Welcome to Gaia! ::

GGN Moderators' Guild - NOW OPEN

Back to Guilds

We are a guild of Captains, Vice Captains, and Crew helping out those of similar rank in need and working with developers to improve guilds. 

Tags: Captain, Vice Captain, Crew 

Reply Resources & Discussion
Guild Tradeing (Discussion) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

dooWrojaM

Distinct Member

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:44 am
Your ideas please, you think it will ever cme back? I think clans screwed up any chances it ever had, alonge with gold inflation.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:54 pm
Doubt it. No one really wants to buy or even own guilds anymore. There's really no profit to be made there. Also it's kind of a hassle to take care of guilds not to mention keep them from dying. Also users don't join guilds anymore to actually post. They join now days just to be part of a guild. In closing, guilds are a dying breed ever since back a couple years when the guilds were shut down for remodeling.  

Facelesskiller

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:16 pm
...It's getting hard to give guilds away.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:03 am
Not really counting the fact that guilds are only worth 20K. Nowdays that isn't really much anymore. Back a few years ago 20K was a lot of gold.  

Facelesskiller

mamarita

Generous Guildswoman

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:50 am
There are still a lot of guilds around, and as was pointed out- the price has not changed- the only way to get your investment back is to have lots of subforums.
Posting in the forums gets as much gold as posting in the guilds.
Guilds these days are for 3 reasons, roleplaying, socializing- that's why I love being in 9 guilds-, and then there's this guild which is for socializing and helping people with problems on the guilds they do belong to.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:44 am
mamarita
There are still a lot of guilds around, and as was pointed out- the price has not changed- the only way to get your investment back is to have lots of subforums.
Posting in the forums gets as much gold as posting in the guilds.
Guilds these days are for 3 reasons, roleplaying, socializing- that's why I love being in 9 guilds-, and then there's this guild which is for socializing and helping people with problems on the guilds they do belong to.
But even you have to have seen that guilds are a dying breed. Not many news guilds are being opened these days compared to back in 04-06.  

Facelesskiller

nurmedina

7,650 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:10 am
trading or selling guilds is not a good idea sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:10 am
There are genuine reasons for trading/selling guilds though. Perhaps a guild hasn't done what it was supposed to, or it has bad memories. And, of course, the fact that some people will still try to sell guilds.  

XenjinHattori

4,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200

Facelesskiller

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 4:56 pm
NeoTsure
There are genuine reasons for trading/selling guilds though. Perhaps a guild hasn't done what it was supposed to, or it has bad memories. And, of course, the fact that some people will still try to sell guilds.
Well people now days trade/sell guilds mainly to get rid of them since they don't want to take care of them anymore because since people don't really join guilds anymore to actually post. They still try to sell guilds to more than likely get gold to buy new items coming out each month.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:12 pm
I know people like St._Jimmy, and Galvatron made quite a bit of money at it.  

dooWrojaM

Distinct Member

Facelesskiller

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:58 pm
As far as I know guilds are a dying breed and trying to play them like it's the stock market isn't going to work. Not a lot of people want guilds or would want to cough up 20k for a guild that would die in a matter of months.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:52 pm
Guild trading as a form of gold-making? Nah.... for all the reasons other people have mentioned.

It's still a viable investment as long as you're not thinking in terms of money. Think of the trading attitude as consignment store business rather than stock exchange.  

shall she sail seas

Facelesskiller

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:50 am
At the root of it all is that there is no real profit to be made in vending guilds anymore because of the damn inflation. Now days you have a better chance raking a fortune vending Evolution items.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 9:00 pm
I bought both of my guilds used, and sold the first.

If you are careful you can get a guild for a lot cheaper. Before, it was known to give you a higher starting registry rank. I'm not so sure if it still does.  

LillianSaire

Facelesskiller

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 1:06 am
The registry rank all depends on when the guild was established, the earlier it was established the better and lower number it is. Since I have a guild that was established in June of 2005.  
Resources & Discussion

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff