Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
this is a question for the ladies #2 Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tybarious

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:41 pm
ok, this is just purely out of curiousity so please don't maim, maul, kill or otherwise alter me from my present state other thro knowledge you can give me.

I know why women don't like to tell people their age when they're older but what is the point of hiding it when your young? I mean ladies in their 20s and 30s shouldn't be ashamed of that, so is there something I'm not getting b/c I'm a guy or is something else?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:47 am
I never had a problem telling people my age when I was in my late teens and early twenties, but people always thought I was younger than I was, so it was fun telling them the truth.

I think it has to do with that "perfect" age bracket. When you're very young, you want to seem older so that people think you're mature and smart and capable. And when you're older, you already are more mature, so you're more interested in maintaining your youth and beauty.

I'll be 28 at the end of this month, and I hate it because I feel older than I should now. I used to laugh at the women who pretended to be 29 years after they turned 30. But considering how badly I've been feeling about my age lately, I can totally see myself doing that now. sweatdrop

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:49 am
Tis the age old question. LOL

My question is...
Why is it OK for women to lie about their age, but if a guy does it, it's treated like one of the worst things that can be done.

Seriously, I've heard about guys that got dumped because of that.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 6:27 pm
dude: your sister already answered your question stare stare stare

Raven: you're as old as you think you are, if your 50 and think your 30 then you'll act and feel like you're 30  

Tybarious

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:01 am
I used to think of lying about your age as a big deal, but now I think it's more important to know who and what you are. If I can tell what a person is like by talking to them, I'm probably not going to care how old they are. I can't speak for anyone else, but age isn't that important to me in other people. But I know a lot of people use it as an indicator to tell them how to judge others. sad  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:10 am
✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖ ✖

I think people lying about their age is very stupid.
      It shows lack of character. They obviously cannot be happy with themselves and feel the need to "trick" others into finding something about them to like.

I don't care if someone is 10 or 110. If they are a good person and interesting to speak to then I'll talk to them. I have friends ranging all the way from 7 years old up to 83 years old. I don't judge any of them by their age.

I'm ......25 now. I actually forgot. ~_~; *slaps forhead*

ℛîñíÏʞã৳å®û

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:04 pm
LOL

It took me about 20 to start remembering how old I was.
But now I'm 24. (25 soon)

And I'm thinking...
WAA!!! I don't wanna be a quarter of a century old!!!
~pounds floor like baby~

^.^'

[actually ty, she didn't - I was asking why the double standard, not why they lie]  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:20 pm
Me I'm about to turn 29 I have to think about my age cause I don't celebrate my birthday. The way I remember is the year like now 2009 when my month comes around I pull out the two zeros and that's how old I am. *laughs*

The reason I think some woman lie about their age is like me I look older then I am. At the age of 12 I had guy's thinking I was much older like 16 or 18 or something. So it maybe because they want to stay much younger then they look. *shrugs* Honestly...I have no clue I don't lie about my age...I just forget it. sweatdrop  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

NeverMore42_6_6_6

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:07 pm
Mm... personality is all you need know about this. If someone doesn't want to be that age it's fine. (btw, if a guy does it, most of the time he's trying to pick up a younger chick so that is why it is shund. XD )  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:11 am
So to sum it up...

If a guy does it, he wants to pick up a younger chick.
(as you put it)
And if a girl does it, she wants to be younger.

Such a confusing and pointless world we live in.
~le sigh~  

xwhateverxdudex

Sweetkitty

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:00 pm
Oh well, I am still young. The most women want to be beautiful. They can look like 30s. They hate being 50s.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:04 am
Maybe the guys who are trying to pick up younger women and the women who lie about their age should get together. xd  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:15 am
xwhateverxdudex
Such a confusing and pointless world we live in.
~le sigh~

I agree 100% with this statement.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:15 am
purpleravenhawk
Maybe the guys who are trying to pick up younger women and the women who lie about their age should get together. xd

LOL
That would work only so long as they can make themselves look the age that they want... and they never find out the others true age.  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:20 am
Most people don't "look" their age, anyway. There's so much variety in the way that people age that it's often hard to guess their true age accurately. Most people have always guessed me to be younger than I am, and I know lots of people who look younger than their real age, too. And a couple who look older. xp  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff