Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yay for early topics!
  +1
View Results

Professor Inky
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:18 pm
I know this is a bit early in coming but it's too late to start a May topic so I'm just getting ahead of the game and starting a June topic biggrin

For those of you who are new to the guild, monthly topics are just a place for us to all chat and talk about our daily lives or whatever is on your mind. Feel free to ask questions, seek advice, or just babble like an idiot. This is just a thread for anything you feel like saying.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:25 pm
I shall begin: So last weekend for my orchestra class, we took trip to New York City! It was brilliantly amazing! I'd been there before with my mother but it was more of a window shopping sort of thing. This time, I was out on my own (and the few others who were willing to spend money on a trip in the shittiest class we all have) with some money to spend. So guess what. I spent it. ALL. We saw two Broadway shows. Mary Poppins and Wicked. We saw Wicked our last day in NYC and I just HAD to buy a t-shirt to bring back home. But by that time, I only had $25 left (a shirt was $35) and a dinner after the show I had to pay for. So guess what I did. I borrowed $10 from a friend and bought the shirt. Genius, eh? Just goes to show how much I wanted that damn shirt that I was willing to pass up food before an eight hour trip back home. But thankfully, some people have actually taken a liking to me so someone offered to pay for my dinner as long as I paid them back sometime that week at school. But at that time (and now still), I had NO money whatsoever. So I call upon my trusty loving girlfriend and ask her for money. Thank God Almighty she loves me enough to cover for my frivolous spending. Otherwise I'd be ********. Thank God for amazing girlfriends. Did I mention she's hot? biggrin

So anybody have any interesting stories about their time in the Big Apple, Broadway shows, debt, loaning people money, hot chicks, love, girlfriends, school, orchestra or amazing relationships? Hahaha.

Professor Inky
Captain

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 1:51 pm
Unfortunately, no, I do not. xd I've been to NY quite a few times, but it was when I was smaller. I want to go again and relive the moments...and the pizza!! biggrin

We got a new kitty! We went over my boyfriend's sister's house the other day and they told us about a stray they had coming around. She was there when we were and so sweet and friendly! So we went home, talked to mom and dad about it, and then returned with a cat carrier. Well, we traumatized it by having to dump it into the carrier - she yowled and carried on. It's the only time I've ever seen a cat behave like that. But she calmed down, was all snuggly that night.

Then we had to take her to the vet the next day. And we have decided she will be an exception to our carrier rule - we're going out and buying her a harness/leash contraption. Because she HATES the carrier. She cried for over an hour as we sat in the waiting room. Poor Pokey. But she's healthy, getting spayed and declawed in about a week, and it actually adapting well to the other animals. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:17 pm
Aw! Pokey's such a cute name. What is your carrier rule for cats??  

Professor Inky
Captain

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 11:55 pm
That they always stay in the carrier. Just to be safe, for our animals mostly. We don't trust other people's animals.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:54 pm
Ah, very true. We're not so caring though. We just let our cats and dog wander about as they please, making a muck of the house with their fur biggrin  

Professor Inky
Captain

Zombie Mark

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:19 pm
Sorry. Nothing really interesting happening where I live. I live in Southern Mississippi, so nothing happens here other then hurricanes and rock concerts (both of which can be really fun).  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:14 am
I want to go to a Blondie / Pat Benetar concert in August, but we'll see if I can make it. My dad always takes me, it's a thing we do. biggrin  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Zombie Mark

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:23 am
My dad and I use to go to the movies once a week, once I started working there. I'll still go every now and then, other then to work that is.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 6:05 pm
I'll go if it's a movie I really want to see, or Alex really wants to see. Other than that, it's just too expensive. It only costs a few bucks more to buy the movie than to go see it and put up with other people.  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Zombie Mark

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:19 pm
Well, since I work at the theater, My father and I got in for free. And the best time to go, at lest at my theater, is Tuesday and Wednesday's since nobody shows up on those days.

Since my fathers passing, I will still go every now and then, when my nephews want to see a show or when it's something I really want to see.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:07 pm
My boyfriend loves working at theaters. I mean, I think he likes them more than me sometimes. xd  

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200

Zombie Mark

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:18 pm
I like working at the theater as well. It's a lot of fun. I meet all kinds of people and make fun at their expense. I also like teaching the new workers lessons like hiding their cellphones and making them find them.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:43 am
Haha, that sounds like a good time! I just like watching the movies. I'd go more if it didn't cost so much.  

Professor Inky
Captain

Color Me Fubar
Vice Captain

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:13 pm
Yeah, that's why I wait for movies I really want to see. The next one is the Proposal. I LOVE Sandra Bullock.  
Chatterbox

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff