Submit

Which will win?
  Nintendo
  PS3
  Xbox
View Results

bloodsoaked

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:22 pm
Before you answer, please forget what system is your favorite, and try to be unbiased as possible.
While, yes Nintendo is coming out with new games, I feel xbox has taken what nintendo was trying to do and make it work. I have all 3 systems and Nintendo is my favorite, but after what I've seen on E3 does will Nintendo stand a chance? Now, more than ever, Nintendo needs to target it's care addicted fanbase.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:27 pm
I'd say it's still too early for Natal (or however it's spelt) to have any real worthwhile games. Maybe in a year or two it'll be used for some truly epic s**t, but for now, I think it's going to be used primarily for the same kind of mini/party games that the 360 owners were making fun of Wii for having.

The PS3 is starting to get some new exclusive games that look promising, and that might be what it needs to start selling again. Though I don't follow the Playstation enough to be able to say more about it.

Nintendo... I don't know man.
Got some great looking exclusives coming it's way, but other than that, all we've really got to look forward to is the Balance Board being used for something amazing, or try and find out what uses the Vitality sensor can be used for.  

dragn99

Aged Guildswoman

8,550 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Dressed Up 200

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 6:55 pm
we just gotta wait and see....Each system had it's strengths and weaknesses 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:26 pm
Lol, I'm sure we're going to have a completely fair and unbiased responce from the Nintendo guild. XD

I'm impressed with what Nintendo has debuted at E3, I'm excited for a few games. But I'm way more excited for what Microsoft has planned. Natal looks amusing (possibly). But the debuted games are looking amazing and I'm thrilled for what's coming out on the 360.
MODERN WARFARE 2 BITCHES!

(PC gamers get more amazing games too and PS3 is still meh.  

-Hel the Reaper-

Tatsuman

Dapper Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:03 am
Everything is pretty balanced this year as far as line up.
Nintendo could use a few more killer apps, but hearing rumors about a Wii price drop, they could easily get the edge here.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:13 am
They're not going to drop the price. I'd say Nintendo doesn't really even need to, though. Maybe in Japan, but not in NA.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 1:15 am
fifty feet  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:10 am
I don't think E3 will impact it that much. Sure Nintendo looked weak at E3 (despite Galaxy and Metroid), but everybody and their mother won't care about some gaming expo and will still waggle their wiimotes.  

Funky Monkey Bill

smile into the chaos

Feisty Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 7:12 am
What with the DSi being released in April, and having sold over 2 million units already, I think they'll do alright. Enough to hold their own against the other consoles, anyway.

Despite the supposedly shitty library of DS games, there still are a few rare gems that can be easily found if one dares to pick through the rest of them. The Legendary Starfy just came out, and other games like Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth, Golden Sun DS, and Zelda Spirit Tracks are on their way.
And if they felt like shelling out the money to import some of the great RPGs and whatnot they're hoarding over in Japan, they could really stand out.

Also, with E3, everyone generally makes a big deal about what was revealed there for a while, then kind of forgets about it. Nintendo may not have had a lot to show off, but they like to keep things hidden from us.
Nintendo doesn't generally taunt us by flashing some pretty game or hardware over our heads, and then hold it back until they're damn well ready... except for with Brawl, but hey. Look at how that turned out. Nothing but happy fanboys/girls on that call. But yeah, they generally deliver quite well, and they keep their fans happy with our favorites, be it Zelda, Metroid, or Mario.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:56 am
I highly doubt Nintendo will do the best the season... unless Smash Bros. is being released for the DS, which won't happen... crying
Even if Nintendo completely fails witht the Wii, it still owns the handheld worlds. twisted  

bloodsoaked

Cattra Nightblade

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:26 pm
I think that like always there will be a few gems that stick out but so far it looks... eh-ish at best, I mean No More Heroes 2 and also things like Red Steel 2 are to my interest but I think that only Red Steel 2 is a GO GET NOW thing so far, from what I have seen, im not going to lie, I am liking the lineup for the 360 for this year, sure most of it is the same old stuff but honestly, I wasnt a big Fan of some of the games Nintendo is promicing to bring back, I kinda like Galaxy but seriously Galaxy 2? Now I may sound like a hypocrite because well, come on, red Steel 2, like I mentioned earlier but from what I seen I dono... all in all I dono where im going with this so yeaaaa... It looks eh-ish.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:34 pm
nintendo should have a good year i think, last year was all the development of the good stuff with other things on the side. but the Wii is still experimental, theres still much they can do with it, so the Wii will have ups and downs throughout its lifetime, this'll be one of the good years.  

Xilo The Odd

Buddha_Cat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:04 am
I think Nintendo will do fine again this year.

Since they'll just keep releasing more crappy mini-game compilations and Fitness games that the Soccer Mom's eat up.

BRILLIANT

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:19 pm
Buddha_Cat
I think Nintendo will do fine again this year.

Since they'll just keep releasing more crappy mini-game compilations and Fitness games that the Soccer Mom's eat up.

BRILLIANT

That's what smart marketing is always about - finding and keeping new demographics. They had the moms playing Tetris and Dr. Mario years ago on the NES, why not make something they'd be interested in too?

Other fans may not like it, but whatever. They tease us with a new Zelda game, and it's like sticking a pacifier in a baby's mouth. To a lot of people who have been hooked since the NES, Nintendo can do no wrong.

It would be nice if they stopped half-assing things with WiiWare and release full games though. (I'm looking at you, FFIV sequel!)

smile into the chaos

Feisty Fatcat

Decavolty

Quotable Player

5,350 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 2:30 pm
Wii sales in my area have gone down.

Used to be we couldnt even hold the one or two Wiis we got. That went for the DSes too. For every 3 we got in, there were at least 5 people waiting for them. Now there's at least 30 Wiis in the backroom. Most of them are still in the boxes they ship in. DSi sales arent even that high right now. I didnt even buy mine at Walmart.

Nintendo needs to focus on games, because just about everyone who has wanted a Wii has one by now. It seems like they're trying to, and they may even surprise us. Who knows.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff