Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Back to Guilds

A guild all about the supernatural and paranormal, allowing for open discussion for believers and sceptics alike. 

Tags: supernatural, paranormal, ghosts, psionics, magic 

Reply The Supernatural and Paranormal Network
Tarot Cards Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you ever used them?
  Yes, all the time.
  Once.
  No, they're b.s.
View Results

ajina

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:17 pm
What do you think?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:18 pm
I did a reading for a friend of mine(I really don't know her very well), and she said that everything I told her about her present situation was completely acurate, and she expected my predictions to come true, too.  

ajina

Lord Jagged
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:54 pm
I'm not so sure. This is due to the fac that it is possible to predict the chances of a certain card being drawn. It is all down to mathmatics and chance.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:40 pm
I read tarot. I have the Robin Wood deck. I do readings for my fiance and they really help him out. I think that if the person doing the reading knows the symbleism in the cards really well they can do an acuret reading. It can be kinda cool when the same cards come out in different readings.  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Ciora

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:45 am
I've used tarot for 17 years. No way would I consider it a game of chance. My readings are accurate 99% of the time. Just recently, I've done six readings on a potential beau of mine. I learned more about him in those readings than I had so far in life. The only times my readings have been unsuccessful were when a person was either intoxicated or not concentrating hard enough. Scattered thoughts are hard to read. wink

I've also tested a few theories with the deck. One time, I took a major arcana and placed it at the very bottom of the deck. I cut it four times like normal, and the card at the bottom popped up on top. The way I cut the deck, it was impossible for that card to do that. Like most tarot readers believe, the deck rearranges itself as it sees fit.

Also, when doing a reading, the cards are not the only thing that comes into play, nor are the standard book definitions. Intuition is highly important as is feeling out how to word what the cards are saying.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2006 5:24 pm
I've only tried it once, and as a beginer..it took me all afternoon to read it, and it didn't came out very good..So I guess I shouldn't rely on it lol  

Beautifully_Rotten

Sailor Jupitere

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:47 am
i've been using tarot cards for i don't know 4 or 5 years now.
i own tarots, orable & Karma

all of my readings that i did all came true...it's actually quite scary. there's one i did where both of my two roomates got the soulmate card for each of them....it said that they were made to be together...they're married now.
another one of my friends asked me to do a reading for her about this guy. but at the time i was at college away from home so i did it and wrote the date and everything on a piece of paper and i never actually gave her the results, i just forgot about it, and i found that same piece of paper this year and all that was written on it happened.  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:14 pm
What is tarot cards? Is it a game?  

deathdoggy

900 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:36 pm
deathdoggy

lol......its a divination tool. Look it up on google. ^-^  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:44 am
Ciora
I've used tarot for 17 years. No way would I consider it a game of chance. My readings are accurate 99% of the time. Just recently, I've done six readings on a potential beau of mine. I learned more about him in those readings than I had so far in life. The only times my readings have been unsuccessful were when a person was either intoxicated or not concentrating hard enough. Scattered thoughts are hard to read. wink

I've also tested a few theories with the deck. One time, I took a major arcana and placed it at the very bottom of the deck. I cut it four times like normal, and the card at the bottom popped up on top. The way I cut the deck, it was impossible for that card to do that. Like most tarot readers believe, the deck rearranges itself as it sees fit.

Also, when doing a reading, the cards are not the only thing that comes into play, nor are the standard book definitions. Intuition is highly important as is feeling out how to word what the cards are saying.

right on^.^ ive only been useing mine for a year because thats about as long as ive had them.(ive only recently had money to get them) i love how accurate all my readings are.and when i do them for friends, they think its cool how accurate they are.my family on the other hand is trying to discourage me from supernatural things of all kind.but i cant help it.im drawn to it.(since i certainly cant get away from it...it comes to me really...)  

13GreenRoses

13GreenRoses

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 4:46 am
Neko_Bast
deathdoggy

lol...its not really a game dood.  
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:06 pm
13GreenRoses
Neko_Bast
deathdoggy

lol...its not really a game dood.

well, actually, the cards were created for a game... "Tarot" was orginally a card game, but at some point in time, they started being used for divination... Yeah... I've never played, but some friends of mine have. Apparently, it's fun.  

ajina

Ciora

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 10:13 pm
13GreenRoses

right on^.^ ive only been useing mine for a year because thats about as long as ive had them.(ive only recently had money to get them) i love how accurate all my readings are.and when i do them for friends, they think its cool how accurate they are.my family on the other hand is trying to discourage me from supernatural things of all kind.but i cant help it.im drawn to it.(since i certainly cant get away from it...it comes to me really...)

My mom is a skeptic. I never let her negativity sway me whatsoever. When someone finds their calling, there is no stopping it. heart

I hear you when you say you can't get away from it. My cards tend to "disappear" from time to time and reappear when something important is about to happen. Also, when bonding with your deck... pay attention to their attitude. They tend to bite if you take the time to notice, when you're doing/asking something they don't approve of. The better you know your deck, the stronger the readings will be. wink

And a little hint to those who are just beginning tarot. Remember that *you* and *your* perceptions are what makes the reading. If you are only going by textbook definitions, you are diluting its purpose. Go through and look at each card. Take the time to interpret what the pictures mean and what *you* think they stand for. Jot them down and voila. (You'll find that you'll have an easier time remembering each card's meaning this way) ^^  
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2006 10:00 pm
by any chance..is it possible for me to get a free tarot card reading from one of you?  

gReeNnPiNkAnGeL

ajina

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:40 pm
This site is really good for that.  
The Supernatural and Paranormal Network

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items