Reply Atalantë - A new beginning
Favourite Vala Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Boolean Julian

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:37 am
I did this poll on the public subforum a while back, but it's long since died.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 5:50 am
Probably Orome or Mandos...  

treythea

Khorkalba

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 6:47 am
Please, add some form of discussion to this thread. Not just "Who's your favourite". And we already know that Varda is the most popular amongst us after Nienna's thread.

I have two favourites: Orome and Yavanna.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:11 am
Yavanna and Varda. I'm not sure why, but I've just always favoured those two.  

Zurgi

Slacktopian

Girl-Crazy Smoker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:08 am
Nienna. Surprise Surprise. xd

At least she came in third in the "favorite Vala" topic I ran. sweatdrop
*shakes fist at Yavanna and Varda*  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 10:18 am
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Onoj

Zach McClure

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 11:16 am
I like Tulkas because he's always the first one out the door when Melkor needs the s**t kicked out of him.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 7:49 pm
Manwe is my most favourite. Ulmo and Mandos come second and third. Wow, I've actually gotten used to saying Namo. How odd.  

Glorfirith Annun
Crew

Gornwen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:46 pm
I'll say Yavanna for my favorite, but I am also fond of Mandos, Ulmo and Varda. Yavanna, for she seems the most giving of herself, the most caring, Mandos... err... dunno why. Ulmo, for he still watched over Middle Earth, seemed the most of his own person of all the Valar.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:05 am
My two favorite Valar are Aule (The Smith, the maker of the Dwarves and responsible for the creation of just about anything that is made of rock and metal, like Angainor! biggrin ) and Tulkas (Gotta love the youngest ones, particularly the ones who fight relentlessly against the evil of Melkor! W00T!)  

Anatole_serial

Lithwen

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:19 am
Zach McClure
I like Tulkas because he's always the first one out the door when Melkor needs the s**t kicked out of him.

Exactly! ^.^
Tulkas is by far my favourite, though Yavanna DID create the two trees, which puts her second on the list.
Manwe finishes dead last. At least Melkor had some sort of personality, Manwe was just kind of TOO good (and too forgiving). xp  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:27 pm
I don't think Melkor was counted among them, but I love him. I like his arrogance and scheming. I think that he has admirable qualities that are put to use to achieve evil ends.

To start a discussion here, do you think that Melkor should be counted among the Valar or not?  

curumo

Nimbrethil

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:54 pm
Admirable qualities like cowardice and malice and jealousy and rageaholism? wink

If he were counted among them (again), then there wouldn't be 14 Valar, and the 7 males to 7 females symmetry would be off.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 3:54 pm
Well, the ever-so-lovely Valaquenta makes it quite clear that Melkor is not numbered amongst the Valar, so no, I'd say he's not a Vala. Still, in everyday discussion or even debate, it's just so much easier to call him a Vala.

And some people might disagree with Tolkien on this regard. It's not bad to disagree every once in a while, after all.  

Falathrim

zylaxidia

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 4:09 pm
Melkor, as wonderful as he is (in my opinion), probably shouldn't be numbered as one of the Vala. Wait. Then again, the original definition of the Vala was that they were the ones who decided to leave Illuvatar and descend into Ea, and would be contained in it until their spirits become one with the World, or something like that. He does, kind of, fit that description, but then it states outrightedly that he isn't counted among them....

dumdedum. Decisions decisions....  
Atalantë - A new beginning

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces