Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:39 am
This thread is for anyone to state something they miss anything game related that isn't done anymore or rarely with results varying.

I miss box covers that looked like the company put as much work into the box cover as they did the game.

Some examples and yes I know they are all games made by Konami for the Super Nintendo.
User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

The games are Contra III The Alien Wars, Gradius III, Super Castlevania IV, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Turtles in Time in that order.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:29 am
u forgawt goemon

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.<******** yess-ah

I miss 8-/16-/32-bit games. They had a distinct simplicity to them that I really appreciated, and they really put an eye to quality back then; they couldn't win you over with flashy graphics or score, so they had to make the game good.  

5ir Psycho 5exy

Dude-LAP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:31 pm
Yeah, I miss the original and depth-packed game covers also. And come to think of it, the back game covers nowadays don't even show as much information as they used to.

...and awesome Ninja Turtles cover. razz  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:41 pm
Dude-LAP
Yeah, I miss the original and depth-packed game covers also. And come to think of it, the back game covers nowadays don't even show as much information as they used to.

I know, I hate how it's all screencaps now. It's like, if we're gonna play the game, we're gonna see these anyway, so why not give us something awesome on the case to tempt us?

I miss the whole SNES era. Games were so easy to make back then, almost every movie, TV show, or commercial had one. I mean, the 7up spot and Chester Cheetah had their own games! I think Chester had two!  

5ir Psycho 5exy

Dude-LAP

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:52 pm
-Zephyrotica-
Dude-LAP

I know, I hate how it's all screencaps now. It's like, if we're gonna play the game, we're gonna see these anyway, so why not give us something awesome on the case to tempt us?

I miss the whole SNES era. Games were so easy to make back then, almost every movie, TV show, or commercial had one. I mean, the 7up spot and Chester Cheetah had their own games! I think Chester had two!

Yep, the 90s were the best.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:56 pm
Tell you what I don't miss though.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

xd  

5ir Psycho 5exy

Supersephiroth7

Interesting Codger

3,400 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:57 pm
-Zephyrotica-
Tell you what I don't miss though.

xd
I was going to say the same XD  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:13 pm
Bad box art?

Dude-LAP

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:33 pm
What about this one?
User Image

Whenever I get this game, I'm tempted to pay extra and get the box with it. XD  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:45 pm
Kickass instruction manuals.  

Allegro

5ir Psycho 5exy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:46 pm
Dude-LAP
Bad box art?

xd

That reminds me of the Goemon's Great Adventure Game Over screen.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:00 pm
Zephyrkitty
What about this one?
User Image

Whenever I get this game, I'm tempted to pay extra and get the box with it. XD

...What's with that guy playing a banjo?  

Delta Machine

wariodude128

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 6:13 pm
I miss the days when a system didn't need to have a game with a mature rating on it to be thought of as a good system. To be fair though, the ESRB didn't come into existence until the mid-90s if my info is correct. Speaking of which, I somewhat miss the days when people gave a s**t about what Jack Thompson had to say about violent games brainwashing people to kill in real life. Flowers for Jack be damned. The last thing I miss is when you could find the battery(ies) for your portable game system pretty much wherever electronics were sold. Ever since the introduction of lithium batteries for your GBASP, it's been hard to find the battery from somewhere without buying the damned thing from Nintendo itself. This includes the DS as well. I haven't asked around for replacement batteries for my DS yet, so I don't know if the situation is any better now than it was some years ago. If you agree with some or all of this, please quote.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:41 pm
You know what I miss? GOOD POKEMON CONSOLE GAMES.

Like the Pokemon Stadium games. stare  

Rargon

GrowingDandelion

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:08 pm
Rargon
You know what I miss? GOOD POKEMON CONSOLE GAMES.

Like the Pokemon Stadium games. stare

I still have the one for the 64, but if you try to steal it from me, my little brother will scratch your limbs to useless shreds in the process (he's a huge pokemon fan). But yeah, the little mini-games on it were cute. *sings the little song in head*

wariodude128
I miss the days when a system didn't need to have a game with a mature rating on it to be thought of as a good system.

And that is so true. "DA Wii IS A BAYBEEE SYSTEM!!! IT HAS ALL KIDDY GAMEZ!!!! BUY A XBOX, LUZER!!"

*hits braindead idiot to the ground* Yeah, God forbid we should actually have a game that doesn't involve shooting some steroid abuser's head off with an AK-47 numerous times. xp Okay, some of the M rated games aren't bad, (e.g. Primal), but nowadays . . . .

"Quick! The red team is invading! *gunfire* Yay! We won!"

(BTW, did you know that they used those video kind of violent war games to deaden the soldiers before sending them out to battle?)

So yeah, what I miss is the creativity on the whole front. What did they do? Run out of story ideas at the board meeting? All I see so far in the PS3 section is 70-80% sports/wrestling games, war games, and movie games.

And even though there's a helluva lot of Mario in Nintendo, the storylines are usually entertaining.

I also remember when you bought systems they used to be well put-together pieces of machinery that didn't break easily and you didn't really have to worry too much about it. Nowadays, you have to pretty much treat them like a living being.

"No! Wii doesn't like it when it's on the floor! And when you leave the game in, it makes it grumpy!"

stare Right . . . . .

Oh, and CARTIDGES!!!!! They were so hard to break, or destroy that you could make a house out of them if you wanted to. Seriously, they made excellent stacking blocks. biggrin (And you could get a lite brite out of it with a butterknife. No harm done!) And the "Do Not Blow Into Cartridge" warning was always more of a friendly suggestion, even though it was the only way to get your game to work.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff