Submit

Demo Play...
  Okay
  No way
View Results

[Mr. Moo]

Dapper Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:05 pm
What do you guys think about the new Demo Play feature Nintendo is implementing in some of its future games?
http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/210855/demo-play-confirmed-for-new-super-mario-bros-wii/  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:13 pm
People that are bitching about it don't have to use it. People that get stuck and frustrated easily, and don't want to (or are unable to or don't know how to) go look up a FAQ can use it to make the game more enjoyable. It's a neat idea in my opinion, because some games have puzzles that I just go "WHAT I DONT GET IT" during. Though this is for Nintendo's games, which most of the time don't stump me too much; it's still a neat idea that I expect could catch on with other companies.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Paper Sonic

Hilarious Lunatic

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:24 pm
Ah yes. I've heard people complain about this... I don't really see the big deal. Use it if you get stuck its not like they're FORCING IT ON YOU. Its seems like rhythm heaven demonstrated this idea. After 3 failed attempts one could go to the cafe and skip a minigame thus preventing EXTREME RAGE!!! (I REALLY hated the Moai game >.>)  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:28 pm
Rejoice!! now everyone can have fun and win when they get a lazy moment in their gaming lives. I remember having a lazy moment in majora's mask the other day. I didn't feel like collecting all the damn fairies at the snow peak dungeon  

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:47 pm
There was this one puzzle game on the PC that I played a long time ago called Max's quest or something and as a kid I just didn't get a lot of the puzzles. I kept failing on one level and I was getting really pissed off and it came up and said "We noticed you're having some trouble with this stage. Would you care to skip it?" I was so freaking happy.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:47 pm
I don't mind this. It's great for younger gamers who would just ask their parents/friends/siblings to beat the level for them anyway.
Seriously, it's the Wii. It's not like you can brag about beating 99% of the games on this system anyway, so who cares if anyone doesn't actually play the videogame they bought.  

-Hel the Reaper-

Mukuchina Kurasu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:57 pm
Thats pretty cool.
To be honest, there were some parts in games that made me kinda wish there was a feature like this.

Just for those parts that get super annoying and frusterating, I'm not having any fun anyway. But in mario game, that doesn't happen.

In fact it doesn't in many nintendo games at all anymore...  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:41 pm
I'm not really for it, but I'm not against it either.

I'll only use it for bullshit hard puzzles and moments in games.

However, I prefer to figure things out on my own. I get a better since of pride and satisfaction that way.  

Sir Codin

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:06 pm
One of my friends is always telling me that she doesn't like fighting the enemies in Zelda games, so this will be perfect for her. XD

This is one of those features I'll probably never use. Making someone else beat a part of a game for me is one of those trivial things I beat myself up about.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:44 am
Yuck.

Mario hasn't been hard since Super Mario World.

If you can't beat a Mario game now a days, you should pretty much kill yourself.

"But think of the young-ens who can't beat the game! This would be perfect for them!"

I beat Mario Bros 3 all by myself when I was 7, it was hard for me then, but you know what?

Games are supposed to have some difficulty to them, so you can feel accomplished after you beat a level. Like a sense of childhood pride.

When I got through Bowser's Castle by myself, I couldn't wait for my Dad to get home from work to tell him. It felt like the most exciting accomplishment ever.

Practice for beating a game and getting better at it isn't letting the game do the hard parts for you.

I know you don't have to use this option, and probably anyone over the age of 3 won't need to, but it's stuff like this that's grating Nintendo games towards being TOO kid friendly, and TOO easy.

Like Super Paper Mario. All of my earliest memories of Paper Mario(64) was me getting whipped (sure I can beat it now no problem) and having fun killing weaker enemies so I could save up coins for items to fight bosses with.

TYD stepped up with even more fights and additional ways of combat in game.

SPM came out on Wii, geared as a more child-friendly game, and was pretty much reduced to, "jump on the dood, shake the wiimote to win"

tl;dr, It's a stupid idea. People should be able to beat a game on their own.

inb4 someone shits on me for disagreeing with everyone else so strongly.

Buddha_Cat

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:54 am
so you've never once had a lazy moment buddah_cat? o.o  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:12 am
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx

Never.

I've beaten Kid Icarus: MM, and that is a HARD game.

I've beaten all Master Extras stages in Monkey Ball 2.

I've beaten Megaman 9 in 40 minutes without Game Overing.

The only thing I pride more than my massive vidya collection is my Nerd Rage option on it.

Probably makes me seem like a massive tool.

Buddha_Cat

Bass Beatdown

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:18 am
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
Hard on Mario? Impossible.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 7:35 am
auS-e-Dude
xX_Kyro_Freed_Xx
Hard on Mario? Impossible.

No I was thinking games like zelda were you rushed through the dungeon and then forgot to save and then some puzzles or paths you went during your possible sleep deprived play through or power outage mishap have been forgotten along with the lack of saved game.
The only closest thing to a lazy moment in a mario game was taking the flute because I wanted to play on the giant world a.s.a.p xD

CYBERPUNK PANDA

Ursine Lunatic

16,075 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Partygoer 500

Super Cheesio

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 8:01 am
Aw crap. sad This is quite a predicament. When I get stuck on this game, I just know I'm gonna use this even though I don't want to, erasing any challenge from the game. I'm gonna have to restrain my hands pretty damn hard...  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff