Submit

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:05 am
The above will be said more than once in the game.

Our review today is on one of the better M-rated games to come out on the Wii since No More Heroes (and probably one of the only). Our review today is:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
MADWORLD
(Wow, great pic)

---

In this game, you play Evil Dead Wonder if anyone gets that reference Aficionado Jack. Just Bjorn's Jack. He is sent to get to the bottom of the operation going on in the Death Watch games. Within the game, you're killing people. Lots and lots of people. Through jet engines, locomotives, 'rose bushes', giant dart boards, saw traps, you name it. Not all kills are equal though, as you are scored based on the kill.

This kill wont net you too many points....

...this kill, however, will likely garner more points

It always helps to hit someone with a trash can. You can them, you shove a pole in their neck, and all you have to do is FINISH HIM. I prefer the rose bush, personally. Not only is it fun to swing the wiimote over and over and over until they stay in there, but it's also very relaxing. In a very morbid way.

The controls look confusing as ******** on paper. They couldnt be simpler in practice. Especially since it's right there in front of you as you play. That segues me into my next topic....the graphics.

Dont get me wrong, the presentation of the graphics is very ... er unique. My mom called it 'playing a drawing', but the presentation was unique, even if it's been done before. Black and white clashes way better with blood, which is obviously the main point of the game. Violence. Blood. Etc.

There is a slight (major) problem with one thing, though. It's only a problem with an outdated (Read: Not HD) TV. The text is BLURRY AS ********. This is the exact same problem that Dead Rising had on the 360, but the difference is that the Wii has minimal HD capabilities and the 360...well...

Seriously, what the ******** src="https://graphics.gaiaonline.com/images/s.gif" alt="User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show." title="User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show." class="bbcode-swap-blocked-image" rel="https://www.wiitalia.it/screenshots/cache/mad-world-6/mad-world-6-wii_008.jpg_592.jpg" />
Thankfully, the game isnt very text heavy...

That aside, this game has everything. A story, a badass hero character, an evil coorperation, and probably a few screwjobs here and there. Oh, and titties. Lots of wiggly titties.

From the same chick, but I'll take them if they keep jiggling cool

One of the major selling points to the game is the commentary team. Bender and Greg Proops of Whose Line is it Anyway? fame. They both deliver us such gems as:

Bender: "Killed with a caution sign, thats kind of ironic."

Proops: "What's so ironic about it?"

Bender: "Oh did I say ironic? Because I meant ******** AWESOME"

and

Proops(who plays a sex crazed gimmick...hopefully just a gimmick.... )"No means yes and yes means a**l"

And my personal favorite:

Bender: "You know, those Happy Pills are amazing when you inject them into the folds of your scrotum."

Proops: "I'll give you a dollar if you can tell me one thing that isn't better when injected into the folds of your scrotum."

The commentary alone gives this game the hilarity that is needed when you have a game this ******** talking about it, I'm going to play it again! mad

Giving this game a 9. GO ******** BUY IT.

As long as you are over 18....this public service announcement brought to you by Decavolty

The name you trust

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 3:44 am
Game's short enough to rent.
Aside from that, thumbs up.  

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

nerdyninja

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:14 am
Now I have to sneak this past my parents...
TO PLAY N' TRADE
or I'll just play it when is retro confused  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:27 am
You had me at titties. cool

And I do get the reference.  

teh emoogle boy

Steadfast Browser

5,150 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:32 pm
Kuzodav

Ah, but if we want more games like this, it's a good idea to support them.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:51 pm
Teh AK
Kuzodav

BUY THE GAME NEW
NOW  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:15 pm
Meta_Fish
Teh AK
Kuzodav

BUY THE GAME NEW
NOW

THIS! scream  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:29 pm
PIRATE THIS!  

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:43 pm
The game really is short, but it has a decent amount of replay value. I'm finding out all sorts of stuff I didn't catch in the first play through.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:53 pm
Meta_Fish
Teh AK
Kuzodav

BUY THE GAME NEW
NOW

I'm trying D:  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

[Mr. Moo]

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:04 pm
I am definitely excited about this.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:38 pm
I will pay someone to kill this guy.

"[Nintendo has] shed its family friendly reputation with MadWorlds release. The release of MadWorld for the Wii brings violent videogames to a once family-friendly platform.In MadWorld, gamers use the Wii Remote to make the necessary physical actions to chainsaw an opponent in half, impale an enemy with a signpost or decapitate a victim with a golf club. MadWorld is another reminder that parents need to make sure they watch what their kids watch and play what their kids play. In the past, the Wii has successfully sold itself as being the gaming console for the entire family and a way to bring family-game nights back into peoples living rooms. Unfortunately, Nintendo opened its doors to the violent videogame genre. The National Institute on Media and the Family hopes that Nintendo does not lose sight of its initial audience and continues to offer quality, family-friendly games. " - Dr. David Walsh, president of the National Institute on Media and the Family/NIMF press release  

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Fusion_X_ Rebirth

PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:11 pm
Wow that game has very funky visuals... O.o This is for the Wii..?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:35 am
Fusion_X_ Rebirth

Ayup.

Kyuubi: Gee thanks for proving their point. stare  

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

KyuubiNaruto4

3,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 10:35 am
Decavolty
Fusion_X_ Rebirth

Ayup.

Kyuubi: Gee thanks for proving their point. stare

I talking about the fact that idiot is saying that Nintendo making their console not family friendly big frickin deal. Every console is going to have 'M' rated games, the ones that don't usually end up with people hating the console. Look at the GCN despite it being more powerful than the PS2 it still sold less for the simple fact its number of violent games was severely lacking compared to the XBOX and PS2 causing it to lose in that console war big time.

Family Friendly means every person even the teenager or the occasional parent who likes to kill people on a video game. Imagine the sales of the Wii if there were no games that went above E10+. Nintendo could only keep itself afloat for so long before its numerous crappy 3rd party games would be the death of it. Also some of Nintendo's best franchises would suffer as well ex: MP3, LoZ TP, and Brawl all T. Imagine what Retro Studios would have had to do to drop that rating to a E10+. Same with Sora Ltd dropping Brawl to E10+. Or with Nintendo's LoZ team dropping TP to E10+(removing that "scene" would've been the first thing to go).

Bottom line trying to keep a console 'family friendly' is what is going to kill a console.

Want proof? Go to a site that has all games that have come out for the Wii so far this site will do. Now remove all games made by Nintendo and its 2nd party companies. Next remove all games that are Teen rated and higher. Now what do you have left? A bunch of crappy games with a few gold mines here and there.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff