Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Did Your Parents Ever Watch it with You? Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Parents:
  Loved it
  Hated it
  Didn't care what you watched
  You forced them to watch it with you even though they had better things to do
View Results

JuilianFai

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:22 pm
So, we all know WE love Sailor Moon, but what about your parents or relatives? What do/did they think about the show?

My mom likes Sailor Moon very much, always has and probably always will. She refuses to watch R though, because she hates Chibiusa.
When I was small I remember a debate my aunt and my cousin [then probably around 6 or 7, I was about 5] got into about who was cooler, Neptune or Uranus. My aunt was all for Uranus, and my cousin and I both preferred Neptune.
I don't know if my grandparents ever got into the show, but they nonetheless bought me every piece of SailorMoon merch they could find, including shoes and blankets [to which I STILL have them in mint condition after.....15+ years??], notebooks to personalized pens and pencils to shitajiki, candy and the toys and goodies that came along with them.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:45 pm
JuilianFai
So, we all know WE love Sailor Moon, but what about your parents or relatives? What do/did they think about the show?

i tried to make my mom watch it..but she always got out the "i'm making dinner"
but she loved to heare how cool the episode was.

My mom likes Sailor Moon very much, always has and probably always will. She refuses to watch R though, because she hates Chibiusa.
When I was small I remember a debate my aunt and my cousin [then probably around 6 or 7, I was about 5] got into about who was cooler, Neptune or Uranus. My aunt was all for Uranus, and my cousin and I both preferred Neptune.
I don't know if my grandparents ever got into the show, but they nonetheless bought me every piece of SailorMoon merch they could find, including shoes and blankets [to which I STILL have them in mint condition after.....15+ years??], notebooks to personalized pens and pencils to shitajiki, candy and the toys and goodies that came along with them.

Minnie001

5,475 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Consumer 100

heavensdark

Dangerous Prophet

26,665 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 9:27 pm
My dad used to watch it with me but I'm not sure what he thought about it. He knew I loved it so he'd have it on and he'd listen to it. It was a silly bonding experience I guess.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 5:16 pm
They haven't even watched it.  

xxxDark Crystal Queenxxx

JuilianFai

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 8:52 pm
heavensdark
My dad used to watch it with me but I'm not sure what he thought about it. He knew I loved it so he'd have it on and he'd listen to it. It was a silly bonding experience I guess.

Thats so sweet!!!!! Any man that had patience enough to sit through 20 minutes of the the dubbed version of Sailor Moon is a god. Huggles to your dad!!! heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:14 am
JuilianFai

Lucky you. My parents can't stand anime in general.  

Lady Regina Jane
Vice Captain

Fashionable Genius

3,275 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Dressed Up 200

latitude_cat

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 9:49 am
They don't have much interest in anime. They sat and watched it with me, but they were doing other things like reading. Didn't stop them from laughing a couple of times.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:30 am
My parents never watched it. But they do know the names of the inner senshi because I was always talking about sailor moon when I was younger. I still talk about it now, but not that much sweatdrop  

Allynia

4,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

heavensdark

Dangerous Prophet

26,665 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:35 am
JuilianFai
heavensdark

Thats so sweet!!!!! Any man that had patience enough to sit through 20 minutes of the the dubbed version of Sailor Moon is a god. Huggles to your dad!!! heart heart heart

Actually, a male friend of mine watches it now with me, dubbed and subbed. But uh... yea.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 1:34 am
My parents poke fun at me for watching anime period. Not that I care. And I hadn't actually sat down and watched Sailor Moon when my parents were around since I was in like, the 4th grade. It was just another anime to them. Same as DBZ, Robotec, Gundam Wing, etc. All I remember about that was I got so upset when we got Dish around that time because of the time changes with it. Everything came on 3 hours early so after we got it I missed all of my shows. At least until I started taping them.  

Ryuondo

ambar15

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:07 pm
my parents diddnt watch it with me but my cousin did  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:41 pm
My mother ated it. Completely HATED it. But, one of my best friends at school used to watch it all the time. It was so much fun, we would talk about the last episode, play a rp game, aaand sing the opening song everywhere. When we where swinging, on monkey bars, everywhere. Oh, ya. Did I mention that my best friend was a BOY who was head-over-heals for Salior Moon!?  

MewLettuceRush

Blessed Goat

15,275 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Chocolate Champion: Sundae! 50

Tokie-Bear3000

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:00 am
my dad always watched it with me in fact he showed me the show when i was young so he and i are big sailormoon fans

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:02 am
nope, my mother hated it so much she would never watch it and never will. She does not really like other anime either. My dad was never home when it was on.  

Kris945

5,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Full closet 200

xxEverBluexx

6,300 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:24 pm
My mom watched, then she told me I couldn't watch it (that was when the movies came out. I watched them anyway xd ) and then it went off the air. I think the universe came together to make me stop watching Sailor Moon wink .  
Home

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff