Guitar Hero 5 Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dez Nihvet

Dapper Elder

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:09 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

This thread will be all about Guitar Hero 5. So kick back, and read.

Setlist:

3 Doors Down - "Kryptonite"
A Perfect Circle - “Judith”
AFI - “Medicate”
The Arctic Monkeys - "Brianstorm"
Attack! Attack! UK - “You And Me”
Band Of Horses - “Cigarettes, Wedding Bands”
Beastie Boys - “Gratitude”
Beck - “Gamma Ray”
Billy Idol - “Dancing With Myself”
Billy Squier - “Lonely Is The Night”
Blink-182 - "The Rock Show"
Blur - “Song 2”
Bob Dylan - “All Along The Watchtower”
Bon Jovi - “You Give Love A Bad Name”
Brand New - “Sowing Season (Yeah)”
The Bronx - “Six Days A Week”
Bush - “Comedown”
Children Of Bodom - “Done With Everything, Die For Nothing”
Coldplay - “In My Place”
Darker My Love - “Blue Day”
Darkest Hour - “Demon(s)”
David Bowie - "Fame"
Deep Purple - “Woman From Tokyo ('99 Remix)”
The Derek Trucks Band - “Younk Funk”
Dire Straits - "Sultans of Swing"
The Duke Spirit - “Send A Little Love Token”
Duran Duran - “Hungry Like The Wolf”
Eagles Of Death Metal - “Wannabe In L.A.”
Elliott Smith - “L.A.”
Elton John - “Saturday Night's Alright (For Fighting)”
Face To Face - “Disconnected”
Garbage - “Only Happy When It Rains”
Gorillaz - “Feel Good Inc.”
Gov't Mule - “Streamline Woman”
Grand Funk Railroad - “We're An American Band”
Iggy Pop - “Lust For Life (Live)”
Iron Maiden - “2 Minutes To Midnight”
Jeff Beck - “Scatterbrain (Live)”
Jimmy Eat World - "Bleed American"
Johnny Cash - "Ring of Fire"
John Mellencamp - “Hurts So Good”
Kaiser Chiefs - “Never Miss A Beat”
The Killers - "All The Pretty Faces"
King Crimson - “21st Century Schizoid Man”
Kings Of Leon - “Sex On Fire”
Kiss - “Shout It Out Loud”
Love and Rockets - “Mirror People”
Megadeth - "Sweating Bullets"
Motley Crue - "Looks That Kill"
Muse - "Plug In Baby"
My Morning Jacket - “One Big Holiday”
Nirvana - “Lithium (Live)”
Nirvana - "Smells Like Teen Spirit"
No Doubt - “Ex-Girlfriend”
Peter Frampton - “Do You Feel Like We Do? (Live)”
The Police - “So Lonely”
Public Enemy Featuring Zakk Wylde - “Bring the Noise 20XX”
Wueen & David Bowie - "Under Pressure"
Queens Of The Stone Age - “Make It Wit Chu”
The Raconteurs - "Steady As She Goes"
Rammstein – “Du Hast”
The Rolling Stones - “Sympathy For The Devil”
Rose Hill Drive - “Sneak Out”
Rush - “The Spirit Of Radio (Live)”
Santana - “No One To Depend On (Live)”
Scars On Broadway - “They Say”
Screaming Trees - “Nearly Lost You”
Smashing Pumpkins - "Bullet With Butterfly Wings"
Sonic Youth - “Incinerate”
Spacehog - “In The Meantime”
Stevie Wonder - "Superstition"
Sublime - “What I Got”
Sunny Day Real Estate - “Seven”
T. Rex - “20th Century Boy”
The Sword - “Maiden, Mother & Crone”
Thin Lizzy - “Jailbreak”
Thrice - “Deadbolt”
Tom Petty - “Runnin' Down A Dream”
Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - “American Girl"
T.V on The Radio - "Wold Like Me”
Vampire Weekend - “A-Punk”
Weezer - “Why Bother?”
The White Stripes - “Blue Orchid”
Wild Cherry - “Play That Funky Music”
Wolfmother - “Back Round”

Gameplay:

Trust me. You'll LOVE this.

Guitar Hero 5 will have a similar gameplay to World Tour, but you can play in any combination of instruments. I.E: You and three others can play Guitar. Star Power isn't shared by the band, but everybody will get their own, like in Rock Band. A new game mechanic called 'Band Moments' will require all members of the band to play sections of a song to earn rewards, in scoring AND visual effects. A 'Band Revival' meter will appear when a player fails the song. The other members will have to play well in order to revive the member. Career will support any DLC from World Tour that the person may have. Bonus challenges, like gaining a certain amount of points when in Star Power, will reward the player with unlockable content when completed.

Two new features have been added to the game. The first is 'Party Play', which allows player to DROP IN OR OUT OF A SONG WHILE IT IS PLAYING AND TO SWITCH INSTRUMENTS OR DIFFICULTIES. The second one is 'RockFest' which can be played by four players locally, or eight online, with several sub-modes. I.E: 'Momentum' adjusts the difficulty, depending how well the player is doing, with more points rewarded by staying at Expert. Other sub-modes include 'Elimination', in which the worst player is dropped periodically, 'Perfection', where only certain sections count towards points, 'Do or Die', which causes the player to wait a bit after they've missed a note, and 'Streakers', which rewards the player for a long string of notes.

An additional feature introduced in Guitar Hero 5 are Challenges, including those tied to specific songs and "open gig" challenges. These were created by Neversoft to allow the developers to take advantage of unique features of many of songs according and provide another layer of gameplay, according to Neversoft's Brian Bright. Each challenge features three possible completion levels—Gold, Platinum, and Diamond, mimicking the music recording sales certification levels—with Diamond being the most difficult to complete. The song-specific challenges, include both instrument-specific challenges, such as correctly vocalizing the repeated "Fame" lyric at the end David Bowie's "Fame" as it moves down in pitch, and more general scoring or performance challenges. Open gig challenges will be randomly presented by sponsors within the game, and will be based on performance aspects such as scoring a certain amount of points using Star Power or using the guitar controller's whammy bar continuously for a length of time. These allow the player to select any song to complete, with some songs potentially being better suited for completing that challenge. The process of these challenges is shown in-game by a record meter that appears when the challenge is active, and fills up similarly to the overall scoring meter as the player successfully completes towards the challenge. Higher completion levels, particularly Diamond, may only be obtained by playing the Expert difficulty of a song, but players can use the mid-song difficulty adjustment feature, and if playing in a band, all players are awarded for completing a challenge if one of the members is able to do so.

The rewards of the challenges are used to replace the previous in-game money reward for buying new outfits and characters in previous Guitar Hero games. As noted by Bright, completing songs in Guitar Hero 5 will give players from one to nine stars; up to five stars for general performance, a sixth star for a perfect performance, and up to three more for the challenges. These will be used to unlock new avatars, outfits, and other additional content for the game.

The Wii version of the game, developed by Vicarious Visions, will be "full feature parity" with the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 versions, including support for up to eight players online, each possibly on their own console. The game will not require players to enter game-specific Friends Codes, but instead will use the global Wii address book to locate friends. The "Mii Freestyle" mode, introduced in World Tour, will also be present, and with changes to address some of the issues with less-skilled players trying to play well together. A "Guitar Hero Nintendo Ecosystem" will be introduced in Guitar Hero 5, letting the Wii version communicate with the Nintendo DS, including a stage manager/video editor DS controller feature in conjunction with the Mii Freestyle mode, and a new game mode called "Roadie Battle"

The Guitar controller will be re-designed, but it might only be for different bundles. It's supposed to be a remodel of the World Tour guitar, with a red finish, more responsive touch pad, more accurate strum bar, and a new finish that will make playing less difficult if you have sweaty hands.

The drum kit has also been redesigned. It will still have five pads, but will look more similar to Rock Band's, with round cymbals and a new, "fixed", bass pedal.

The 'Music Studio' feature will remain, but will be improved.

Johnny Cash has been confirmed as a character.

Carlos Santana has been confirmed to be a character.

Shirley Manson of Garbage has also been confirmed to be in the game.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:03 am
Why call it GH5?
Why not something instead of 5?  

Fire2night

Friendly Conversationalist

7,950 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100

NejiHyuga900
Crew

Sparkly Hunter

9,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:19 am
Dezagon

REALLY?! I hope they will have more note lengths like 1/48 notes (1/32 triplets) and 1/64 notes (very tiny length). And I hope that they will let us manually to add Star Power and Hammer-ons.

I am DEFINITELY gonna' get GH5.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 1:26 am
Fire2night
Why call it GH5?

Why not 4 is my question? Why was WT considered GH4 when others like Rock the 80's, Aerosmith, and Metallica weren't considered a number?  

NubSlayer69

Dez Nihvet

Dapper Elder

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:52 am
NubSlayer69
Fire2night
Why call it GH5?

Why not 4 is my question? Why was WT considered GH4 when others like Rock the 80's, Aerosmith, and Metallica weren't considered a number?
All of the ones you mentioned were just expansions.

World Tour was considered 4 because of how big of a hit it was.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 4:20 pm
This is all a lie/  

Novatechfx Warrior

Crew

Dez Nihvet

Dapper Elder

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:40 am
Stwenomatic
This is all a lie/
How so?  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:25 am
i cant wait till guitar hero 5!!!! im awesome at world tour so i wonder how good ill b at this!!!! biggrin  

emyjoyful

Beloved Seeker

9,650 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

brawlmaster12344

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:13 pm
NejiHyuga900
Dezagon

REALLY?! I hope they will have more note lengths like 1/48 notes (1/32 triplets) and 1/64 notes (very tiny length). And I hope that they will let us manually to add Star Power and Hammer-ons.

if there are 1/64 notes, that means you would have to strum 64 times in 1 second.
but, i hope so too, because then i can make my friends fail instantly  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 3:27 pm
brawlmaster12344
NejiHyuga900
Dezagon

if there are 1/64 notes, that means you would have to strum 64 times in 1 second.
but, i hope so too, because then i can make my friends fail instantly

1/64 note is half of 1/32 note.

1/64 may not be 64 notes in 1 second (depending on the BPM). But a whole measure is 64 notes per measure if you make an entire measure (bar) 64 notes (and/or chords).

If there will be 1/64 notes, I will make a new impossible strumming song. I will set the BPM to 180 (or if it can go higher, then as high as it can) and put 1/64 throughout the entire song until the note limit and see if someone can FC that or at least beat it.  

NejiHyuga900
Crew

Sparkly Hunter

9,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

killrkrispx
Crew

6,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:58 pm
the setlist dissapoints me sad i only like few of those songs and some of the ones on there i like but i like the remakes way better like i like the used and my chemical romance remake of under pressure then queen and i like jimi hendrix's version of all along the watchtower better then bob dylan's... the only 2 songs that stood out to me were the Atack! Atack! song and the blink 182 song sad i still think they sould put more screaming like the devil wears prada and stuff like that  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 9:59 am
Fire2night
Why call it GH5?

because its gonna be so intense, its gonna skip all extra names and be called gh5.
kind of like world war 5  

brawlmaster12344

Fire2night

Friendly Conversationalist

7,950 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:45 am
brawlmaster12344
Fire2night
Why call it GH5?

because its gonna be so intense, its gonna skip all extra names and be called gh5.
kind of like world war 5

HUH.
Really?
World War 5 hasn't happened...
Yet... twisted  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 8:54 pm
Fire2night
brawlmaster12344
Fire2night
Why call it GH5?

kind of like world war 5

HUH.
Really?
World War 5 hasn't happened...
Yet... twisted

its a reference to family guy, where peter says hes gonna start a war so intense, it wiss skip #3 and #4 and be called world war 5  

brawlmaster12344

Dez Nihvet

Dapper Elder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:56 am
Setlist has been updated guys.  
GH Talk!

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items