Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
HV's new games. Be a gladiator or fight Werewolves with buds Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:52 pm
Sometimes Gaia's thread title limit is obnoxious.

Okay, so the first game is Gladiator A.D.. I'm not entirely sure myself if it is a fighting game or a brawler but I guess the game looks nice.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/986/986261p1.html

Yeah, I don't think it sounds very fun either.

The second game sounds a lot better.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/986/986663p1.html

Imagine Left 4 Dead except with vampires and werewolves instead of zombies, and (hopefully) more variety than L4D's campaign. There are four characters who each bring some skill to the table instead of all being the same (skills that can be upgraded with a light RPG element, hopefully nothing like WoW or Diablo II), and you will have a lot of weapons to choose from when fighting the hordes.

Yeah, as soon as I mentioned Left 4 Dead I'm sure you guys are going to ask if it has co-op. It has 4 player online co-op and split screen co-op, so it's at least ripping L4D off competently, and on the Wii no less!

The game is broken up into stages (again, like L4D) except there are branches, and depending on the situation you will have to take a different path from the last time you did the level. There are also helpless NPCs you can choose to save if you want.

There are going to be hordes of enemies in this game. I have no real base of comparison since there are only screens at the moment, but they added some technology bullshit to their engine that lets them do a lot of models at once.

There weren't any specifics in the interview, but it sounds like the game is supporting Motionplus for Melee weapons. And it's supporting Wii speak, of course.

And as David mentioned, the game has a much stronger art style than High Voltage's other recent games.

At the very least High Voltage has proven once again that devs are full of s**t when they say the Wii can't do things like online co-op, and I am very interested in seeing this game at E3. It sounds like good fun. I am not going to overhype it like other people are sure to do, I'm just saying it sounds fun.

Edit for stuff that I forgot to mention:
-They want to have no loading screens, and so far it sounds like they'll be able to accomplish that.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:57 pm
I'm glad we're keeping all the secrets for e3.

And I dunno, an L4D ripoff with something like Diablo's skill tree sounds ******** sexy.  

Allegro

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 9:59 pm
Allegro
I'm glad we're keeping all the secrets for e3.

And I dunno, an L4D ripoff with something like Diablo's skill tree sounds ******** sexy.

I'm okay with skill trees as long as you're not able to screw over your character if you do it wrong.

I suck at making RPG characters.  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:00 pm
I don't know why, but something about fighting a werewolf sounds really cool to me. L4D is okay, but it just didn't do it for me. There were different kinds of zombies yeah, but I just never felt like there was enough variety. Oh, a witch, ooh, a barfy one, a smoker. Fighting a ******** werewolf? Hoooooly crap. Plus motionplus makes just about anything sexier.

Gladiator A.D sounds pretty cool, too. It would be neat if you got to fight lions and stuff, but it still looks impressive. Both games have really great graphics which just makes me sigh at all of the Wii games that are already out. HVS should license their engine to other developers or something.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:06 pm
Meta_Fish
I don't know why, but something about fighting a werewolf sounds really cool to me. L4D is okay, but it just didn't do it for me. There were different kinds of zombies yeah, but I just never felt like there was enough variety. Oh, a witch, ooh, a barfy one, a smoker. Fighting a ******** werewolf? Hoooooly crap. Plus motionplus makes just about anything sexier.

Gladiator A.D sounds pretty cool, too. It would be neat if you got to fight lions and stuff, but it still looks impressive. Both games have really great graphics which just makes me sigh at all of the Wii games that are already out. HVS should license their engine to other developers or something.

One thing that L4D did that I think is genius is when the special enemies force you to work together. Like when the smoker constricts a player, the boomer vomits on one and you have to protect him, or the tank, who will just maul you if you won't work together.

The vs. mode was also a lot of fun too. I would love it if this game had teamwork elements and a vs mode like that. They're obviously inspired by L4D, so why not?  
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 10:12 pm
Reading the article, Gladiator A.D. sounds like everything I've wanted a Western 3D fighter to be since the Mortal Kombat series started getting same-y.

One thing that bugged me about L4D was the respawn time- it really took away from the immersion in Versus. Make me a lesser zombie or something while I'm respawning, dammit!

Also please don't make the game melee heavy to show off what you can do with MotionPlus. L4D's melee was broken enough.

"RELOADING! *smack smack smack smack*  

Allegro

Owwin

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:47 am
Oh god, have you guys ever played a Hunter game? One of the guys on the team worked on that. Please be more L4D than Hunter. Oh and I call Doc. I will totally slice up a werewolf, for science of course. Also an Ennio Morricone feel to the soundtrack? I love it. Also the werewolf design is cool, way better than the one from Hunter that had a mohawk and punk dyed fur. It is nice to see that finally somebody thinks that Vampires are the mass enemies that are easy as hell while the werewolf gets miniboss status. ******** VAMPIRES.

The Gladiator game looks like it could be good, but I don't know if it is gonna make me give up my Soul Caliber.

I just hope that you guys don't forget the other kick a** Monster Hunting game coming out.~  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:44 am
Owwin
Oh god, have you guys ever played a Hunter game? One of the guys on the team worked on that. Please be more L4D than Hunter. Oh and I call Doc. I will totally slice up a werewolf, for science of course. Also an Ennio Morricone feel to the soundtrack? I love it. Also the werewolf design is cool, way better than the one from Hunter that had a mohawk and punk dyed fur. It is nice to see that finally somebody thinks that Vampires are the mass enemies that are easy as hell while the werewolf gets miniboss status. ******** VAMPIRES.

The Gladiator game looks like it could be good, but I don't know if it is gonna make me give up my Soul Caliber.

I just hope that you guys don't forget the other kick a** Monster Hunting game coming out.~

My brother had Hunter: The Reckoning.

Considering it was just a third person shootemup, it was not a bad game at all. In fact, I'm hoping they do implement some stuff from that game into this, like the character's special moves or something like that. This really does look like a spiritual sequel to it, though, minus some of the stupid character design (punk werewolf).

But yeah, I also love the way the top of the werewolf's body is shadowed while his eyes are still glowing in that one pic. Super badass, and intimidating as hell.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Waynebrizzle

Owwin

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:54 am
Waynebrizzle
My brother had Hunter: The Reckoning.

Considering it was just a third person shootemup, it was not a bad game at all. In fact, I'm hoping they do implement some stuff from that game into this, like the character's special moves or something like that. This really does look like a spiritual sequel to it, though, minus some of the stupid character design (punk werewolf).

But yeah, I also love the way the top of the werewolf's body is shadowed while his eyes are still glowing in that one pic. Super badass, and intimidating as hell.
Third person topdown shootemup. I just hope we don't have to use silver bullets or anything special like that. I always thought that no matter how quick something regenerates, if you put enough lead (Tungsten whatever.) into it fast enough it won't be able to stand back up. Lets see how intimidating he is when flayed and quartered.  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:39 am
For some reason the screens leave me feeling a little worried, but the concept sounds pretty awesome. Personally, I'm tired of killing zombies. Vampire hunting and slaying Werewolves is where it's at.

Also, how many people have played L4D with 3 other people? I haven't myself, but I think that's where the potential of the game would really come out.  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Owwin

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 10:43 am
Ribbin
For some reason the screens leave me feeling a little worried, but the concept sounds pretty awesome. Personally, I'm tired of killing zombies. Vampire hunting and slaying Werewolves is where it's at.

Also, how many people have played L4D with 3 other people? I haven't myself, but I think that's where the potential of the game would really come out.
Oh my god, Left 4 Dead is amazing when you have full human controlled teams of survivors and zombies. Especially when the other team has bad cooperation. XD  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:40 am
So it House of the Dead + L4D + Werewolves?
heart  

Rad Electropow

Invisible Elder

L a s t B a s t a r d

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:25 pm
This game is amazing. Especially on the Wii. I hope these guys keep dishing out the games.  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:27 pm
Ribbin

I've done it online and off, it's incredible fun. We've had a Versus Lan of sorts where a bunch of rooms next to each other did an online game of Versus. I owned as a hunter. Nothing like this though.  

Allegro

Boadicia

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 3:07 pm
If we'll be fighting werewolves, I hope it'll be better than Legendary. On the other hand, I personally never get tired of killing zombies.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff