodded slightly. “Uh…th..yes. Oh, you were the sad guy in the corner. Looks like you’re feeling a lot better now.” She smiled.

“Yes, well…sort of. Bad day, that’s all. The accent, it’s soft though you haven’t been home in a long time.” Goren retorted.

“We all have bad days, if we didn’t life wouldn’t really balance out.” Devvea stated with yet another nod of her head, and then she looked to the side. “No, I’ve not been home in quite a long time. And I don’t plan to either.”

“Why not?”

Devvea’s blue eyes widened at the question. Her mind perplexed by his sudden burst of questions and why it was important that she answer them. “I… My family died a long time ago. There isn’t anything for me there.” She stated honestly.

Her reply seemed to cause a silenced moment, shocking her just a little. “Sorry, perhaps that was too much information?” She questioned with a slight sneer.

“I am sorry, to hear about your family.” The detective said slowly.

“Yours too?” Devvea said compassionately, her smirk fading to an empathetic gaze.

“Huh?”

“I know that look, the one you had at the bar. You lost someone close to you, didn’t you?” She said.

He hesitated for a moment, “Eh, yes my …my mother. She died the night I was visiting the bar, they wouldn’t let me stay at the hospital anymore. But, I have to go.” Goren jiggled his to-go cup of coffee.

Again, Devvea nodded. “Have a good day.”

Detective Goren stood up from the booth and began to walk out the door, he stopped and then spun back around swiftly returning to her table. “Do you come here often?”

Devvea, who had gone back to poking at her pancakes, looked up with a smirk. “Why, is that a pickup line?”

The detective coughed out a laugh, “No, I was curious. I come here often and I’ve never seen you.”

“Well, actually yes. I’m here every morning at this time…unwinding.” She replied.

“Good, maybe I’ll see you again.” He said before turning again and leaving the restaurant.

The next few mornings were a let down, Detective Goren stopped into the same restaurant but to his dismay Devvea didn’t show. The third day, he slowly walked past the door hesitant for a moment then passing completely. No, wait. He turned back and opened the door.

“Now, I’m starting to wonder if you’re stalking me.” Devvea smirked as she too held onto the door, only from the opposite side.

“You lied to me. You weren’t here yesterday.”

“So, you are stalking me.” The blonde said exiting the building through the opened door. She began to walk away from him, heading down the sidewalk.

Goren let go of the door and quickly caught up to her. “No, not stalking. Just…looking for some friendly ground.”

“Friendly ground?” Devvea questioned.

Goren glanced back behind them towards the restaurant then forward and back to her face, leaning down a little. “So, where were you?”

“Curious little stalker.” Devvea snapped back.

“I’m sorry, am I obtrusive?”

“No, I’m just a b***h.” She laughed.

“b***h isn’t the word I would have chosen.” Goren smiled back to her.

The two continued to walk down the street, a block or two further from the restaurant. Then Devvea stopped and turned towards a tall building.

“You live…here? Do you walk all the way to the bar and back everyday?”

Taking a set of keys out of her pocket she nodded in response. “Yep, everyday…that I work that is.” She shot a wink back at him and began up the concrete steps towards the front door of the tall apartment building. “And now, my stalker knows where I live. Should I be scared?”

“You don’t have anything to be afraid of.” Goren said as he watched her disappear into the apartment building. He stood outside for a few moments, then finally turned and began to finish his trek to work.

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:44 am
Chapter Three-

In the weeks that followed, the two met up at the eatery each day when Devvea was scheduled to work. They’d have breakfast together, chat about this and that, and then Goren being a polite gentleman would walk her home. It became almost ritualistic.
Detective Robert Goren shared his career history, including his past in the military and his previous narcotics duty. He regaled her with stories about him and his best friend, and partner Alexandra Eames. Even in an emotional breakfast, he broke down and conveyed the story of his mother and her battle with mental illness.

Devvea sat across from him in the diner, intently listening to all of his stories, as a good friend should. She laughed when the time called for it, replied straightforwardly when she felt the need, and even embraced her new friend when the reality got too brutal.

She even revealed to him her history. She explained how she had grown up in a small German town, how she always had the urge to get out of there and as soon as she was old enough she did. She took a job at a major German corporation far from home; she attended a good school and was starting to make a good life for herself. Then, when she was 27-years old she got the news that a disaster had happened at home and it was the fault of her current employer. Devvea rushed back to her hometown to find homes burnt to the ground and the murdered bodies of her mother and father. Her brother, who was about half her age was no where to be found. For the first time, now 6 years later, she found it emotional.

Robert listened without doubt, just as good friend should and consoled her when she cried for the first time in her entire life.

Their morning reunions had become something they both looked forward each and everyday. This particular morning though, Devvea hesitated before opening the front door of the building.

“Bobby?” She said turning slowly back towards him.

His eyebrows raised and he took a few steps forward. “Yes?”

“I…don’t work tonight. I was wondering if you didn’t already have plans perhaps you’d like to come over for dinner?” Devvea was extending an invitation ever so cautiously.

The detective smiled, softly. “Of course. That sounds great. What time?”

“Well I normally sleep until 3:00 and I’m sure you don’t get off until late but…maybe 7:00?” The accent in her voice suggested nervousness.

“It sounds great.” He accepted the invitation and watched her disappear beyond the door but returning only a few moments later.

“Apartment 16b.”

Detective Goren made it through his day, quickly. Even his partner took notice of his eagerness to escape the headquarters. Suspicious, but Eames remained unspoken. Whatever Goren was up to…it was probably best left concealed.

A swift knocking on Devvea’s front door pulled her from her calming bath. Her blue eyes quickly darting to a clock on the wall of the small room. The hour hand pointed solidly at the six while the smaller minute hand was just striking the three. “6:15?” She questioned to herself. The blonde rose from the bath and promptly wrapped a long blue bathrobe around her nude body. Slipping on a pair of plushy slippers she exited the bathroom and approached the door cautiously. “Hello?” Her voice called through the white closed door.

The familiar voice on the other end called back, causing her to smile and shake her head. Opening the door leisurely she laughed at the tall man standing on the other side. “You know, you’re an hour early?” She questioned.

Robert smiled back to her. “I couldn’t help it.” He entered the apartment but turned his head away from her, trying to avoid staring at the bathrobe clad woman.

“Just excuse me for a moment…” Devvea stated vanishing through a door into her bedroom.

Detective Goren stood for just a moment in the middle of her kitchen, but he couldn’t stand still for too long. He quickly began to maneuver around the room. He instantly took notice of the empty pot on the stove with a box of spaghetti noodles right next to it. A can of pasta sauce and a baguette of Italian bread rested not far off. It was an instant assumption that was their dinner. His wandering continued, ending up in her tiny living room. He immediately took notice of the lack in books, aside from one “The Great Gatsby” which was being used to level a coffee table. Everything in the room was small. The television, not even 13 inches, the couch perhaps could seat two people but it would be a squeeze. To someone on the outside, he might have looked like a giant trapped in a doll house. Robert bent down, taking the book from under the coffee table, just as he was brushing a little dust from the cover he heard the bedroom door open.

Devvea turned the corner into her living room and smirked at the kneeling man. “Now look, you broke it.” She pointed a long finger at the table.

His eyes trailed from the book to the woman. Her casual red dress was perfectly fitting, a slit on the right side revealed just enough leg to be considered sexy. It was then that he realized he’d never seen her dressed in anything but her school girl work uniform and a coat. Then there was the bathrobe before hand. He quickly placed the book on the now inclined table. “You… look amazing.”

Slightly blushing, but hardly enough to be noticed, Devvea turned away. “Well, thank you. I’m sorry; I’ve not even started cooking.” She didn’t even take a moment to revel in the compliment; she went straight to the kitchen and began to fill the pot from the stove with water.

Goren followed her slowly, after watching her for a few moments he approached her and offered to help. Dinner, which was a simple recipe, was quickly completed and placed on the small 2-person table in her kitchen. The two sat at the table, enjoying the dinner they’d prepared together. After their pasta dinner, the two retired to the living room to watch a quite interesting documentary on Hitler Germany which inadvertently ended up in the two of them having a battle of Word Association in the German language. Devvea was quite impressed with his fluent speech in various languages and found his stories of the past gripping. Goren enjoyed the company of Devvea and her laugh always seemed to bring a smile to his own face. As the night grew into early morning, the two found themselves falling asleep on the floor after finishing Chapter Six of “The Great Gatsby”.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 10:15 pm

Rini.. This story is gripping! There are a couple of spelling errors, like decent should be descent and couple-a others. But, I love the story line. I am curious to see where this heads to. I am suspicious of Dev neutral

This is just a suggestion, but, when you described the fantastic four or fabulous four... maybe you could've described them with the flow of the story rather than giving their profile like.. profile..

Am I making sense? xd

Anyways.. all in all.. This is good! I want more of it. Post soon!!!

JanNut

5,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:45 am
JanNut

Rini.. This story is gripping! There are a couple of spelling errors, like decent should be descent and couple-a others. But, I love the story line. I am curious to see where this heads to. I am suspicious of Dev neutral

This is just a suggestion, but, when you described the fantastic four or fabulous four... maybe you could've described them with the flow of the story rather than giving their profile like.. profile..

Am I making sense? xd

Anyways.. all in all.. This is good! I want more of it. Post soon!!!

sweatdrop Yeah, I know. That's why I hate posting things online. People always want to point out the grammatical mistakes.

And the way the story is written is on purpose. It's supposed to be biographical with the four characters. sweatdrop It's the way I wanted that written. >_>;;

®îñíÏkãtå®û

If nobody sees you cry, you can say it was raining outside.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:29 am

Oh dear.. I didn't mean to be nitpicky sweatdrop I swear sweatdrop

It really is good biggrin I just gave ya suggestions. Just bump em away if it seems inappropriate biggrin

JanNut

5,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:38 am
It's okk. >_<; Most of the time when I write something in a strange way, it was meant to be that way. >_<; I suppose call it my own creative flare?

®îñíÏkãtå®û

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:18 am

He he. Gotcha biggrin

JanNut

5,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:28 pm
*waits for more* surprised No, seriously, you do a good job of making the reader want to know what happens next. And I like the little details you add to descriptions to tell about the characters.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:22 pm
purpleravenhawk
*waits for more* surprised No, seriously, you do a good job of making the reader want to know what happens next. And I like the little details you add to descriptions to tell about the characters.
Thank you. :3

®îñíÏkãtå®û

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:44 pm
Chapter Four -

A few weeks passed by, a second dinner rendezvous kept their friendship fresh from the monotonous breakfasts. Though one morning, Goren didn’t show. It was a shock to Devvea; he’d always shown up before. In the months that they’d been hanging out, he’d never missed a day. Perhaps, he was just busy. She wrote it off and continued on about her life as she had before she met him. Another day, two then three passed by and she didn’t see her detective friend. Perhaps… he was just busy. She told herself once again. It wasn’t until the first weekend came to pass that she started to wonder if she’d done something wrong, somehow made him angry and distrust her. Truth to be told, Robert Goren was the first real friend she’d ever had. Of course, she was sure she had friends in school but she just couldn’t remember them. Then in the working world, she had a few boyfriends however, all of that was just a mess. There wasn’t any of them she’d felt so connected with or shared so much of her own self to. Bobby was different than anyone she’d ever met. She cherished their friendship, even if that’s all they’d ever have.

She stood in her living room, staring down at a stack of books he’d brought to her the last time he’d visited. She couldn’t help but to let out a hearty laugh. Oh, how he thought it a shame she hadn’t any books in her house. He’d even supplied her with a new table, one that was level and didn’t need “The Great Gatsby” to hold it up. She turned her head from the table, her sapphire hued eyes now gazing out the open window of her living room. It had been two weeks, two weeks without seeing his face or hearing his voice. Why were her thoughts so deeply winding around their friendship? She’d never cared so much about seeing anyone before; it was like a new feeling that rushed over her body each and every time she thought about their encounters.

“What the ******** is wrong with me…” The blonde said boisterously to herself as her hand gently rose to her forehead.

She tried to sleep, but it seemed as if her mind just wasn’t going to let this one go. How stupid this all was, getting worked up over someone. She wasn’t even this fixated on Porter when they dated. Then again, their entire relationship was based on the primal nature of sex and very little true emotions. Plus, it turned out he was married. Damn him, that a** didn’t even have the decency to fill her in on that one little detail until he’d left his wife to be with her. What an a*****e. …. Devvea quickly shot up in bed, what if Bobby was married? Well, it wasn’t like the two of them were dating or even having sex. They’d hugged a few times, but that’s really all. It wouldn’t be like he was cheating, they were in all honesty simply good friends. Then another thought struck her mind, what if something bad had happened to him? He was, after all a police officer. Their jobs were notorious for being dangerous.

The sleep proved uneventful, she hardly got any at all. Finally, once she’d arisen from bed, showered and dressed for work she made a decision to leave a bit early and travel out of her way to make a visit. Perhaps, this wasn’t smart but she needed to do it anyway. Devvea awaited a bus, something she rarely did. But this time, she wasn’t heading to work or the little diner where she and Bobby had their breakfast.

Devvea slowly stepped out of the large and rowdy bus onto an even more raucous street. New York City really wasn’t what she considered a peaceful place; it was unlike her small town back in Germany. Nevertheless, there was something about this place that she enjoyed. Her blue eyes gazed upward, the large buildings hovering high over her. This city was just a bunch of tall buildings one right after another, and yet they still didn’t seem to have enough room. She searched around for a moment, obviously, by the police cars and multiple people wandering around in a more law enforcement fashion signified that she was in the right place. Entering a large building, she quickly found a guide on the wall pointing out the floor of each division. She memorized the floor number for the Major Case branch and boarded an elevator.

The elevator was quick, and to her delight empty. Devvea stepped out of the elevator. Her long taupe-colored coat, closed tightly over her clothing, hid the fact she was scantly dressed in a school girl’s uniform. She stepped lightly across the glossy floor leading into an area where multiple desks scattered the floor. Absolutely no one here looked familiar, and it seemed quite a few were staring at her. A feeling of apprehension swept through her body, maybe this wasn’t such a good idea. She was about to turn away, head back to the elevator and leave when a voice spoke towards her.

“Can I help you?” The female voice spoke out.

Devvea’s blue eyes looked down, just a little towards a blonde haired woman who was a few inches shorter than herself. “I’m ….I’m looking for detective Robert Goren.”

“He isn’t here.” The woman said sharply, almost as if she had something against Devvea asking the question.

“Oh…” Devvea’s voice yielded a somber tone. “Thank you…”

“Is everything all right?” The woman spoke, her face showing slight concern.

This conversation really wasn’t going anywhere, now was it? Devvea closed her eyes and nodded gently. “Everything is fine; I was simply worried about him.”

“About Detective Goren?” The woman questioned and then looked around the room cautiously. “Why don’t you come with me?”

Slightly confused, Devvea followed the blonde haired woman into a room off to the side. The woman ushered Devvea to take a seat, so she did. “Has something happened to Bobby?” Devvea said suddenly worried more than she had been when she’d arrived.

The blonde woman eyed Devvea cautiously for a moment. “I’m Detective Eames, Detective Goren’s partner. Do you know, Detective Goren?”

Devvea’s eye brow raised a little, of course she knew Goren. She wouldn’t have asked if she didn’t. She slowly nodded again. “Yes, I haven’t spoken to him in over two weeks. I was very worried about him.”

Detective Eames nodded in return. “I see. Detective Goren is on personal leave from the force. I’m unsure when he’ll be returning. You can always check his home, or call his cell phone.” She explained knowing that if Devvea really was a friend she probably already would have done those things.

“Oh.” Was Devvea’s simple reply. She quickly regained her composure and got up from the chair which she’d been sitting in. “Thank you, very much Detective Eames.”

With that, Devvea exited the building and began her trek to work. Her mind played over the conversation with Detective Eames multiple times, personal leave? Was he ok? Did something happen? Was it true, he was married and something happened to his wife…his children? Really, Devvea was starting to realize more and more that she wasn’t a good of a friend as she thought.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:45 pm
Chapter Five -

The next few days, Devvea continued her life as usual the way she’d done before she met Robert Goren. What other choice did she really have? At least she knew that he wasn’t dead, she was confident that his partner would have told her that. One more week passed by, Devvea tried her best to keep her mind off Goren and on her work alone.

Work, which was something she really was starting to despise. Something wasn’t right there. She already knew about the drugs and prostitution that went on with Lauralie, which sure as hell wasn’t kept a secret from anyone. Lately though, it felt like everyone but her knew something. She just wished she wasn’t feeling so left out.

Devvea had left work for the day and headed towards the diner where she always had breakfast. She stopped, her hand resting on the handle of the diner door. Something churned in the pit of her stomach and she let go of the door and turned away. She picked up walking again; she just didn’t want to go there. The diner’s food was good, that wasn’t the problem. She just, didn’t feel like eating today. As she turned the corner, she heard a voice call out her name. For a moment, she ignored it. No one in this city really knew her or would be coming to talk to her …except… With that slight hesitation, Devvea finally turned around to see Robert Goren walking briskly towards her. The blonde’s mouth sat agape with shock as he came to a stop right in front of her.

“Devvea…hi.” The detective stated with a slight smile.

She wasn’t really that sure how to react, though she nodded and turned away from him continuing to walk towards her apartment.

“Devvea…..I….I’m sorry I didn’t tell you I was leaving.” He called out catching up to her, his head craning around her cutting her off.

She stopped yet again, but only for a moment “That would have been nice.”

“If I’d told you what I was doing, you might have worried more.”

By this point, Devvea had reached her apartment building. She stopped on the steps and turned back towards Goren, who was following her efficiently.

“Eames, she told me you came by, she’s mad at me to. I don’t blame either of you, but I… I didn’t have a choice. The two of you… are all that I have. I will not make excuses, but I want you to know that I am sorry.” The detective explained as he stood on the sidewalk looking up towards Devvea.

Never taking her eyes off him, she sighed. The tone of his voice, the poignant look glimmering in his eyes called forth to her heart. “Bobby…I thought the most terrible things about you. I thought you didn’t…” She stopped and looked around slowly. “Maybe we should talk about this some other time. I don’t think the street is the best place for this.”
“I waited for you, at the diner but you didn’t come in. I’m not going back into work until tomorrow, so I wanted to talk to you while I had the chance.” Goren explained.

Devvea turned, opened the door to the building then looked back at him. “Come on up, we can talk in here.”

Goren followed her into the building and up to her apartment, 16b. Once they’d entered the apartment, he looked around laughing to himself a little. The stack of books he’d given her rested in a neat pile in the corner. He waited for Devvea to put her coat down then the two took a seat on her couch. Goren instantly began his explanation of the past few weeks. He told her how he’d been worried about his brother’s son and how he’d gone undercover not once but twice. Both times ending up worse off than he was going in. He apologized, who knows how many times, for not telling her where he was or keeping in contact. He even said, he didn’t think she cared enough to be worried about him. Devvea, as always, listened intently and once he’d finished his explanation she hugged him.

“Of course I was worried about you; I really thought we were good friends.” She said letting go of him and leaning back on the couch.

“We are friends; I actually… couldn’t help myself thinking about you while I was gone.” He confessed.

A cute smile spread across Devvea’s face. “Is that right? What…you couldn’t take you mind off this horrid skimpy outfit?” She joked pointing down at the short skirt which covered her lower half.

Goren couldn’t help but let out a laugh. “Well, that too.”

Shocked by the affirmation, Devvea laughed as well. “You know, I’ve never met anyone like you Bobby. You really are one of a kind.” She finally said once she’d finished her short laughter.

The two spent another few hours chatting, and then headed out to their usual diner for lunch where they joked and chatter more for another hour or two. Finally, Devvea spoke up explaining that she had to take a nap before having to go back to work. So, they parted ways again, the same way they had weeks before. It was the first peaceful sleep Devvea had achieved in weeks.

In the month that followed, Devvea and Goren continued their friendship just as it had been before. Morning meetings at the diner, sometimes the occasional rendezvous at each others home. Just two friends spending quality time together. Devvea realized her time with Goren was the happiest she’d ever been. It was weird how one person could make you feel whole for the first time in your life.

One morning, Robert explained to Devvea that for a few days or perhaps more he might not be able to spend so much free time with her. His old mentor had come back into town, and there were some issues that needed to be taken care of. Devvea, once again being the good friend, offered her support and clarified that she would always respect his work and its priority over their time together. Grateful for her support, Goren bid her farewell and began his own journey towards work.

It was a good week before Devvea saw Goren again, though she remained calm. At least this time, he’d told her he wouldn’t be around. She really wished that she could help him in some way, but really what could she do when it came to homicide investigation? One morning, he showed up again at the diner. His eyes held even more pain from the last time she’d seen him. Whatever was going on in his life now, whatever it was he wasn’t telling her was really starting to take a toll on him. There wasn’t any doubt about that. Though she wanted to know, she tried hard not to pry into his personal life too much. She really didn’t want to end up pushing away her only friend. They talked, only a little then parted ways. Devvea went to bed slightly saddened at their lack of communication. Maybe one day, he’d open up like he had before. She just had to be patient.

Ikataru

Fluffy Bunny

JanNut

5,950 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:37 am

I read it the day you updated.. but wasn't able to leave you a comment.. Lovely <3 wanna see how this goes on to ^______^

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:18 am
JanNut

I read it the day you updated.. but wasn't able to leave you a comment.. Lovely <3 wanna see how this goes on to ^______^

Thank you. :3
I'll try to have it completed soon. I've been fairly busy lately with orders from my shop. <3 I'm about half-way through the next chapter. xD

®îñíÏkãtå®û

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:50 pm
I finally completed it:

Link to the rest of my fanfiction ♥ ♥

®îñíÏkãtå®û

Art 'n' Stuff

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff