Welcome to Gaia! ::

The SpanGlish Guild

Back to Guilds

Aprende Ingles. --//-- Learn spanish!! FIRST BILINGUAL GUILD!!!!!! 

Tags: Español, Ingles, Contests, Games, Spanish 

Reply SpanGlisH
Accent marks and tildes! á,é,í,ó,ú,ñ Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

planetearth237

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 12:58 pm
so i have noticed that most of you don't post accent marks where they need to be in your posts! this is understandable, not many people know how to type these things... but i'm gonna teach you how!

this is how it works on a mac:

first, hold the button called "option" or "alt" with the "E" key. then hit the letter you want to give the accent mark.

for a tilde, hold the same keys, except with an "N" instead of an "E". then hit the letter you want to give the tilde to.

i don't really know how this works on a pc, but im sure its something similar.

hope i helped!  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 2:55 pm
Even though I can't speak Spanish, I tried on my Laptop but it didn't work sad

TieselGirl09
Crew

planetearth237

PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 5:46 pm
hmm are u on a mac? if not u may need to replace the option key with something else  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:26 pm
planetearth237
so i have noticed that most of you don't post accent marks where they need to be in your posts! this is understandable, not many people know how to type these things... but i'm gonna teach you how!

first, hold the button called "option" or "alt" with the "E" key. then hit the letter you want to give the accent mark.

for a tilde, hold the same keys, except with an "N" instead of an "E". then hit the letter you want to give the tilde to.

hope i helped!

You're right. In my case, and I think other spanish speakers too, It's hummm how to say it... hummm Teddyyyy help meeeee T.T
No suelo poner todos los tildes cuando escribo, solo por una cuestión de velocidad... El poner más tildes, te lleva más tiempo >.<
Pero tenés razón, hay que ponerlos... That's what I want to say ^^'' I know you can speak Spanish, hope you can understand me. I put all the accent marks xD  

Natsumi_yk
Crew

8,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Window Shopper 100

TeDdY_bEcHiA16
Vice Captain

8,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:36 pm
Natsumi_yk
planetearth237

hope i helped!

You're right. In my case, and I think other spanish speakers too, It's hummm how to say it... hummm Teddyyyy help meeeee T.T
No suelo poner todos los tildes cuando escribo, solo por una cuestión de velocidad... El poner más tildes, te lleva más tiempo >.<
Pero tenés razón, hay que ponerlos... That's what I want to say ^^'' I know you can speak Spanish, hope you can understand me. I put all the accent marks xD

Yeah putting accents take more time and we are not looking to write better all the time, my laptop doesn't even put the accents (I have to look 4 them elsewhere). But in my last normal pc I had to use Alt+160=á Alt+161=í, Alt+162=ó, Alt+163=ú, Alt+130=é.  
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 6:44 pm
TeDdY_bEcHiA16
Natsumi_yk
planetearth237

hope i helped!

Yeah putting accents take more time and we are not looking to write better all the time, my laptop doesn't even put the accents (I have to look 4 them elsewhere). But in my last normal pc I had to use Alt+160=á Alt+161=í, Alt+162=ó, Alt+163=ú, Alt+130=é.

para nuestros teclados podes usar los que tienen los tildes en el borde inferior izquierdo de la tecla que esta al lado del enter y luego la vocal, es más cómodo, pero igual... cansa xD pero se convierte en un mal hábito...  

Natsumi_yk
Crew

8,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Window Shopper 100

planetearth237

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 6:06 am
by the way, the idea that i'm fluent in spanish is an iLlUsIoN!!!! I'm only a really attentive student in spanish class... and i don't really care if u do or don't put accents, it just may come in handy some time smile  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 8:59 am
It's an Advent Laptop and nothing is working =[

TieselGirl09
Crew

TeDdY_bEcHiA16
Vice Captain

8,875 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:06 am
TieselGirl09
It's an Advent Laptop and nothing is working =[

Umm.. so happens in my mom laptop.

But you can always find them in the Character Map.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:30 am
I never knew that =]

TieselGirl09
Crew

iiZoMbIeClOwN
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:02 am
Here is some other letters you may need for some words in Spanish
Alt+164= ñ
Alt+165= Ñ

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:19 am
what sound does that make? is it the same as ñ and Ñ?  

planetearth237

Natsumi_yk
Crew

8,950 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 2:24 pm
planetearth237

idk how to write the sound... but ñ and Ñ are the same: Ñ is in capital: A=a Ñ=ñ >.<  
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 3:27 pm
Natsumi_yk
planetearth237

idk how to write the sound... but ñ and Ñ are the same: Ñ is in capital: A=a Ñ=ñ >.<

I guess you can say the "ñ" sounds like the "ny" in the Spanish soccer team "Espanyol" but it really needs a vowel after it, so it wouldn't just sound like "nee."

Dang, that's tricky to explain. I hope I got it partly right.

Vixen in Violet

planetearth237

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:18 pm
thank u, but i just couldn't see what characters she had typed smile  
SpanGlisH

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items