Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
A cool toy from japan Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Holographic Anime is...
  COOL!
  Weird!
View Results

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:06 am
Japan has made alot of cool stuff over the years, and this one has got to be the coolest (scientifically speaking) and weirdest one to date.

It's called the "AR-figure" (sold only in japan - drat them)
WHY OH WHY DON'T THEY SHARE THEIR TECHNOLOGY!

Basically when you buy the box, you get 1 cube, 1 little sign (like a stop sign with a hand picture on it), and a number of cards (look like playing cards).

With the program installed on your computer, you point a webcam at the cube (it is the point of reference), and on your screen will apear an image of an anime style girl dressed in a maid outfit. (That will immediately start doing things - like sweeping ~saw a broom in one picture~ )

All the items listed have circuits imprinted into them so you can use them to interract with the girl that's on screen. Just put them by the cube and the program will detect them and start to use them in the image.

It's like an interractive screensaver!

For those who want to see a video, here's the one on the Official Manufacturer's Website. Holographic Anime  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:18 pm
That's the exact same type of thing as that one game on the Wii that I told you about, and you said it was stupid! xp The only difference is that this one is obviously marketed to the horny-anime-fan/control-freak demographic. I demand an apology for calling something stupid that I thought was innovative and cute and then changing your tune as soon as they add breasts and underwear! mad

As a somewhat related sidenote, anyone ever notice how boys spend a lot of time making fun of girls who play with dolls and obsess over hair and different outfits, and then they turn around and go crazy over games and anime that do the same things? All the anime-style games I can think of that are marketed to young men involve putting a girl into different outfits or giving her different hairstyles, either as part of the game or as a bonus for completing it, usually a girl who looks like a doll.

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:16 pm
Fine, I appologize.
But in all fairness, I probably only said that because I dislike the WII.
(I say "probably" because I've already forgotten that conversation)
Not that I "hate" the WII, I just think that making a game system's controler "completely" motion controlled is overdoing it. AND it's an overflow of dislike that I feel from those that complain about the PS3, and like the WII.
So basically: because of all the hate I feel being thrown at something I like, I choose to dislike something they prefer over the thing that I do like. And that causes me to say anything that's "WII-only" is stupid.

I Don't really hate the WII, I just hate the "hate" that WII-lovers give the PS3.

AND as for your sidenote. I completely agree!
(on a slightly related side-sidenote, one of the comments on youtube for that video was from a GIRL that said "I'm a girl and I would have SO much fun playing with one of those" )

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:05 pm
*blinks at the siblings* O~kay....anyway...

As for the Wii I personally enjoy the heck out of the system though not ALL games are "completely" motion controlled. There are actually a few games out there that aren't. Hey, as soon as I can save up money I'll eventually get a PS3 myself mostly because Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be on it. xd So I don't hate PS3. I hate the Xbox.

Anyway, as for the original subject of this thread...we all know I'm a girl and I'd totally want one of those things it looks like fun to me! It's cute too and I love the idea of it. So how do we get 'em to ship it over to us? Take control? Threats? Money?

As for the other sidenote. Yeah, I've totally noticed that too, but eh guy's have to be "tough" or so society says. So blame society not the poor guys.  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:25 am
Sorry about that, but that's sibling rivalry for ya.

WII, PS3, Xbox... There are good games on all I'm sure.
I just wish there were no consol wars.

(So blame society not the poor guys)
THANK YOU OH THANK YOU!!!

As for getting it over here...
amazon.jp doesn't ship outside japan, and the only other sites listed on their OFFICIAL WEBSITE are ones in japanese that I can't read. But there is an upside to this note...
There is one site that has it, that isn't listed on their website...
J-LIST has a bunch of cool stuff from japan, and they list the ar-figure right HERE!
There are two listing actually, one is the product, and the other is an extra manual that comes with an install disk that gives the girl a whole virtual room to wonder around in. sweet huh?
Unfortunately they're charging about 150 bucks for the main thing alone, and the add-on is another 50. So yeah, kinda pricy  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:06 pm
looks pretty cool program, the idea of it, not so much as the anime/horny nerd with no social life part (yuck). And I think it won't take long for ether them to import to america or for an america company to do the samething. and it probably won't be long before this idea branches out to other idea and themes (a cool idea I had when watching this was to use pokemon instead).

I have both a wii and xbox, both are enjoyable in there own way. I personally believe that the wii, xbox, and ps3 just specialize in their market. otherwise they would all have to same and there would be no reason to buy one over the other.

On raven's sidenote, I havnt incountered that so much but it would make sense for boys doing that. however it never buged me as child to see girls dress dolls or play with their hair. I only bugs me when it takes them forever to get ready to go somewhere. stare xd  

Tybarious

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:57 pm
What do you mean yuck?

This thing is probably designed for the "lonely anime fan / gamer nerd".

I'd bet you that if an american company does bring it over, they'll trash it like they do everything from japan. (namely take out the "anime/horny nerd with no social life" part) That's the whole point of it practically.

When it comes to cool japanese stuff, america can't do anything right.
(too many over-reactive, over-paranoid, over-protective, parents that won't get off their overly-lazy butts and tell their kids what they can and can't watch and play, instead of turning the entertainment companies of the entire country into corporate babysitters, and in the process, making it impossible or illegal for anyone else to watch and play what they want to - so instead of doing their jobs as parents, they just rip away the rights of everyone else in the whole frick'n country that IS old enough to watch and/or play it)
I really HATE people that think they need to rip something away from everyone else, just because THEY don't think it's right for THEIR kids at that point in time.
If they don't want to take responsibility for their own kids, they shouldn't HAVE KIDS!
~shouts to lazy parents~
Thanks alot ya lazy-bums!!!

Sorry for ranting, but as stated, it really irks me.
Don't get me wrong, I like living in america, I do.
But those in charge, screw up everything they do.

"I demand more UNALTERED japanese anime AND games" !
(honestly, they think they have to change everything they bring over)
And turn it into sh**.

Sorry, I need to calm down now.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 8:08 pm
Another thread way off track. xp

First, guys are part of society, have ruled it for centuries, and should take some responsibility for how it is. Not trying to place total blame, just making a point. I'd also point out that people can change if they choose to, but that's a lengthy discussion of a different color. xd

Second, if it takes a girl forever to get ready to go somewhere, it's because she thinks she needs to make herself look perfect first, and that brings us back to the issue of society.

Third, the point of this program doesn't HAVE to be the horny-anime-fan/control freak thing. The possibilities of an innovative program like this are incredibly varied, and I can't wait to see what they do with it. surprised

And, dude, quit ranting about that. xp

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Tybarious

PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:13 am
like raven said, another thread off track, happens alot here in this guild lol

this topic has gotten too complex to debate about for me  
PostPosted: Thu May 07, 2009 11:52 am
sorry.
I just wish I could get one of these things.

(j-list only has 5 left)
~cries ocean of tears~  

xwhateverxdudex

Nana Chaloma

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 5:41 pm
User Image

˜‘˜’˜‘˜’˜‘˜’˜‘˜’˜‘˜’˜‘˜’˜‘˜’˜‘˜’˜‘˜’˜‘˜’˜‘˜’˜‘˜’˜‘˜’˜‘˜’˜‘˜’˜‘˜’˜‘˜’˜‘˜’˜
Japanese boys who have a fetish for miniature anime women will be very, very happy.

Me, I find it disturbing.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2009 6:54 pm
Nana Chaloma
User Image

Japanese boys who have a fetish for miniature anime women will be very, very happy.

Me, I find it disturbing.

User Image

me too  

Tybarious

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:22 am
Doesn't anyone share my thought that this is an awesome new toy?
AM I ALL ALONE? ~tear~

YARGLE
j-list went from "we have 5 in stock" to...
"it is in stock in japan" over night. ~screams silently~
(asks magic anime fairie - "will i ever get one?" )

[dang - i can't believe i had to look up how to spell "silently", it's just one of those words that i don't use very often - that and i had a brain fart]  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 11:02 am
Maybe because you're not often silent? surprised  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 6:48 pm
No dude you're not alone I am totally with ya here. I would love one however money is tight which sucks. Also I have to agree with you that when it comes to Japanese items Americans do tend to alter the crap out of it till it is nothing like what it originally was. I've seen it to many times on various different items. So, again I'm with ya there. Anyway, very cool looking toy! I think it's cute!! 4laugh  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff