Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Monster Hunter Tri (3) Wii Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dune shade

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:01 am
Hey everyone, I was wondering if someone had some more information on the third installement of the Monster Hunter series? It is going to be for Wii only, you will be able to have two players on the same Wii console, there will be co-op play via the nintendo Wi-fi tool.

For a little more information here is a link to an interview
http://wii.ign.com/articles/919/919115p1.html

Please post any further information about the game Thank you...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:05 am
I have a question about it that I'm too lazy to investigate so I'll just ask it here.

Can you play online with two people on the same console?  

Waynebrizzle

SylFariun

Distinct Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:06 am
YES! I can finally shout at people for their screw up in the missions! I so can't wait for this to come out.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 3:43 pm
Dune shade
Hey everyone, I was wondering if someone had some more information on the third installement of the Monster Hunter series? It is going to be for Wii only, you will be able to have two players on the same Wii console, there will be co-op play via the nintendo Wi-fi tool.

For a little more information here is a link to an interview
http://wii.ign.com/articles/919/919115p1.html

Please post any further information about the game Thank you...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monster_Hunter_3_(tri-)

It would be nice to include the GCN controller since they included the Classic Controller, but if they don't Wii Mote it is.  

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Owwin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 4:19 pm
This is the Japanese website. It doesn't have a lot of English information, but the pictures tell a lot.
my assumptions about what each page is saying.
Page 1: Words.
Page 2: The new featured small, medium, and XTREME sized monsters.
Also a new Page 2-2. That continues on monsters.
Page 3: Aren't our graphics pretty on ze Wii?
Page 4: New villages, because that is where you build your stuff.
Page 5: -Different species of enemies will now attack each other. (I only know that from interviews I saw.)
-New underwater enemies (Sharks BITCHIN!) for the new underwater gameplay?
-I don't know what that could be saying.
-Melnyx and Felnyx are back To steal your s**t, hurt you, or help you if you pay them, because they are annoying little shits!
Page 6: Showcasing armor and the weapon types?
Page 7: Showcasing the new swimming and torch game mechanics?
Page 8: Controls! Nothing about classic controller compatibility though. Could have sworn I heard something about that. There is also stuff about monster difficulties and weapon types.
Page 9: Kick a** video!
Page 10: Um SAMPLE?

Oh and this video show some of the new monsters and if you are new to the series he shows every old monster from 3:03 to about 3:40 in the video.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:49 pm
Can someone tell me some things about Monster Hunter games in general since I'm thinking of getting this game when it comes out and I don't like wasting money on game like I did with Bleach Shattered Blade and FFCC My Life as a King.

Preset Characters or Custom Characters?
What you usually do in the game.
How fun is the game by yourself, I don't like playing with others on a game I don't know how to play yet.

Those are what I'm only wondering about everything else I will base on how they present it and from that video it was spot on.  

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Owwin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:01 pm
KyuubiNaruto4
Can someone tell me some things about Monster Hunter games in general since I'm thinking of getting this game when it comes out and I don't like wasting money on game like I did with Bleach Shattered Blade and FFCC My Life as a King.

How fun is the game by yourself, I don't like playing with others on a game I don't know how to play yet.

Those are what I'm only wondering about everything else I will base on how they present it and from that video it was spot on.
You start with a base male or base female character, you choose the face, hair color, and skin color, and then you can dress them up in whatever armor and weapons you obtain. I think you can dye the armor now too.

In the game you go on hunting and gathering missions. You mainly go out, kill monsters, carve useful pieces from them, and use those to build armor and weapons. You can also mine and fish. You need to keep your weapon's sharpness up, you eat so you don't lose stamina, and the hunts sometimes last a long time.

The game starts out with you doing easy gathering missions, and hunting weak monsters. The first 5 missions are usually a big tutorial. Then you get on to the large monsters like wyverns that are like boss fights all on their own. I have a lot of fun playing alone, but that is because I like to memorize the attack patterns of the monsters and fight them like you do most bosses. You can easily pick up the game in single player before you go online.

This is a Wikia article about the weapon types and how to use them.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 10:05 pm
Owwin
KyuubiNaruto4

You start with a base male or base female character, you choose the face, hair color, and skin color, and then you can dress them up in whatever armor and weapons you obtain. I think you can dye the armor now too.

In the game you go on hunting and gathering missions. You mainly go out, kill monsters, carve useful pieces from them, and use those to build armor and weapons. You can also mine and fish. You need to keep your weapon's sharpness up, you eat so you don't lose stamina, and the hunts sometimes last a long time.

The game starts out with you doing easy gathering missions, and hunting weak monsters. The first 5 missions are usually a big tutorial. Then you get on to the large monsters like wyverns that are like boss fights all on their own. I have a lot of fun playing alone, but that is because I like to memorize the attack patterns of the monsters and fight them like you do most bosses. You can easily pick up the game in single player before you go online.

This is a Wikia article about the weapon types and how to use them.

Dual Swords here I come, hope the stance isn't that gay looking one I've seen in too many games.  

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Owwin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:06 pm
KyuubiNaruto4
Dual Swords here I come, hope the stance isn't that gay looking one I've seen in too many games.
You are gonna have to learn attack patterns like crazy, or fight with a team. Dual Swords are a combo weapon, and hit and run tactics are harder to do.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:45 am
Owwin
KyuubiNaruto4
You are gonna have to learn attack patterns like crazy, or fight with a team. Dual Swords are a combo weapon, and hit and run tactics are harder to do.

If I can do the same thing I did with Lloyd on ToS, not Dawn of the New World, I won't have to worry much.  

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:11 am
I always liked the buster sword since you could pretty much knock the s**t out of any monster.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:42 am
So... Is this game Wii Speak compatible?  

Super Cheesio

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:40 am
Super Cheesio

A quote from http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_3

"Online chat will consist of Pre-made messages, controller-chat or usb-keyboard support, a wii speak has been released and might be used in MH3."

So status of Wii Speak being used is a maybe, right now. Until Capcom confirms the use of Wii Speak we won't know.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:42 am
KyuubiNaruto4
Super Cheesio

A quote from http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Monster_Hunter_3

"Online chat will consist of Pre-made messages, controller-chat or usb-keyboard support, a wii speak has been released and might be used in MH3."

So status of Wii Speak being used is a maybe, right now. Until Capcom confirms the use of Wii Speak we won't know.
Yay! USB keyboard support!  

Super Cheesio

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:42 am
They'd be stupid not to.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items