Welcome to Gaia! ::

Aura Academy

Back to Guilds

Aura Academy, Institute of Higher Learning (Literate Casual Roleplay) 

Tags: Literate, Academy, Casual, Roleplay, steampunk 

Reply Aura Academy
~Suggestions~ Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 7:24 pm
User Image
Since there is currently not an entire subforum devoted to suggestions, I am putting this thread in place here. If you have a thought you'd like to share, as to a new race to add, a new villain for the roleplays, a plotline you'd like to see, differences in the way I run the guild, or perhaps even a criticism or complain about the technology as I have formulated it, please feel free to place it here! Just remember - this is an area for discussion, so please be open to suggestions about your suggestions!

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:05 pm
I hope these suggestions will cause you no harm, my good man.
So far I have two, I'll add the other suggestions to his post if I ever have more.
Races:
Corpse: This is a race in a game of role-playing I once held, It would basically be the same to called this race frankenstein, homunculi or reanimated body. In other terms, a human, or human-noid body either brought back to life or a monster crafted from a collaboration of flesh, both done by mad men and necromancers.
I will later add a more in depth description if anyone would care to ask about me what I had in mind for the race.

Locations:
Not to really be played in, but maybe serve as a reference or home town for characters.
Twilhaven: A capital city of the country Evalonia. This central hub serves as a gathering of the finest and most exciting adventurers as it's one of the biggest trade destinations. Ruled over by a Sovereign, the people of Twilhaven live with little fear of corruption or dictatorship, their quite proud to be Twilhaven's people. The city itself has mulitple levels over a cavern serving as the people's engine room and power souce. The lower the level, the more the poverty and industry is. The higher levels are the upper class and military homes. The middle layer is the widest and tallest, filled mostly with middle class and guests, being the many adventurers and travelers.

Jin RedSaint
Crew

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:11 pm
User Image
Excellent. Prometheus is the name of the city in which Aura Academy is built - you might have noticed it in the list of subforums. I will consider the Corpse as a race - perhaps you might post in more detail? I'd have to have a bit more information about how they fit into the Steampunk theme. I must confess, I am the last person to claim absolute knowledge of the genre - my exposure to anime is limited at best, so much of my fondness for the genre comes from reading, video games, or such movies as League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:15 pm
Ha, Don't worry my friend, I do plan on adding a detailed inscription over the break coming up. As for the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, I love that film so much. It's one of the many inspirations I had to put me in my current hobbies today!

Jin RedSaint
Crew

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:27 pm
User Image
Oh, of course - no rush. I love the movie - Sean Connery, Jekyll, Hyde, the Invisible Man, ooooo - all my favorite old books and one of my favorite actors rolled into one movie. 3nodding

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 7:34 pm
User Image

Everybody, with your fists raised high,

Please forgive me, Mr. Ebil, sir. Since I am not entirely sure if this should be put in the suggestions thread or not - if it is misplaced, please tell me. Unfortunately, I do not really have a particular idea to be added into your incredible roleplay, but I do have an offer to make. I am an artist, you see - though I do not count myself as incredibly skilled, I would be more than happy to do possibly some original banners or headings to put at the top of your posts to decorate or something. Anything art related, really. If the offer is declined, I understand. smile But just so you know, if you ever want any sort of art done for the guild, I would be happy to do it! By the way, sir Christopher, I love your suggestion of the corpse race!
Here are some examples of my art, good sir:

This is just fanart.
A character of mine.
A quick "title" I did for my story in MS Paint.
let me hear your battle cry tonight!

BooBooBoota
Captain

4,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:03 pm
User Image
Of course it was alright to post it here. I'm not an evil guildmaster whee

Those are very, very good! I would definitely not call you an amateur - you must have been doing this a while! I wish I could draw half as well User Image

I am actually currently looking for an artist to commission, so yes, your name will be put in the hat (and probably draw from it, since you're part of the guild). You would be willing to work on commission, yes?

And incidentally, I collect avatar art as a hobby of mine - do you by any chance have a shop thread?

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:10 am
User Image

Everybody, with your fists raised high,

Thank you for your comments, Sir. I would be willing to do commissions for you! As for the shop thread, yes, I do have one, but I am closing it down soon. I feel terrible about it since there are so many undone avi arts that people requested, but I simply can't do it. I've found I'm better at OFFERING people avatar art whenever I feel the need to, rather than taking offers for them. I would be willing to do avi art for you, sir, since summer break just started for me and I will certainly have a lot of free time on my hands.

let me hear your battle cry tonight!

BooBooBoota
Captain

4,500 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 8:58 am
User Image
I understand - I have a free arts thread up right now, but I had to close it within a day or two of opening it. I still have twelve orders left to fill. People are a bit rude about free arts confused

I will contact you via PM, if that's alright - I would like to commission an avatar art or two - I don't expect deadlines or even rapid work, tho. I'd rather have something the artists did when he or she felt like it than something she rushed to do because she had a deadline or I pestered her. 3nodding

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 1:30 pm
I don't know what sort of world regions you have in this fantasy world of yours, but I'd like to suggest a possible one primarily because I'm thinking of having the character I'm planning out hail from here:

Inculta: A massive desert that spans the length of half a continent (in my mind, and feel free to change this, it is your world after all, this continent is about the size of South America). Located on the southern hemisphere, Inculta is sparsely inhabited by humans and other "higher" lifeforms. The humans who live here are called Incultians.

Incul Autio: In the center of Inculta lies Incul Autio, a large city powered by steam technology. Turbines located under the city convert and recycle water from a series of underground lakes to keep the city powered. These lakes also form a multitude of oases that surround Incul Autio, the prime reason the city was able to form. Incul Autio and its people are entirely self-sufficient, rarely making contact with peoples outside Inculta.

Incultians: Humans that hail from the desert Inculta. While most Incultians live in the city Incul Autio, some choose to live nomadic lives in the desert, harvesting water from conversion turbines located throughout the desert. While the Incultians do not know where these turbines originally came from, through their tinkering they were able to discover how to create similar turbines as well as other forms of steam technology, thus enabling them to found Incul Autio and giving them a knack for engineering. As a race, the Incultians are distinguished by their tanned skin and dark eyes, usually ranging from green to blue in color. Those who hail from the nomadic tribes often mark themselves with body art such as jewelry or tattoos.  

Gary Glampire
Crew

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:10 pm
User Image
An excellent idea, Gary. Accepted.

And do you mind if I copy this and put it in a section of the library? I'd like this to be one of the regions outside Prometheus and the more "civilized" areas.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:18 pm
You're absolutely welcome to.  

Gary Glampire
Crew

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 2:31 pm
User Image
Thank you! User Image

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 6:46 pm
If needed I'll add other facts about Twilhaven, The Sovereign, the noble houses like Gales, events and figures in history, anything you would like. And I'm still gathering all my racial info for the Corpse race.

And if you take that npc contest idea from the other topic I have many to present for you if you would care for them.

Jin RedSaint
Crew

Ebilest Hamster
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:10 pm
User Image
Heh, we'll see, and thank you 3nodding

Yes, that sort of information would be excellent - in the Suggestions forum, please? User Image

Aura Academy

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff