Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
swine flu? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

O_O
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
50%
 50%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 6

Sweetkitty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 6:14 pm
I heard about swine flu. What do you think about swine flu? Do swine flu horrible?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2009 10:36 pm
I've heard about it and keep getting updated about it from my little brother. I know we have a "possible" case here in my county. As for what I think of it, I think it's been a long time coming actually. We've become practically over populated and something was bound to come along and knock us back some. Other then that not sure what my thoughts are about it.  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 10:01 am
It probably won't be as bad as everyone thinks it's gonna be, but if it is, maybe it'll teach some people a lesson. surprised I'm only worried about my mom cuz her health isn't so great. But she sanitizes everything all the time, so I'm not worried too much. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:39 am
oh, my mom told me that some people already died from swine flu in USA.  

Sweetkitty

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 11:54 am
Yeah, I heard that too.

Maybe it will make everyone become vegetarians.
(that would make purple happy - LOL)  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 3:36 pm
You know I've heard all kinds of things about this "swine flue" like it's not that bad and others say it is that bad and so on. I don't really know what to think anymore to be honest.

I have not heard that a few people have died here in the states from it.

I have heard though, that those with excellent immune systems seem to get hit the hardest from the virus. I've also heard you can't get it from eating pork, thank god cause I love bacon and pork chops to much, and other things but who knows if any of this is true anymore.  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

Sweetkitty

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:35 pm
Moonracer: yeah I agree. I love bacon but I don't like ham. Pigs possible cause people to get sick. Pigs are not cleaning from bacteria or something.  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 2:47 pm
The swine flu is just another strain of the human flu, combined with a pig-specific strain. They mutated together because of the run-off from pig factory farms, just like the salmonella outbreak that we had. We wouldn't have this problem if the factory farms cleaned up after themselves, instead of letting their waste contaminate the groundwater, and if they didn't rely so much on antibiotics, which end up just making the viruses and bacteria they're fighting develop an immunity to the drugs.

This particular outbreak did start in Mexico, but it has been linked to an American farm. Most of the farms in Mexico are run by US corporations, anyway.

Yes, people in the US have died from this strain already, but in fairness, over 30,000 people in the US die every year from the flu, anyway.

The symptoms are pretty much the same as normal flu, only somewhat worse and in combination with one another. For instance, you might experience respiratory problems and diarrhea and vomiting in the same couple of days. If you're having trouble breathing, tho, you should obviously go the doctor or emergency room immediately, since that would be an indication of a serious infection. And you should watch for any pre-existing health problems that might be made worse by this flu strain.

As long as you take fairly good care of yourself and avoid large crowds and practice good hygiene, you should be okay. Even if you catch it, it probably won't kill you. If you hear about a healthy 20-something vegetarian who goes to the gym suddenly dying of the swine flu, then you can start worrying. xd

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 3:27 pm
And that is why purple is a good source of info.

She loves knowing and telling the truth about bad companies.

LOL  
PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2009 9:47 pm
*nods nods jots notes* Thank you reporter purple for that riveting special announcement. *turns to camera and shivers* Just the facts people always but I must say if I saw a 20-something vegetarian going to the gym suddenly catch that H1N1 I'd probably go into a panic. *taps papers* Well there you have it folks seems like this stuff isn't as bad as we first made it out to be our bad. *smiles* Have a nice night now.  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:45 am
»» @Purple
I think that's the best description of Swine Flu I've heard. xD!

®îñíÏkãtå®û

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 12:05 pm
Purple likes to get her facts right. mrgreen  

xwhateverxdudex

Sweetkitty

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 6:50 pm
Indeed.

Does anyone know/or hear swine flu's cure?  
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:21 pm
To my knowledge "Swine Flu" or as it is called now H1N1, has no known cure however it does have some antibiotics that seem to help fight it. At least that's what I last heard.

*Turns to the side* For the truth we'll go to our reporter live on the spot. Purple what can you tell us are their any cures for H1N1 yet?  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 9:57 am
Yes purple, are there?  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]