Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hero of Thyme

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:36 pm
Hey guys, have you ever been deprived or play a game SOOOO much that you start having weird symptoms? Or play a game so much that the fictional world starts seeping into the real world?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

When I game too long in general (about 5-10 hours) my cheeks get really red and hot, I look drunk! It's so weird!!!

I remember when I first got guitar hero and I played for 6 hours on end and when I was done, I took a look at the clock. The walls looked like they were crawling upwards with a buncha buttons on them!!!! That was enough for today. sweatdrop

Another instance was when I played final fantasy: tactics advanced 2 (for God knows how long) and I saw my parents watching T.V. I was behind them and wondering if I could back attack them for extra damage eek .

One instance of two games melding together was when I was playing Final Fantasy XII and Vaan leveled up. I said out loud, "YAY! VAAN IS EVOLVING!...Oh wait... eek " And when I was going into the menu and instead of "party" I read it as "Pokemon".

When I don't game enough, I personally get very irratable stressed and begin to get these random cravings for old games i've beaten to hell and back, or a new game I just bought.

When I beat a game, I get kinda sad because I realize that I just blew my entire weekend or have nothing left to do. But this passes fairly quickly as I just restart and begin doing side-quests and super power train my characters (if it's that type of game).

So tell me gamers!! What are your withdrawal/symptoms of over/under gaming?? Love to hear them!

No flaming please. crying I'm just curious and this is in no way to offend anyone or cause any biased or whatever way you can over analyze this. Don't take it too seriously, just share stories. biggrin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:48 pm
When I'm deprived from video games for too long I start slashing people to death, dissecting them, and using their entrails for various things. Hearts go very nicely next to my television, eyes make for good billiard balls, and intestines are just fantastic replacements for game controller wires. Oh, and the livers make nice pillows.

By the way, I haven't played a video game in three days. Would you like to come to my house? I promise we'll have lots of fun.  

Sir Codin

Hero of Thyme

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:59 pm
Lord of Armageddon
When I'm deprived from video games for too long I start slashing people to death, dissecting them, and using their entrails for various things. Hearts go very nicely next to my television, eyes make for good billiard balls, and intestines are just fantastic replacements for game controller wires. Oh, and the livers make nice pillows.

By the way, I haven't played a video game in three days. Would you like to come to my house? I promise we'll have lots of fun.

*checks kidneys liver, heart, brain, and fingers* (phew...) That's uhhh...Very interesting tendencies... eek But I tend to do all of the above on a regular basis~ twisted HAHAHAHA. Friendly competition never hurt anyone.....important... HAHAHA  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:24 pm
hahaha.
wow.
xDD

the most that usually gets stuck with me when playing too much games is the music...and the multiple fanfic ideas that the game brings forth.

One game not like that was Pokemon Trozie. I played it for so long that I couldn't blink without seeing Squirtles that I had to match on my eyelids.

I'm glad to know you played FFTA2! : D  

Sazuka57

Hero of Thyme

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:49 pm
Sazuka57
hahaha.
wow.
xDD

the most that usually gets stuck with me when playing too much games is the music...and the multiple fanfic ideas that the game brings forth.

One game not like that was Pokemon Trozie. I played it for so long that I couldn't blink without seeing Squirtles that I had to match on my eyelids.

I'm glad to know you played FFTA2! : D

Yeah! It's great game!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:51 pm
After playing EBA for a while I had to stop for school. I was seeing the targets show up for a few days whenever I heard a song playing. It was terrible.

Getting music stuck in my head or mentally working my way through levels are pretty common.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 9:54 pm
When I play Hotel Dusk I start to talk in only fragments of sentences. Something kinda like this. Very laid-back communication. Can't help it. Just happens.

In Perfect Dark, you run a lot faster if you push forward while strafing to the side. This is extremely useful when you're traversing large areas, and how I traveled 80% of the game. I'd been playing it all the time for about a month. Then I was taking out the trash, and I looked up into the window. I thought I saw something so to get a better look, I walked closer. Even though the window was a straight line in front of me, I went at two diagonals to get to it.

Whenever I play a puzzle game for too long I start to look at tiles on walls or floors differently. After playing a ton of Polarium, I found myself visualizing the best way to clear the tiles. I only ever noticed what I was doing when I realized there were no outside tiles, so I couldn't flip them.

Then when I went through my Donkey Konga phase, I had it really bad. I'd see the notes when I did anything, and if I ever hear a song from either game, to this day I usually kind of drum out the rhythms. Back then, I would only catch myself when I was getting weird looks as I slapped my legs and bobbed my head to the beat.

Then there's simple stuff like playing Super Mario Sunshine a lot, then playing Melee, and pushing the A button to try to jump. After playing Excite Truck a lot, driving and speeding a lot, reaching for the control pad when you go over a little bump so you can get a turbo-jump.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:04 pm
I remember camping, and our friends had an N64 in their trailer. We played Zelda so much I got so scared that a deku scrub was gonna pop out of the bush and shoot me.

And the Guitar Hero thing has definitely happened to me once or twice.

Tetris is the worst.  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Hero of Thyme

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:05 pm
Meta_Fish
When I play Hotel Dusk I start to talk in only fragments of sentences. Something kinda like this. Very laid-back communication. Can't help it. Just happens.

In Perfect Dark, you run a lot faster if you push forward while strafing to the side. This is extremely useful when you're traversing large areas, and how I traveled 80% of the game. I'd been playing it all the time for about a month. Then I was taking out the trash, and I looked up into the window. I thought I saw something so to get a better look, I walked closer. Even though the window was a straight line in front of me, I went at two diagonals to get to it.

Whenever I play a puzzle game for too long I start to look at tiles on walls or floors differently. After playing a ton of Polarium, I found myself visualizing the best way to clear the tiles. I only ever noticed what I was doing when I realized there were no outside tiles, so I couldn't flip them.

Then when I went through my Donkey Konga phase, I had it really bad. I'd see the notes when I did anything, and if I ever hear a song from either game, to this day I usually kind of drum out the rhythms. Back then, I would only catch myself when I was getting weird looks as I slapped my legs and bobbed my head to the beat.

Then there's simple stuff like playing Super Mario Sunshine a lot, then playing Melee, and pushing the A button to try to jump. After playing Excite Truck a lot, driving and speeding a lot, reaching for the control pad when you go over a little bump so you can get a turbo-jump.

Racing games also really get me too. I sat in my car one time wondering where the turbo charge button was! hahahahahah, I believe a lot of people do that though! xd  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:10 pm
Teh AK
I remember camping, and our friends had an N64 in their trailer. We played Zelda so much I got so scared that a deku scrub was gonna pop out of the bush and shoot me.

And the Guitar Hero thing has definitely happened to me once or twice.

Tetris is the worst.

I had a camping experience like that too! Sept it was with Resident Evil 4 and I was afraid that I would be attacked by zombies eek .  

Hero of Thyme

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Hero of Thyme

350 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:11 pm
Zephyrkitty
After playing EBA for a while I had to stop for school. I was seeing the targets show up for a few days whenever I heard a song playing. It was terrible.

Getting music stuck in my head or mentally working my way through levels are pretty common.

And yet we buy video game soundtracks! It's a paradox!  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:18 pm
Meta_Fish

I finally got that game. Now I'm going to ignore it because I have a friend who does that with Rock Band and he's bad enough about it without someone else joining in.

I hate you, Fish.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

SylFariun

Distinct Phantom

8,500 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:30 pm
When I was little I used to want to just run around the place super fast like Sonic after I finished playing the games... Still do actually, which gives an awkward feeling in the store cause I just want to go through the store as fast as I can.

After 10 hours straight of Wind Waker, I had a dream about being Link and saving the girl I liked. (Me = guy btw cool ) Or I would hear random little noises, like the rupee ringing sound, or the "little item get" chime.

I've looked outside in summer, seen a big butterfly and think "Oh god where's my net!?" (animal crossing)

Heard a weird animal noise and thought "I can catch it!" Also happened when I saw a drawing of a phoenix and said "That's an awesome Moltres."

I heard the Kakariko guys KAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!! In the middle of town one day.

I've been scared by my friends one day at college and after playing so much of corruption I literally whipped around and had my hand sticking out like I was supposed to be holding a wiimote.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:27 pm
Zephyrkitty
Meta_Fish

I finally got that game. Now I'm going to ignore it because I have a friend who does that with Rock Band and he's bad enough about it without someone else joining in.

I hate you, Fish.
Well I had an unhealthy addiction to it because it was the only rhythm game I had as the obligatory Nintendo fan of our group. I wouldn't worry about it. Or just play it in private.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

GuruGuru214

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:50 pm
Guitar Hero's had a few odd effects on life. I played Miss Murder a few too many times and now I know it so well I can play it without seeing the screen. Now if I hear it on the radio, I start playing along on the steering wheel. Also, I've developed a really good sense of timing for songs in the game, especially Guitar Hero III, and it's caused me to notice something really odd. When I get tired enough, my sense of time gets really distorted, so everything, most notably music, seems a lot faster than it really is.

Then there's games like Resident Evil 4 and Animal Crossing that require you to hold a button to run. Coming off of Resident Evil 4 and starting to play Mario Galaxy screwed me up with that one, as is playing AC: City Folk, Metroid Prime, and The Wind Waker all at the same time.

Oh, and lately when I get bored in class, I start doodling, even though I can't draw worth a crap. And it's always the exact same thing. The Spiritual Stones and the medallions from Ocarina of Time, the Wind Waker version of the Master Sword, and the Oracle of Ages tunes/Pearls of the Goddesses symbols. And sometimes the Eye of Truth.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff