Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
IT'S the traditional whatcha makin for the holidays thread! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Moira Nazumi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:11 am
Wow, so this hasn't been done yet? wink I'll step into the breach.

I have many various and sundry projects for holiday presents. For my mom I am making a sewing armrest holder. It's got a pincushion, a big pocket for patterns and sissors and such. It's a McCalls pattern, don't remember the number though. For a roommate, i found online a pattern for crochet juggling balls. Already have the yarn and navy beans. Additionally I think I'll be beading some necklaces, maybe making some bags etc. Just all around fun.

edit: oh yea, and a pair of curtains for roommate (perfect fabric for him, so just have to) and curtains for self... Maybe some laundry room organizers for mother in law to be and my own mom...

So, what might people be making for the holidys?  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:43 am
Okay so here's my list (I'm knitting everything also & *=finished):
Mom- Bag w/ Bamboo Handles
Dad- Beanie*
Sister- Guitar Strap
Brother- Hackie Sacks
Other Sister- Tank top sweatdrop
Cat- Bed*
BF- Beanie* Scarf* Arm Warmers (our anniversary and his bday are also coming up so he'll be getting a Beanie w/ Devil Horns and a Teddy Bear)
His Mom- Bag*
Best friend: Gryfindor Scarf
Other random friend: Slytherin Scarf
Other random friend 2: Scarf

I have no idea what possessed me to bring on so much sweatdrop Thank god for huge lecture classes lol  

~neko neko kitty~

Moira Nazumi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 9:28 am
Quote:
I have no idea what possessed me to bring on so much sweatdrop Thank god for huge lecture classes lol

LOL, I know the feeling. 'Well, this is a little thing, won't take me long once I get going, and while I'm here getting yarn...ohhh just think what I could make with that one.... and I'd really rather not buy for one if I'm making for another and and and...  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:18 pm
As usual, tons of ideas, hope I have the time and money to actually get some done this year. ^_^ I have boxes and boxes of fabric and patterns and trims everywhere, I could come up with half the stuff right out of my closets!! What I'd LIKE to do:

Pink dragon-print sling bag for my sister
Purple messenger bag for my neice
Blue messenger bag for my littlest sister (with loads of cool trims)
Tree skirt and decorations for my house
Wreath for my house
Japanese-style purse for my little girl (and one for me!)
OMG hat for myself and my boyfriend
Family shield artwork for my mom (she's wanted it for like, 5 years now)
Family Genealogy scrapbook for my mom... but the book I want is $65. confused  

PiercedPrincess

Umberella

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:27 pm
We decided to be poor this year, so I am just making special Kanzashi pins to wear for all the ladies in my family. heart  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:48 pm
Umberella
We decided to be poor this year, so I am just making special Kanzashi pins to wear for all the ladies in my family. heart
Oh, what do those look like?  

PiercedPrincess

KariudoMegami

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 5:45 pm
Well, I'm making a bunny hat for Tenshi-chan that's kinda a christmas/birthday gift, I'm really glad I thought of it, because it's a hat she designed for one of her characters and it's really nice to be able to... bring it into the real world. whee

I'm thinking about making my brother a scarf, probally in navy blue, black, or gun-metal grey. Hmm, I'm also considering trying to make a few plushies -again, for friends- and a set of legwarmers. I think that's mostly it. Maybe add a few knitted -or chainmaille, depending on whom it will be for...- purses to that. Maybe.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:01 pm
Moira Nazumi
Quote:

LOL, I know the feeling. 'Well, this is a little thing, won't take me long once I get going, and while I'm here getting yarn...ohhh just think what I could make with that one.... and I'd really rather not buy for one if I'm making for another and and and...
Yeah craft stores are heaven and hell at the same time more heaven though heart I need unliimited money for crafts  

~neko neko kitty~

KariudoMegami

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:02 pm
~neko neko kitty~
Moira Nazumi
Quote:

Yeah craft stores are heaven and hell at the same time more heaven though heart I need unlimited money for crafts
Mmmm... Exactly. It's pretty hard to think of a happier time than when I'm in a craft store with a lot of money. Being in a craft store is enough to make me pretty happy as is, money or no money. Heaven indeed. heart  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 6:46 am
I was going to make some beaded jewellery, but my wire needle broke and I can't find a normal one that fits through the beads cry  

Dracolich

Dangerous Vampire

Lychee Fruit

Dangerous Stalker

15,900 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:57 am
Umberella

There's nothing poor about kanzashi! ^_~ (That's one craft I'd love to know.)

My plans are small so far. I'm going to cross stitch some spritely cards to send to friends, and a few of them other things like small watercolors and comics. Right now the only things I could knit for them would be cupholders. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 9:32 am
I'm stenciling shirts for my dad and brother. One will have a "Ministry of Silly Walks" motif, and the other Darth Vader saying "Whose yer daddy?" For the rest of the relatives I'm going to knit little tiny teddy bear christmas ornaments *fingers crossed that they turn out ok!*  

Elyzabel

~neko neko kitty~

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 7:34 pm
KariudoMegami
~neko neko kitty~
Moira Nazumi
Quote:

Yeah craft stores are heaven and hell at the same time more heaven though heart I need unlimited money for crafts
Mmmm... Exactly. It's pretty hard to think of a happier time than when I'm in a craft store with a lot of money. Being in a craft store is enough to make me pretty happy as is, money or no money. Heaven indeed. heart
I love it either way as well I just really wish I had more money I can't get a job since none of the places w/in walking distance are highering and my campus isn't exactly safe. I would love to just craft, I need to work harder on them and get good enough to sell some stuff!  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:01 am
crying I havn't even thought about it yet!

I'll proably make a few plushies...
I would like to make some sushi cushions...
I'm making a few Kansashi ornaments (ball type)
Some plushie fridge magnets maybe?

stressed It's nearly December, I think it may be too late for me!  

BabyLondonStar

fireclaws

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:14 pm
I just finished a scarf for my aunt, all gathers and mohair. It was fun, but I'm still glad I'm done. Also hoping to knit three other scarfs for uncles, it's good procastination on my finals. And felt some holiday coasters for grandparents.

And how about making oranaments? We are cheap college students in my room, so we have recycled things. An old magzine with its pages folded like a paper airplane just needs some paint before it is our tree. I've also found that the lids of SOBE bottle caps can be cut with wire cutters. If you make even cuts around the rim, you can fold the edges out to form a star.

The best part is that I have found a pattern for those 3-D folded stars to share:
http://www.highhopes.com/3dstar.html

Can you tell I love the holidays?  
Craftin'

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas