Welcome to Gaia! ::

Byako, City of Everything

Back to Guilds

Byako, the city of everything. A city hundreds of miles in size where anything can and does happy on a daily basis Join the random sillyness 

Tags: plushie, city, random, silly, Byako 

Reply Byako, City of Everything Main Forum
The Artisans District ~The RP~ Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kethean

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:17 am
Locale Name:Artisans District

Classification: District
(district, business, city service, eatery or inn, clan, other)

Controlled:Rupel (delbosque)

Description:A glorious and grand district. Artisans District is a place of marvelously designed buildings and walls being put up just so artists can paint on them. Every corner of this district is home to a flowing fountain or an impressive statue of some sort and there is always a festival happening at one point or another.
A marvelous sort of event especially with the musicians and other creative folks who dwell here.

Artisans District holds a colorful and dark past. Standing as living proof that things can change for the better and that there is no such thing as evil.

Past Events:The Artisans district was originally a ratty slum, used and abused by various crime lords who tormented the poor populace.
However one day the poor and the homeless banded together under one man. A legendary leader known only as the bum master.
With an endless army of the slums bummy populace he pillaged the richer districts until the locals of the slums could sleep with blankets and under some form of makeshift roof.

Then one day the legendary bum master desappeared and the people began to fear for their future until it suddenly became a place of intrest in the eyes of the clans.
The DGL clan of undead and creatures of the night constructed great buildings and lavish structures. The Jarians sent their men to regularly police it. The tenth organization/sea library even provided books of learning and understanding for the poor populace (all in an effort to win their loyalty and allegiance.)

However with the desappearence of the tenth, the fall of DGL and the weakening of the Jarians the newly renovated district became independant.

Current Events:The Artisans District decided to throw a big contest and give rulership of the area to a lucky winner!

Last Current Events Page:

This is how things were:

The Slums wasn't always the horrible place it is today. It was once the most attractive part of the city, but when an experimental bomb went off it discouraged further construction of the area. Now only the poor struggle amongst themselves to survive. They rummage through the dark alleys and broken, run down buildings that have since been abandoned along with the hopes and dreams of the people that now live there. At the moment, there are two factions that fight for power of the area.
The first is led by a mad man who fights only because he says he has nothing better to do, but in truth he has the best intentions for the people who have come to accept him as one of thier own.
The second is an evil drug lord trying to lay the foundation of his dark schemes in the Slums where he feels he can hide from the watchful eye of the law.

The battle of two evils clashing in a part of the city no one can give a damn about... Welcome to The Slums.

New Byako Event!

Greetings to one and all and to yet another grand Byako super event!
An event to knock ones socks off, knock them back on and then paint little polkadots! (or stripes asssuming they already have polkadots)

Story
Quote:

The artisans District people in commemoration of the Bum Master festival are offering their district up as a prize to the lucky winner of the race through the zany little obstacle course they have constructed!

Start Date: October 28th Wednesday

Prizes
Quote:

(In RP) Control of the district 'Artisans district'
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=1527886#37146483
(Out of RP) 30,000 Gold

How to Play
Quote:
Entrants will upon the start of the contest be allowed to roll once six sided dice per day and they will move along the board. At either the end of the day or once all entrants have rolled, the judge will reveal the effects if any of the space the person has landed on.
For example you could land on a space that requires you to skip a turn or move forward three spaces

Rules
Quote:

1.Only one dice roll per day. This is to allow fair play and put some sort of sensibleness in the effort. Also, we will use alaskas time zone to determine this just for kicks.
http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/alaska-standard-time/

2.Please try to RP your actions. Admittedly this will be a little tricky as you wont know the space you land on until its publicly announced but bear with us

3.No deleting posts. As this is a roll once a day contest we must enforce the deleting of posts within the Artisans district thread during the duration to keep people from cheating.

4.No mule accounts. We cannot have people entering with multiple accounts as that would be plum unfair. If we suspect you of doing this we will not be happy.

5.Clans cannot have the area. The Artisans District wants to give it to a lucky individual. A person in a clan is welcome to compete but their winnings do not go to the clan they are connected to.

6.In the event you cannot post once a day you may appoint a second. A second is a person whom you are giving special permission to post/roll in your name. However you must contact us first and inform us as to the person you are appointing your second. Also, your second cannot be another participant in the race.

How to join in
Quote:
To join, you must in character, aproach the registry in Artisans district
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=1&t=1527886#37146483
and simply sign up

Race Course
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:27 am
A large heavy set man ran down a dirty dark ally and ran through a side door short of breath and closed the door behind him. "Hah... Hah... hey, you awake yet?" asked the large man.

"... No." came harsh response.
"Aw come on Kethean, its four in the afternoon! When are you going to get up?" asked the large man.
"... go away." said Kethean and tried to go back to sleep.
"Fine... but I thought you would like to know Cid and his men were seen driving around.... I think this time we might actually find out where they are hiding." trailed off the large man.

Kethean simply sighed and groaned and the large man walked out of the room. A few moments later a very tired and grumpy Kethean walked out only to find that the large man known as Tiny had been waiting for him with a large smile on his face.

"... what are you so happy about?" asked Kethean as the two began to walk down the ally.
"Nothing..." said Tiny still with a large grin on his face.

((All right thats my first bit, anyone is more than welcome to come into it, I'll try to keep up with it but I have my own story in mind for this so if I get no support from anyone else I'll still have a story to tell.))  

Kethean

Jasae Bushae
Captain

2,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:19 am
((welcome kethean and do our guild proud! your sure to add an interesting element to this place that has been lacking))  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:52 am
(( Holy frig! I must have been tired as hell when I wrote that because that had so many errors in it... though I fixed them now. The spelling was right but the grammar was horrible!!

Also, I'll put in what I can, when I can. Just been busy with a whole bunch of stuff but usually Tuesdays are when I'll be around. Mostly in the morning hours like now before I run off to do things. Anyways, off to my next bit.))  

Kethean

Kethean

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:12 am
As Kethean and Tiny walked out of the alley entrance they were nearly run over by a skinny young girl riding her bicycle as she peddled full speed past them. "Woah - Hey!" called out the two as she went by. "Hurry, hurry!!" called the young girl as she looked over her shoulder and continued on down the block.
"Whats she on about?" asked Kethean to no one imparticular. "I told her to come get us if she found out where Cid was going." responded Tiny and the two of them continued on after her.

Kethean knew the girl as well as he knew anyone else in the slums. He knew she liked to be called Josie and would usually try to knock anyones head off if they called her by her real name, Josaphine. He only knew this because it seemed only Josie's mother could ever call her by her full name.

"Hah... go on ahead... I- I'll catch up..." wheezed Tiny as the two ran to catch up with Josie.
"Right..." said Kethean and pulled away from Tiny and began to run along side Josie and she simply turned to look at him and then began to peddle faster.
"His car stoped over at the old smoke box, hurry!" giggled Josie and broke away from Kethean.

The old smoke box was just another abondoned building that littered the slums but this was a bit more known because the building always smelled of cigarites. After a fire broke out in the warehouse all its contents were also burned up and it left behind a bitter smell that most were not fond of.

"Easy for you to say..." grumbled Kethean and pushed himself to run faster after Josie. 'What could he being doing there? That place has no use for someone like him...' Kethean thought to himself as he ran along.

(( All right, I know it may have some spelling errors, I wouldint put it past me but thats what I have so far. I have more and I may put it in a little later but I'll have to see if I have time.))  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:43 am
When Kethean rounded the next block he saw the tail end of Josie's bike leaning against the building and when he approached it he didnt see Josie anywhere near. He looked around a bit confused untill he heard a small laugh and looked up to find her waving down to him from the fire escape on the side of the building and she waved him up with a finger over lips to motion Kethean to be silent.
"He is in there... talking to someone I cant see..." said Josie in frustration as Kethean reached the top of the broken down fire escape and they looked in on the sooted window. Josie rubbed the window in frustration trying to get a better look at the crowd inside.
"Well I see Cid and his two lapdogs..." said Kethean in a grim voice more to himself than to Josie.

He remembered the first time he had run into Ramsus and Vince as they called themselves. He knew it probably wasnt their real names considering he knew how well people around these areas seemed to want to forget their pasts and make something worse of themselves. The big bald one, Ramsus, was the brute strength of the two but it wasnt his lack of inteligance that was his weakness but rather his very short temper. As for Vince, well Kethean had found a rather strong distaste for him, now it wasnt that he was strong and packed a punch like Ramsus but rather he was damn quick and more than anything fought dirty. The two of them were perfect bodyguards for Cid. Kethean couldint quite get a good look from his vantage but he knew it was Cid just by looking at him, the man carried a certain air of power around him, and the fancy suit and cane helped. Although Kethean never did get too many good looks of Cid because before he could get a chance he would vanish while being held up with his bodyguards.

"Well, what do you see?" asked Josie giving Kethean a nudge as she searched his face for some hint as to what they would do next.
"Not much more than you do... except they seem to be talking to someone..." mumbled Kethean as a response as he continued to look through the window.
Down below the two of them Tiny had seemed to catch up and he simply leaned against the wall and waited for the both of them to come down before he spoke.
"Hah... So, whats the plan?" he asked in a tired sigh.
"Well we have to figure out who the hell they are talking to and why... So I want you two to stay around back." said Kethean to the both of them and ignored their disappointed faces.
"And what exactly are you going to do?!" asked Josie angrily as Kethean walked away and stoped at the entrance to the allyway.
"Just going to grab their attention up front..." he said in a calm matter of fact tone and looked thoughtfully at a brick that layed near his feat and grabed it with a smile and walked around the corner out of sight. A small yelp came from what only could have been of of Cid's men and then a loud crash of broken glass and a car alarm filled the quite street.  

Kethean

deathstar175

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:18 pm
A strange manlike thing appears in the south side of the Slums, where no one ever dared to go usually. "GRRARGGERKALLL... MMMUUHTASSTT FIENDIEHLA PPPPPPPPPPPPIIIGERGRACKLES" it screamed with torment it just stood their as if searching for something...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 11:01 am
Evan feet touched down onto the ground and as soon as he was stable the wing on his back unfolded and stretch out back as far as they could then started to fold up until they created mini wings that stuck slightly more then his arms while they were down at his side. When in this form the wings could be used for a quick get away if needed, however they do not have the power and strength of his normal wings so he can't fly too high or too far with them. Evan searched the slums in whatever shadows the walls could provide. This thing had the possibility to be dangerous and without knowing its fighting ability he wasn't going to take any chances.

After walking for sometime and search most of the slum area he came to the south side of the slums. This Hellish looking area gave him a bad feeling and so he proceeded with more caution then before. Evan Drew his sword and readied himself for battle. As he walked he chanted something quitely and after a while there was a black light and 2 black lumps of slime, scales and flesh fell from his back. As he walked the to slimes followed Evan and started to form structure and outer apperance until they were two exact replicas of Evan. The only difference was while they had all his ability, appearance, memory, and skill; ultimately there power was only equal to 75% of Evan's overall Energy. If they exerted 76% or even 75.01% of there energy they would turn back into slime and reenter Evan's body to recharge themselves. Also they are made of slime and so they dont take damage as easily.

The clones followed Evan closely and sensed every thing he did. And then they heard the screams of the monster; Evan stopped advanceing and took a step back. He wanted this mission over fast, even if it ment going all out at the start. He didn't plan to kill it, just stun it and then use the badge thing the registrar gave him. Evan stood there and began chanting again in foreign tounge and then 6 small orbs formed into his closed hand. When he opened his hand, the 6 orbs were in 3 different colors, and 2 of each color. There where two yellow orbs, two red orbs, and two blue orbs. He handed the blue orbs to the left Evan clone and the red one to the right Evan clone and kept the yellow ones for himself. They each did the same: First inserting an orb into there chest and then followed up by putting the remaining orb in there swords. There was a flash of red, blue and yellow and then when it cleared the Evans had changed. The Left Evan clone became blue; armor, hair, eyes, skin and under clothes, and his sword was blue as well. The blue Evan was now able to used and control water. The Evan clone on the right was now red all over and could use and control fire. And finally the main Evan was yellow all over and could use and had control over Lightning. There swords glowed there color and buzzed with the energy of there fused element. Occasionally the energy would overflow and flow down to the base of the blade but then would be sucked back in before it fell of and became wasted energy. After the full transformation they continued walking until they reached the monster that the registrar had described. Evan glared at it and then said with a smirk," Your coming with me, wheather you come dead or alive is your choice."  

SlashJX

5,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

deathstar175

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 7:57 pm
'GRRAAGRAKLE" the creature screamed at the man as it began its own transformationits body melted into a puddle and reformed with the same substance of what hit had been standing on... trash... "BLARRRGGGG!!!" it screamed as it spewed chucks of trash everywhere, each piece coming to life in the shape of a tiny man and beginning to walk towards Evan. What has that madman done to me...  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2005 9:49 pm
The three Evan's took a step back, each analyzing the situation from there own point of view. Lightning Evan smirked and said," Hmm interesting, but even if your not human... I'm not completely human either." Each Evan went through one last transformation into what he considered his "true form" Fire Evan became engulfed in flames and when the fire and smoke cleared a rather muscley dragoon stood in fire Evan's Place. The Fire Dragoon was as said a 'rather muscley' dragoon with a little flame at the tip of his tail. His wings were long and and basically consisted of skin, muscle and bone from wing tip to back; this allowed him to catch lots of air and gave him the ability to fly high altitudes and create mighty gusts of wind with his wings. Blue Evan was doused with a waterfall and when the mist cleared a very bulbous dragoon appeared, the water Dragoon is rather... fat and has a short, but thick tail. His wings were Bone on the structure and thick skin from tip to back; this allowed him to glide on strong wind currents and shield most elemental attacks. The main, yellow Evan was surrounded with a large jolts of electricity when the static a rather wirey dragoon stood where he once stood. The Lightning Dragoon is very thing with pointy scales. His tail is very long and very thing like a whip. His wings are very long and bony with thin spikes bones that go down from the main wing bone. There is no skin in between the bones on the wings; this allows him to fly really fast without catching air that will make him lag.

After the transformations finished the Lightning dragoon pointed out to start an attack formation. The three charged up a small ball of there base element then one it became twice the size of a baseball they held it under there swords and the swords went from metal to the element under with it was held upon. The fire dragoon started to turning his sword in the air creating an immence fire line that trailed the blade of the sword as it cut through the air; getting longer, thicker and more powerful by each rotation. After about five rotations he swung down and hit the ground that the fire streamed in a circle around the ally and began burning the trash it landed on, as well as the trash near it.

Meanwhile the water dragoon held his sword in the air clinching it tightly while holding his breathe and as he held his breathe his chest began to swell and puff out. The sword in the air gathered all its energy to the tip until it looked like a large ball of water balancing on top of a regular sword; and the moment it finished he cocked back his arms and made a stabbing motion with the sword and also let go of his breathe. At that moment water shot out of his mouth and his chest began to deflate and the water at the tip of the sword also rushed out to create a gun shot of water with enough for to send any person flying. The water was aimed at the little mini monsters to send them back at there creator.

The lightning Dragoon did something something similar. The lightning dragoon held his sword infront of him vertically and charge the swords energy into just the blade and also took a deep breathe and blew electric energy into the blade to give it more energy. Once the Sword was filled to compacity and overflowing his pulled back his arms and swung his sword twice, diagonally and let out an X of electric energy that followed the water stream the water dragoon had let out.

The combination of these three attaches would knock back the enemy, stun him and the fire would burn extra trash in the area which would stop the monster from making the mini monsters. If the water and electric attacks make full contact with the monster, the combination of the force from the water and the pain from the lightning, SHOULD knock the monster unconsious. Now they he just needed to watch and see if the blows hit.  

SlashJX

5,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300

deathstar175

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:47 pm
"GLACKLE LIKOOTLOEBROKKKLE" the trash man screamed as it was blown backwards into a wall by the water, but just before the lightning hit he melted again into a puddle that the lightning then hit. Although it was a direct hit upon the puddle all it did was help create a new form... Looking at itself the monster paused a moment. "ZZZZZZAAAAAPPPPPPPPP GRAYLEK!" it screamed, its new form was completely the element of lightning. It looked more human except that it was glowing blue and had little bolts coming out of it. "ZZZZZZZZZZZZAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPP" It fired a spread shot of Lightning at the three Evans, Above them, Below them, beside them, and directly at them.
That madman may have been crazy but...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:53 pm
Axel's heavy boots made a resonating, clacking noise on the cracked pavement. Swirling mist floated whistfully past the assassin's face and continued on aimlessly. The air smelled of garbage and sewage, which really wasn't all that suprising, seeing as how this neighborhood seemed to be rotting from the inside out. Axel's red eyes darted back and forth, trying to adjust to the dimly lit sections of the street. He was always on edge, as if expecting something to happen. He calculated that there was a high probability of nothing at all happening, but it was just his personality, and he accepted that. The mounted blades attached to his gauntlet's seemed tight and Axel wished to have them resized soon.

It was a good idea to have the blades fit snugly, but too snug and his wrist could snap from too much pressure. Axel's choppy white hair rustled softly in the calm breeze, and he reached up casually to remove an unweildy strand. Axel quickly looked around to check the situation and make sure he wasn't being followed. As he expected, he wasn't. Axel shook his head and smiled from under the scarf that was wrapped around his face and nose. It was really too bad the scarf couldn't stop the smell.

*That's really disgusting.*  

xXEnderXx

SlashJX

5,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 10:30 pm
((sorry I didn't post. Its hard for me to post on the weekends))

Fire evan put up his arms to block the attack and was sent back tumbling into the burning trash. Fire Evan got up and was huffing slightly. He took some damage from the attack and drained him of the energy that kept him in this form. Luckily his base element is fire, so when he fell in he didn't take any damage. Water even flapped out is large wings and surrounded himself with his wings like a huge sheild, however that wasn't enough because water amplifies electricity and *ZZZZZZIIIIIITsshhh...* the shock had drained him of most of his energy. Enough to hold the form but not enough to his so water even held fire evan's hand and then turned to slime. The slime wrapped around his body then was absorbed by Fire Evan; restoring much of his lost energy that he lost from the last attack.

*meanwhile*

Lightning Evan stood there and grinned, then changed to a meditative type of stance, took a deep breathe and held it in, and then relaxed his body. His body began to give of a yellow light and when the lightning attack hit his body his head snapped back and he began to smoke. The smoke cleared and Evan let go of the breathe. He continued to grin because using his element base energy he was able to convert the attack into healing energy. Normally he wouldn't have taken any damage anyway, but this is a more effiecent use of an enemy's attack.

Evan reached down into the pouch that was tied to his belt and took out a clear marble-sized object. He touched the tip of the sword with this clear marble and the energy in the sword began to leave the sword and go into the marble. Soon all the energy left the sword into the now bright yellow marble, making the sword look how it once did. Evan absorbed that energy from the marble by clinching his fist around the marble like object until it was completely drained. He then placed it back in the bag an prepared for his next attack.

Fire Evan stepped out of the fire and quickly rushed at the creature his fist in the air like he was going to punch, while also holding his breathe as he ran. Just as it looked like he was about to through a punch he stopped abruptly and put his hands to his face like some one would do if the where going to shout and blew out fire from his mouth like a flamethrower.

*meanwhile*

Lightning Evan had been concentrating on getting out a orb of his weaker and slower elements. The orb was dark brown and kinda crusty on the edges. He inserted the orb into his sword and the sword became incrusted with earth. Evan then stuck the sword into the ground as deep as possible, then sent a surge of electric energy into the ground. After that he pulled his sword from the ground and it was now a club made completely of Earth. Lightning Evan also rushed at the creature just after Fire Evan did and swung his club-sword into the flame trying to hit the creature, while at the same time catching the hard earth on fire.  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:55 pm
The creature melted just before being hit by either attack... but in doing so it absorbed both the fire and the earth based attacks... and reformed into a greyish metal man. "GAAHRTTTARKL!" it screamed once as it lifted its hand. A groaning is heard below them for a moment. It smiled and screamed "OTIEIISLKASEF!" The Earth below them Burst open and a giant Sewer pipe came bursting from the ground spewing its corrosive sludge everywhere including onto the creature. "GHAHAHAGAGHAGAGAGG!!!" The sludge was too much for even it as it slowly began to corrode away... (Now is your Chance, dodge the sludge and capture it.)  

deathstar175

SlashJX

5,400 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:08 pm
Evan became slightly irritated with the outcome of the last few attacks. He turns into a puddle and absorbs the element thrown at him making it harder to follow up with the same kinda of attack. Evan started flapping his wings quickly as did fire Evan and flew high enough to get away from the sludge. He grimaced as he watched the raw sewage spill over the ground. The battle could not end like this. He would win the battle, but not in the way he liked... Evan watched as the creature started to corrode from coming in contact with the sludge.Evan reached into his pouch tied to his belt to look for an item that might help the situation and pulled out the badge the registrar had gave him. He wasn't sure what would happen if he used it, but it was worth a try. Lightning Evan held out his hand and began charging his energy and formed it into a ball. The energy was white and flowed light water, but flowed with a much greater speed. He then pressed the hand with energy against his chest and his flight began to slow down and he lost some height as he fell towards the sludge. His dragoon wings left him, but then his black feather wings exracted themselves from his back and caught the wind. He had turned "human" once again. He then pulled out the orb and it was yellow; at that moment he lost all his yellow attributes and turned to his normal look. The yellow ball of energy began to srink until it was the size of which it was when he first inserted the orb into himself. The orb sank back into his hand from which it came and the Evan started to call upon another element.

Evan held out his hand in the same position it was when he started creating the the ball of white energy. This time however a small orb like the yellow one came out, except this one was light blue and had very jagged ridges. He started breathing heavily as calling out this many elements in battle was starting to wear him out. He normally stuck with one, but this creature continues to change his base element, forcing Evan to switch as well.

Evan inserted the orb into his chest and he started to turn blue like the water Evan, except this skin was more of a pale blue, his hair and wings started to freeze and cover with ice and he became very cold. His breathe bacame visible and his eyes white and glazy. His wings became immobile and he fell into the sludge feet first, but as soon as he made contact with the sludge on the ground it froze. Evan put his sword away and took a deep breathe to clear his head. At that moment Fire Evan hovered low to the ground and touched Evan then went back into his body replenishing his energy.

Evan clinched his fists and they began to glow light blue. The energy caused the air around his fists to cool and let off a smokey mist. He then slammed his palms on the ground and the energy began to radiate through the ground and sludge and freezing everything in range. Soon all the sludge was frozen, even the sludge that was corroding the creature. He assumed the the creature was frozen in place unable to dodge so he threw the badge at the creature to see what would happen.  
Byako, City of Everything Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff